PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another tight end? Am i the only one not in love with our wr group even with the new additions. I thought for sure they would add another wr.

Problem is (for better or worse) you're paying Agholor and Bourne as top 3 WR on the team, and Meyers has shown he's a solid #2 (or 3 at worst). You could sign someone to compete with Edelman (if healthy), Gunner, Harry, and Lee for those 4 and 5 spots, but adding another top guy just pushes Meyers out which is already a competent WR on a cheap deal. I'm not sold on Agholor, but now that he's here, another top WR isn't really a great use of resources... though watch now, they'll sign Samuel and I'll go eat my hat.

Problem is (for better or worse) you're paying Agholor and Bourne as top 3 WR on the team, and Meyers has shown he's a solid #2 (or 3 at worst). You could sign someone to compete with Edelman (if healthy), Gunner, Harry, and Lee for those 4 and 5 spots, but adding another top guy just pushes Meyers out which is already a competent WR on a cheap deal. I'm not sold on Agholor, but now that he's here, another top WR isn't really a great use of resources... though watch now, they'll sign Samuel and I'll go eat my hat.

looks to me like the guys they've signed will fit in well with a 2-TE, power run/play action offense....and they aren't done yet

Henry and Smith were the two TEs on my FF team this past season

AND THEY'RE NOT DONE ADDING PIECES

I mean « and they’re not done »... it hardly seems plausible. But the flood gates are open.

I don't know. Ask Mariota or Brissett.
Mariota didn’t get a starting job. Brissett only did because luck retired.
Mariota played last year for 5 mill as did Winston and Mariota is likely going to be cut.
The Colts making a mistake serves no real purpose for what will happen with a future player unless and until the colts are in the same situation.

• Winner
Reactions: jah
I’m nervous cam will hold the team back if he’s playing qb again. Too much money invested into the team to hope cam can rebound from the debacle last year.

I’m nervous cam will hold the team back if he’s playing qb again. Too much money invested into the team to hope cam can rebound from the debacle last year.

I am not sure you can built a more QB friendly offense than hard ground and pound with two elite TEs and complementary WRs.

While I really want Lance in the draft I think Newton wouldn't even have to throw much this year to make this one of the best offenses in the league. When the defense goes heavy to counter all the beef we have on the field both TEs are athletic enough to exploit LB mismatches. If they stack the box we have enough bodies now to give Cam enough time to wait for longer developing concepts that exploit that.

And if we pick a rookie QB all of this will also help that player after a year of development immensely.

remember the idiots

natalie wood christmas GIF

Pats Fans on the first day of FA.

For those who keep hating on Cam. This offense was garbage with Brady in 19 and garbage with Cam in 20. No QB was making anything work with the garbage at TE and Wr after Edelman.

Cam will surprise folks on this board with the amount of talent he now has to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick