PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 Free Agent Rankings

Robinson would be so perfect for Mac, but I like Chark too.

He is sort off unmined talent. Just the type to wind up in NE on a prove it deal.
Agree Chark has a very high ceiling.
I think he would be perfect for a 2 year 18 mill deal.

I would love to see them sign Robinson, but it will likely cost too much. If they were able to get him, and Jameson Williams injury pushes him down to the Patriots WR would become a strength for them. That is however some seriously wishful thinking. I’m not a fan of Charles, and he’s not in the same tier as Robinson.

I don’t think they can invest at OL this off-season, too many other needs. First we have to see the retirements, and then evaluate the rest of their needs (after WR, which is obviously a glaring need).

WR and MLB. Are their two most obvious needs, but there will still need to be work done in the secondary as well.

Don't major in the minors. Wynn is serviceable, we have much bigger fish to fry. Did you notice our defense during the Buffalo playoff game?

Wynn is rated at 31st and Brown is 34th on PFF. PFF might be wrong but they are not far off. Moving Brown to left tackle to replace Wynn is "standing still". We need to move forward fixing major deficiencies. Why do you want to look for a new tackle when that uses up cap dollars OR draft capital we need in other places? The objective in the offseason is to improve.

Because Wynn is not a major problem - we have big issues and people keep harping on minor issues. Let's stay focused on the goal of dramatically improving. We improved greatly from 2020 to 2021 - BB was chosen as executive of the year. Replacing a serviceable player like Wynn in 2022 takes time, money, or draft capital. Let's spend our limited resources on the major weaknesses. Wynn is not a major issue. Let's repeat the success of the 2021 off-season.

Who are the many? Since there are "many" you should easily be able to name 4 or 5.

Wynn is not a major issue. Prioritize the major issues and attack those. DT is a major issue. CB is a major issue. I think DE is a major issue. If DMac retires, FS is a major issue. OT is a medium or minor issue.
I think the thought was to slide Wynn to LG:
Brown-Wynn-Andrews-Mason-Onwenu

I'm definitely not down on new England's OL. Their run blocking was superb.

Don't major in the minors. Wynn is serviceable, we have much bigger fish to fry. Did you notice our defense during the Buffalo playoff game?

Wynn is rated at 31st and Brown is 34th on PFF. PFF might be wrong but they are not far off. Moving Brown to left tackle to replace Wynn is "standing still". We need to move forward fixing major deficiencies. Why do you want to look for a new tackle when that uses up cap dollars OR draft capital we need in other places? The objective in the offseason is to improve.

Because Wynn is not a major problem - we have big issues and people keep harping on minor issues. Let's stay focused on the goal of dramatically improving. We improved greatly from 2020 to 2021 - BB was chosen as executive of the year. Replacing a serviceable player like Wynn in 2022 takes time, money, or draft capital. Let's spend our limited resources on the major weaknesses. Wynn is not a major issue. Let's repeat the success of the 2021 off-season.

Who are the many? Since there are "many" you should easily be able to name 4 or 5.
Nope, I won’t call names but literally 80 percent here argued with him about it ,
Not defending his McD bashing or insults at other posters tough
Wynn is not a major issue. Prioritize the major issues and attack those. DT is a major issue. CB is a major issue. I think DE is a major issue. If DMac retires, FS is a major issue. OT is a medium or minor issue.
Not arguing about that Wynn needs to be on the team next year imo and 10 Million is nothing for a LT

I think the thought was to slide Wynn to LG:
Brown-Wynn-Andrews-Mason-Onwenu

One poster said Wynn was a bust. Not true.

We can discuss and worry about the OL configuration in April or May when we know what happens to Brown and Karras. I do not think the OL configuration had any effect on our loss to Buffalo. It is worrying about a minor issue. Whether Wynn plays LT or LG is not going to make Buffalo punt more - just a minor, arbitrary, opinion - I am amazed people really cared about the OL alignment after Brown returned and the problem was fixed because Wynn or the alignment was not the issue.

Last edited:
Nope, I won’t call names but literally 80 percent here argued with him about it ,
Not defending his McD bashing or insults at other posters tough

Not arguing about that Wynn needs to be on the team next year imo and 10 Million is nothing for a LT

OK. I never read his posts. I skip past them. It is the same complaints spamming over and over, and I think the complaints show no significant insight into real major issues. The complaints seem to be personal, not objective or constructive suggestions. So I skip his posts. But I am amazed if 80% of the posters are overly concerned with the OL alignment after Brown returned and the OL became a very very minor concern versus other more major issues (DT, DE, CB, #1 WR).

OK. I never read his posts. I skip past them. It is the same complaints spamming over and over, and I think the complaints show no significant insight into real major issues. The complaints seem to be personal, not objective or constructive suggestions. So I skip his posts. But I am amazed if 80% of the posters are overly concerned with the OL alignment after Brown returned and the OL became a very very minor concern versus other more major issues (DT, DE, CB, #1 WR).
I skip those as well sometimes , will not use the ignore function anytime soon on anyone , I have no issue skipping them or just reading and I just don’t respond
No I mean like 80 percent were arguing against his takes to shift the o line
They had the same opinion as you in keeping wynn at lt
Sorry if I wasn’t clear

Did you notice our defense during the Buffalo playoff game?
Did you notice the offense after we the opps score 25 points?

We were 0-9.

The offense needs help. However, Wynn isn't the problem.

We need to re-sign or replace Brown, Karras, White and our 4th WR.

I skip those as well sometimes , will not use the ignore function anytime soon on anyone , I have no issue skipping them or just reading and I just don’t respond
No I mean like 80 percent were arguing against his takes to shift the o line
They had the same opinion as you in keeping wynn at lt
Sorry if I wasn’t clear

I do not use the Ignore function either. I know what you mean.

Did you notice the offense after we the opps score 25 points?

We were 0-9.

The offense needs help. However, Wynn isn't the problem.

We need to re-sign or replace Brown, Karras, White and our 4th WR.

The biggest improvement in the offense will be Mac and the receiving core having a 2nd year to work together. Before that I agree we need a deal with Brown, Karras, and White. After that I would love to have a #1 WR but I do not think that will be prioritized. But the Pats adding a slot receiver in the draft might happen. Maybe we can add a #1 WR next year (2023) if we plug most of the holes in 2022 (not sure we will be successful at it).

Draft Jameson or Metchie, and sign Godwin to a 5yr deal...

How this is done, I dont care.

The corner playing for kc today is a free agent. I think his name is ward.

he plays a lot of man coverage. He might be a reasonably low cost option for us.

If we resign Trent Brown, he can always move to LT and we'll have Onwenu at RT.......I do think that OT is a position that we need to keep a close eye on though.
If we could find someone to take on Wynns cap hit, resign brown and put in Onwenu, I’d be stoked.

There is a team out there that would do that deal, but would bb?
Great question. I guess it all would come down to what he thinks he has long term in Wynn and whether or not he thinks he can resign him. Wynn has his moments, positive and negative, same with Big T. I guess they could extend Wynn to lower his cap hit and free up some cash to resign Brown. For me it’s the same situation we are in with JC. Really close to letting him walk and getting nothing in return.

Offensive line overview:

Andrews at center and Mason at right guard seem like locks.

Wynn is penciled in at left tackle.

Significant reserves are cajuste and herron at tackle. Sherman at guard. Maybe the Canadian we signed can play center?

that leaves two holes and one oswenu. Oswenu at right tackle as a rookie exceeded expectations. Oswenu at left guard this past year was a disaster. Let’s pencil him in for right tackle.

we need at least one addition, preferably a left guard.

Hijacking this thread for a different purpose .

By end of 12 games how does our FA class look like . These are my rankings and I believe I am a bit liberal.

1. Judon - A- (missing in later half but just considering sacks we should mark it a A)
  2. Wise - A ( contract value)

1. Godchaux - B
  2. Folk - B +
  3. Peppers - B+
  4. Parker - B

1. Mills - B-
  2. Henry - B-
  3. Phillips - B-
Bourne - C
Agholor - C-
T brown - C -

Jonnu - D -
Bailey - F
wynn - F

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back