PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not confident Rex is back in 2021

Coming off a major injury I am not sure he will get a better offer than here.

I get your point but I think he won't be able to do better than a 1 year deal here. Especially in this weirdo environment with the cap going down.

White on the other hand is off to either Miami or the Bucs on a deal that will hopefully result in a big payday for him and give us a 4th round pick back.

Njoku is soon to be a free agent.

You're not buying cheap on OBJ with that contract. You're taking a huge risk.
Yes Cousin, As mentioned, Njoku is a one year rental and OBJ is a risk that I would suspect the Patriots to vet. If he is healthy, his cost compared to what a Godwin, Golladay, Schuster, Hilton, Robinson or even an A.J. Green would cost makes him reasonable. Is that a fair statement? OBJ has two more years.

Gilmore will probably cost almost $20 to resign in 2022 so he is a one year rental as well.

DW Toys

Yes Cousin, As mentioned, Njoku is a one year rental and OBJ is a risk that I would suspect the Patriots to vet. If he is healthy, his cost compared to what a Godwin, Golladay, Schuster, Hilton, Robinson or even an A.J. Green would cost makes him reasonable. Is that a fair statement? OBJ has two more years.

Gilmore will probably cost almost $20 to resign in 2022 so he is a one year rental as well.

DW Toys
With Brady gone, and the QB position a mystery, why would Beckham want to play in New England?

With Brady gone, and the QB position a mystery, why would Beckham want to play in New England?
I have to believe Belichick has a plan.
It’s more than likely Mitch or Marcus with also trading up for their guy.
I think they are going to try to go for broke and go for Wilson.

He did well last season catching the ball I can’t recall which game it was but he looked comfortable and was getting good YAC.
He caught 7 passes all of last year. And he had 2 multiple catch games. He caught two against Vegas, and three against the Jets in week 17. I'm not saying it's impossible that he'll improve this upcoming year. With God, all things are possible (with a Juggs machine, fewer things are possible, but improved catching is one of those possible things). I'm just saying that the reason he hasn't gotten used much, to date, in the NFL passing game is because he's sucked, to date, in the NFL passing game.

I have to believe Belichick has a plan.
It’s more than likely Mitch or Marcus with also trading up for their guy.
I think they are going to try to go for broke and go for Wilson.
OK

If you're Beckham, why would you want to play for a talent needy team that had Mitch or Marcus under center?

Hey JJ Watt, pick a damn team already! We need something to talk about.

IMO, it isn't Watt's indecisiveness....it is everybody not knowing their cap number. We should know the 2021 cap around March 15th at the latest, IMO. Disney and the NFL are in talks RE: MNF/ESPN package.

OK

If you're Beckham, why would you want to play for a talent needy team that had Mitch or Marcus under center?
Never said Beckham would I’m just saying I’m confident Belichick has a plan.
For the QB position.
I think he’s trading up.

That one seems sort of win/win ish, if Belichick isn't planning to try jumping into heavy contention right away.
Agreed - if he wants to try to take a shot this year and be a big spender, keep Gilmore. If he wants to have a properly fleshed-out rebuild and be a longer term contender for a few years, trade Gilmore while he has value. Otherwise he's gonna end up just being a comp pick year-after-next.

I'm still waiting to hear the pitch to any WR, TE or even RB for choosing NEP over other teams, everything else being equal.

DW Toys
Njoku was notified of his release.

Beckham's 16m against the cap coming off that injury. he could be re-worked as he has no dead money for a couple of years, but 16m is a lot for any WR coming off an ACL. I mean, if they think he's back to OBJ, then I guess it's a good risk to take (aside from his head-case nonsense that BB won't put up with.

I'm still waiting to hear the pitch to any WR, TE or even RB for choosing NEP over other teams, everything else being equal.
$$$$$$$.

Teams that won the off-season in previous years included the Jete, the Browns...

If this is the attitude, then maybe we're JUST DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$$$$$$$.

Teams that won the off-season in previous years included the Jete, the Browns...

If this is the attitude, then maybe we're JUST DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I said everything else being equal, meaning with comparable offers. If you're saying that Bill will overpay to land FA then that's certainly possible. He just doesn't seem like the type to overpay for a player.

Why did he go to Cleveland?

Because he was under contract and was traded.
Beckham's shown his ability to negatively impact his team when he's not happy. So, to repeat:

I said everything else being equal, meaning with comparable offers. If you're saying that Bill will overpay to land FA then that's certainly possible. He just doesn't seem like the type to overpay for a player.
He offered more to Humphries. He’s willing to pay top dollar.

Coming off a major injury I am not sure he will get a better offer than here.

I get your point but I think he won't be able to do better than a 1 year deal here. Especially in this weirdo environment with the cap going down.

White on the other hand is off to either Miami or the Bucs on a deal that will hopefully result in a big payday for him and give us a 4th round pick back.
At this point I'm not even thinking about offers. I'm concerned about him making the team. Takes a while before the knee can perform and at 31 that's two strikes against him.

Come on down Duke.

Always liked him. A fit for the NE RB by committee. Solid pass catcher with excellent hands and an effective rusher. Kevin Faulk/ Dion Lewis type RB, but I noticed that he wears down with too many carries. 28 years old at the start of 2021 season, Burkhead is gonna be 31. Just sayin.

Burkhead or White or a pass-catching free agent.

I'm fine with Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey