PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mills ran a 4.58 on his pro day workout. Looking good out there in the rain.

Speaking of MIA...

Wow...

29th overall pick in last year’s draft. Showed up late for his physical and missed two workouts. Seems like he just doesn’t want to play football anymore.
Also can’t help but think back to this awkward moment on draft day

Speaking of MIA...

I can’t believe there were people on here who saw Harry for Wilson as a fair trade. Harry is going to be on an NFL roster next season at the very least, while it looks like Wilson is voluntarily choosing not to play football anymore.

Now the big question is whether either Tennessee or Miami voided his guarantees, because that’s an extra ugly trade if they didn’t.

Wow...

29th overall pick in last year’s draft. Showed up late for his physical and missed two workouts. Seems like he just doesn’t want to play football anymore.
Also can’t help but think back to this awkward moment on draft day

Hours before getting cut on IG. Before someone thinks that he could be a reclamation project. Nope.

Yup that too, big oversight on my part!
Not big at all.

You're essentially talking about less than $50k on every million. Less than, because athletes pay taxes in most states where they play games, not just their home state. He'll pay NY, or maybe NJ, taxes for his games against the JETE and Bills, M tax on his game in Gillette, etc.

($50k is a bad day on the stock market for anyone making 7-figures. - a bad day, not an OMGWTFBBQ HELP! day.)

Yeah I got us another pick. Shhhhh.

I need to find that trade value chart. If we traded 1st-3rd rounders and maybe an extra 4th, I’m curious how high we could move up.

The number of women now suing Deshaun Watson for sexual harrassment just went up to 7. That's in addition to 12 accusations so far. I wonder at what point does this bend far enough to break and end his career. At the very least it has thrown a major wrench in trade talks for him.

Guess we'll need a 'Miguel interpretation' but I thought when you got traded any pro-rated bonuses hit the trading team, and the salary part conveys to the traded team, so MIA is gonna take a small hit.

In 2021, Wilson will earn a base salary of $1,135,836, while carrying a cap hit of $1,135,836 and a dead cap value of $5,384,606.
Ref: Isaiah Wilson

So if I'm right, MIA is gonna take the $1.135M salary hit on their cap, but I could be wrong.

I think TEN took a bigger cap hit because all the bonus money accelerated.

Same page suggests TEN took a $4,480,032 hit.

Last edited:
This sounds similar to what they said about Tom. Projected around 5-162.

20210320_104401.jpg

Not big at all.

You're essentially talking about less than $50k on every million. Less than, because athletes pay taxes in most states where they play games, not just their home state. He'll pay NY, or maybe NJ, taxes for his games against the JETE and Bills, M tax on his game in Gillette, etc.

($50k is a bad day on the stock market for anyone making 7-figures. - a bad day, not an OMGWTFBBQ HELP! day.)

I think the article said essentially the same. What does that mean? Who knows. When the real numbers come out it could be $1M extra over three years. Some guys are not going to walk away from an extra $350k per year while others think that is essentially the same. I don't blame anyone for taking the money for their life and family. Post NFL what will he make?

I need to find that trade value chart. If we traded 1st-3rd rounders and maybe an extra 4th, I’m curious how high we could move up.
The 1st 4 picks (1660) gets you to #6 (1600). I think once you get into top 10, there's an expectation of more than value per chart though.

The 1st 4 picks (1660) gets you to #6 (1600). I think once you get into top 10, there's an expectation of more than value per chart though.
I think Detroit at 7 would probably be our best trade up target. They may be wanting to stack up more picks for this year.

Guess we'll need a 'Miguel interpretation' but I thought when you got traded any pro-rated bonuses hit the trading team, and the salary part conveys to the traded team, so MIA is gonna take a small hit.

Ref: Isaiah Wilson

So if I'm right, MIA is gonna take the $1.135M salary hit on their cap, but I could be wrong.

I think TEN took a bigger cap hit because all the bonus money accelerated.

Same page suggests TEN took a $4,480,032 hit.

I can’t read the full article, but I’ve seen tweets saying that the guarantees were voided by the Titans. That would mean his salary disappears from the cap entirely when released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes