PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, Cam went 7-9 WITHOUT all these extra weapons. And we'll hopefully have a better defense (especially against the run). I'm not saying he'd be good as a full year starter, but if he had to play three games in relief? We could win 2 of them with this group, assuming it's not our three toughest matchups in a row.
Sham blows.....mechanics are junk....decision making some of worst ever.....multiple balls batted down at LOS with 6’5 Cam

Sham blows.....mechanics are junk....decision making some of worst ever.....multiple balls batted down at LOS with 6’5 Cam
The problem, all season, was Cam & his receivers/TE's. While his weapons in the passing game were mostly hot garbage, Cam is partly responsible for how bad they were too. He made a ton of terrible decisions, like you said the batted balls also. Could barely string together 100 yard passing games.

I don't care if you are passing to Jacobi Meyers and Damiere Byrd as your top two wideouts, you cant play as poorly as Cam did. We didn't have a passing game, at all. I have to assume he'll be a little better this season but not by a whole lot. Not enough to be a threat in the playoffs or even to win the division.

I like Cam Newton and he seems genuine and easy to cheer for a comeback. Good natured and positive etc. In light of all that he was abysmal last year. Absolutely abysmal.

I don’t know what Belichicks grand plan is? He’s had a phenomenal free agency so far and it looks like he’s not done. I’m hoping for one of the big 3 qb’s, Wilson, Lance or Jones to be landed in the draft.

I’d like Cam to be around to mentor that qb but I just can’t imagine Newton doing it on the field at a pro bowl level. However, It eould be great to be totally wrong and have Cam shock the world. If BB feels thats the direction I will concede to his belief that he can make it work.

Honestly most everyone in Football knows Cam is toast....if BB tries to prove a point by bringing him back and not moving to another QB like last years debacle.....we will have another down year
I'm curious if this is from a poll that you ran sourcing everyone in football? And do you really believe that Bill's decision making is limited to and based on making
How did you feel about his decision making and throwing motion last year? Were you happy with him as our QB....what will change this year that makes you so confident?!
So make an illogical rant about Cam and Bill, and then deflect when called out on it...gotcha.

During Watson's rookie season, McNair made national headlines for saying black football players kneeling during the national anthem was like "inmates running the prison". But was Watson's rookie season. So he may have been uncomfortable at the time to speak up given the political environment and his rookie status which is understandable, but he did sign a new contract with the Texans after that.

Is there something new on the racism front I am missing?

“Inmates running the prison” isn’t racism but we do like n this bull **** everything is offensive or racist era

Alot of NFL guys seem to still love cam newton

doesn’t change anything these guys always stick together ain’t nobody gonna come out and say he sucks

doesn’t change anything these guys always stick together ain’t nobody gonna come out and say he sucks
He sucks, there I said it.

Disagree I don’t see teams trading a guy a year into a deal being signed. The pampered nba players get there money and want out 5 months later absolutely absurd
The Patriots traded Drew Bledsoe the year after he signed that huge deal with the Pats. And it only netted them a 1st.

This isn't the first time a big name has had an issue with a team and demanded to be traded. Sometimes it works out for the player. Sometimes it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News