PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if allen robinson is available for trade

But he does. Are you one of the delusional anti Judon guys or something?
No he’s anti Patriot.
No matter what happens he finds a way to trash it.

So you think a mild mannered guy who is a mediocre qb at best is going to publicly demand a trade because the team disrespected him so much as to change one player on the OL?
Never gonna happen.
He’s not a mediocre QB in my opinion, but that’s obviously subjective. Why keep a 29 year old QB if you’re doing nothing? Raiders are such a dogshit organization.

One thing for sure is: Dollar for dollar, Desmond King > Jalen Mills...and I liked Mills coming out of the 2016 draft, Bill could've used one of his comp-6th picks on him...But my goodness that feckin contract...

You really should stop embarrassing yourself.

1. You liked Mills coming out of the draft? Really? The same Mills who ran a 4.61 at the combine? You kill Belichick every time he drafts a WR or CB who runs 4.5 or above but you were a fan of Mills? You are full of sh*t, one way or the other.

2. This isn’t 2018. King was terrible in ‘19 and ‘20. How terrible?

Despite his All-Pro season two years ago, King has not been good the last two years. Out of the 34 players that played 200 snaps in the slot last season, King allowed the fifth-highest passer rating with zero interceptions. He allowed 36 receptions on 41 targets. He was not great.

36 REC ON 41 TARGETS

3. King is a bad nickel corner. The Patriots don’t need a nickel corner, so why exactly are you proposing that they should have wasted cap space, and a roster spot, on a player they don’t need? They needed someone like Mills, who was converted to SAFETY last year. He most likely will play the Harmon role but he has a lot of versatility. The signing makes even more sense with the news that Chung is retiring

Mike Reiss (@MikeReiss) Tweeted:
Via @ESPNStatsInfo: Patriots free-agent signing Jalen Mills is the only player in the NFL to play 50+ snaps at all seven of these pre-snap locations last year:

Left & right OLB
Left & right slot CB
Left & right wide CB
Free safety

#Versatility

4. Mills’ feckin contract is not feckin bad, at all. If you took five minutes to do some research on it, maybe you would realize that, even if you wouldn’t admit it publicly.

But it’s worth noting that the guaranteed money on this contract runs out after 2022 and just $3.5 million of his $4.5 million base salary in 2022 is guaranteed. So this is really a two-year, $12 million deal. The Patriots can cut Mills after the 2022 season for a limited dead cap charge of $1.25 million in ’23.

In summary, 1616116933854.gif

Last edited:
One thing for sure is: Dollar for dollar, Desmond King > Jalen Mills...and I liked Mills coming out of the 2016 draft, Bill could've used one of his comp-6th picks on him...But my goodness that feckin contract...
Mills contract isn't much different than Kings.. But why bother with facts when you can rave like uninformed lunatic. Oh wait.. I forgot.. you're just being yourself..

All the geniuses here will say no way. But, who among us really knows what’s running through Belichick’s head. How many of us foresaw the flurry of signings this week.

If Bill thought what many of you think of Stidham, he would likely already be gone. And, despite revamping several position groups so far in free agency, the QB room remains the same sans Brian Hoyer. Just saying....

Pretty sure most people knew that they were going to be signing a lot of people. Just not the WHO..

Just for speculation, but if this trade were to happen, I would do:

Patriots get:
-Gallup
-#10 pick

Cowboys get:
-gilly

Come to think of it, I’d do that trade in a second. Get another good receiver and a 10 for a very good aging cornerback coming off an injury who probably wants to get paid again. Sign me up. If only this was real.

Just for speculation, but if this trade were to happen, I would do:

Patriots get:
-Gallup
-#10 pick

Cowboys get:
-gilly

Please stop sharing tweets with non-credible rando Twitter accounts. I beg of you. That user in particular is making crap up as they go and you’re falling for it every time. Not even credible media people have that much knowledge of the inner workings of the Patriots.

It is literally no different than one of us on this forum claiming that the Pats are trading for Watson or Garoppolo. Use some common sense please, or at least share tweets from verified users. Look for the blue checkmark. If they don’t have one, good chance of being fake.

Edit - Just for the sake of speculation, I would pass on that trade, rather have Gilmore. Also no way the Cowboys would do that trade either if we’re being honest here.

Last edited:
Please stop sharing tweets with non-credible rando Twitter accounts. I beg of you. That user in particular is making crap up as they go and you’re falling for it every time. Not even credible media people have that much knowledge of the inner workings of the Patriots.

It is literally no different than one of us on this forum claiming that the Pats are trading for Watson or Garoppolo. Use some common sense please, or at least share tweets from verified users. Look for the blue checkmark. If they don’t have one, good chance of being fake.

Edit - Just for the sake of speculation, I would pass on that trade, rather have Gilmore.
He got caught linking Will Fuller to the Panthers, Patriots, and Titans about half an hour before he signed with the Dolphins, and then deleted the original tweet. I’m also skeptical that he’s really in Atlanta, or in the US at all for that matter. His only gap long enough for a night of sleep was from 5:33 AM to 2:30 PM Atlanta time.

He got caught linking Will Fuller to the Panthers, Patriots, and Titans about half an hour before he signed with the Dolphins, and then deleted the original tweet. I’m also skeptical that he’s really in Atlanta, or in the US at all for that matter. His only gap long enough for a night of sleep was from 5:33 AM to 2:30 PM Atlanta time.
Yup. It’s just common sense. Random dude with vague Twitter bio, no actual credentials that can be found anywhere else. Less than 3K followers and not a single reputable media member among them. Doing it all to rile people up and get likes and retweets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back