PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I’d be okay with this, but I thought he declined a bit last year. I feel like there’s better options still available on the market. Although there is a value in keeping Devin happy I’m sure.
He allowed a 135.0 passer rating when targeted.

Last edited:
This sounds similar to what they said about Tom. Projected around 5-162.

View attachment 31458
The video that I watched of him the thing that really impressed me was he wasn't throwing to wide open receivers. The windows he was throwing into were really small and he was hitting them in stride.

WRs signed to date. Grading for the top 15 from top to bottom:

#10, #27, #46, #9, #63, #47, #78, #45, #89, #53, #120, #dnp, #82, #92, #115.

Jets, WFT, & Phins got great value for Davis, Samuels, and Fuller. Jags stole a very consistent Jones (31 yo) @ $6.25M

View attachment 31457

Yeah, because these ratings are totally relevant to anyone working in NFL front offices and your assessment of “value” is really useful before any of the players have taken a single snap for their new teams. Davis’ best year was last year and Agholor was better in 2020 and is more versatile. There have already been several posts about why the Agholor vs. Samuel comp is silly. Plus, it is possible that he was always destined to play with his college roommate and first NFL coach. We don’t know what the Patriots or any other team offered him.

it would also be great if you could show us numbers that actually count, like the salary cap hit of each of the players by year. Average annual value is irrelevant, unless you happen to be one of Bob Krafts heirs.

But you be you and keep twisting yourself into a pretzel in order to find ways to criticize BB, wasting our time along the way with dogsh*t posts like that.

The video that I watched of him that thing really impressed me was he wasn't throwing to wide open receivers. The windows he was throwing into were really small and he was hitting them in stride.
Link please

I can’t read the full article, but I’ve seen tweets saying that the guarantees were voided by the Titans. That would mean his salary disappears from the cap entirely when released.
Makes sense, "guarantees" can be voided if the player does not comply with the terms of the contract.

I don't think TEN can void the signing bonus though ( $4,480,032 ) and that gets spread over three years IIRC.

They can try to get cap relief like we had to do with the unmentionable player but that takes time.

The NYG are shaping up to have a pretty nice skill position corps. However, health, the OL, QB & Barkley (injury) will ultimately determine their offensive potential.

-WR Golladay (hypothetical/pending)
-WR Slayton
-WR Shepard
-WR Ross (stay healthy????)
-WR Pettis
-TE Engram (catch the damn ball)
-TE Rudolph

A lot of these guys are solid but not on the way up any more and have some injury concerns.

Many are looking for their third or fourth contract.

A bit different than BB taking on younger players on their way up looking for their second or third contract.

Yeah, because these ratings are totally relevant to anyone working in NFL front offices and your assessment of “value” is really useful before any of the players have taken a single snap for their new teams. Davis’ best year was last year and Agholor was better in 2020 and is more versatile. There have already been several posts about why the Agholor vs. Samuel comp is silly. Plus, it is possible that he was always destined to play with his college roommate and first NFL coach. We don’t know what the Patriots or any other team offered him.

it would also be great if you could show us numbers that actually count, like the salary cap hit of each of the players by year. Average annual value is irrelevant, unless you happen to be one of Bob Krafts heirs.

But you be you and keep twisting yourself into a pretzel in order to find ways to criticize BB, wasting our time along the way with dogsh*t posts like that.
Patsgofor4x2

It's just information, that apparently triggers you? Because you don't like it? Being a mega homer is one thing but berating posters for not constantly shaking their pom poms is a whole other level of lame. Please change your name, it's outdated and dumb. Thank you

Patsgofor4 after buying tickets that Pats win SB, lol

56791c2112aa31c53cc2c34c7ff49296.gif

A lot of these guys are solid but not on the way up any more and have some injury concerns.

Many are looking for their third or fourth contract.

A bit different than BB taking on younger players on their way up looking for their second or third contract.

The money's just not out there and some of these guys may have to take 1 year deals and hit the market next year.

I'd take TY hilton on a one year deal. I still want one more receiver.

The NYG are shaping up to have a pretty nice skill position corps. However, health, the OL, QB & Barkley (injury) will ultimately determine their offensive potential.

-WR Slayton
-WR Shepard
-WR Pettis
-TE Rudolph
White or McCourty seem more likely for us

-WR Slayton
-WR Shepard
-WR Pettis
-TE Rudolph

actually i would argue that daniel jones’ development is the most important factor in NYG offensive potentiapn

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes