PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
boom smile GIF

Please stop sharing tweets with non-credible rando Twitter accounts. I beg of you. That user in particular is making crap up as they go and you’re falling for it every time. Not even credible media people have that much knowledge of the inner workings of the Patriots.

It is literally no different than one of us on this forum claiming that the Pats are trading for Watson or Garoppolo. Use some common sense please, or at least share tweets from verified users. Look for the blue checkmark. If they don’t have one, good chance of being fake.

Edit - Just for the sake of speculation, I would pass on that trade, rather have Gilmore. Also no way the Cowboys would do that trade either if we’re being honest here.

he broke the Jonnu Smith signing before Schefter did

I saw it coming. I only said it about 300 times.
We can conclude based upon what he has done with stidhams playing time that it’s pretty easy to see what he thinks of him.
So did I but not to this extent. I think you’re reading too much into Bill not playing him at the end of the season. Belichick was right; playing him in those games would not tell him anything about Stidham that he didn’t already know.

Maybe, what he knows is Stidham has the talent to be a capable NFL QB but blew it big time last off-season preparing for his shot to win the job. That Stidham is still around is testament to that, or, I would argue, he’d have been traded to the Texans by now.

Just for speculation, but if this trade were to happen, I would do:

Patriots get:
-Gallup
-#10 pick

Cowboys get:
-gilly

I think Gallup is worth more than Gilmore in a trade right now. Gallup is only 25 and one year removed from a 1,100 and 6 TD season and Prescott missed most of the season last and Gallup still got 843 yards and 5 TDs with Andy Dalton throwing to him most of the year. And he was on track for another 1000 season before Prescott went out.

I think if the Pats do pull of a trade for Gilmore for Gallup, expect the Pats to have to give up more in compensation than the Cowboys. Gilmore is on the wrong side of 30 entering the last year of his deal and still is nursing an injury.

I think people are overrating Gilmore's trade value. I think the Pats can get like a third rounder for him. That is probably what the Cowboys could get for Gallup.

Just for speculation, but if this trade were to happen, I would do:

Patriots get:
-Gallup
-#10 pick

Cowboys get:
-gilly

This guy is not legit

he broke the Jonnu Smith signing before Schefter did

So out of the 100 or so bogus speculations he throws out there he managed a lucky guess on one of them (and still got the dollar amount incorrect) and that makes him credible? How’d the DJ Chark to the Ravens rumor go? Let’s take a look:

If you choose to continue being duped then that’s on you.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: jah
So did I but not to this extent. I think you’re reading too much into Bill not playing him at the end of the season. Belichick was right; playing him in those games would not tell him anything about Stidham that he didn’t already know.

Maybe, what he knows is Stidham has the talent to be a capable NFL QB but blew it big time last off-season preparing for his shot to win the job. That Stidham is still around is testament to that, or, I would argue, he’d have been traded to the Texans by now.
He didn’t play him basically ever while we watch crap QB play.
That he is still around only indicates he is under contract and no one wants to offer anything for him.

He’s not a mediocre QB in my opinion, but that’s obviously subjective. Why keep a 29 year old QB if you’re doing nothing? Raiders are such a dogshit organization.
The raiders are trying to win. It’s not like they are the jets.
you can’t just say we want to win and magically have it happen.
They are doing wag at they think is best for the franchise.

I’ll put it this way, Carr is no better than the rest of the team and he is as responsible for their mediocrity as anyone else.

Whoops sorry I’m late on the David Andrews news, still happy he’s back!

Seems like RB and QB are the only positions that haven't been given strong competition so far this offseason. I expect RB will be next.

This was one long happy dream and its just not ending :)

Welcome back lucky charm Andrews!

Another nice move by NYJ under Douglas.

The whole AFCE is winning this FA.

Another laughing stock franchise is turning it in the right direction..

NYJ & CLE signing relatively young GMs groomed in sustainable/winning cultures paying dividends
-

There was an article quoting Jordan Palmer, who is Stidham's offseason throwing coach, that Stidham's college preparation for playing the quarterback position in the NFL was one of the weakest he had seen. It may explain why Belichick stuck with Cam.

Texans with some more additions:

There was an article quoting Jordan Palmer, who is Stidham's offseason throwing coach, that Stidham's college preparation for playing the quarterback position in the NFL was one of the weakest he had seen. It may explain why Belichick stuck with Cam.
I think you are referring to Curran's article. He didn't say that it was "the weakest he'd seen." Here is the actual quote you are referring to:

"What people don’t realize is Jarrett had as far to go mentally in terms of what he knew about football between college and pro as anybody I ever worked with,” said Palmer"

Palmer basically says that Baylor and Auburn did Stidham a disservice and didn't prep him with the ability to read Pro Defenses. And that the offenses were very basic at both places and that they didn't really do much to prepare Stidham to run Pro-Style offenses.

One part of the Curran article that speaks to Stidham's work ethic is this:
"This guy watches as much tape as anybody. He studies as much as anybody. It’s not just all you see, Pats Nation, in the game. There are things that lead up to that."

and another quote from Palmer
"He knows this offseason is the offseason to grab it and take it," Palmer said. "Last year, it looked like things were heading in that direction and then Cam coming in ... the way things shook out, I’m not privy to that. But I would assume they’re going to bring someone in to compete and Jarrett’s going to get himself ready to compete and fill in the leadership void on this team and looking to step up.

He knows how important this year is and what’s expected of him. He’s been in this system with Josh McDaniels for a few years now. He’s healthy, he’s in a good spot and it’s time. I think that’s how he looks at it and as his coach out here that’s how I look at it."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back