PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
d

I’m sorry I’m used to frugal Bill not Dan Snyder Bill I like this Bill it’s way more exciting I would of exchanged Judon for Dupree and Agholar for Davis but they nailed it with Jonnu Smith.
I get it. And, if the 2020 team hadn't been hot garbage, I'd be worrying about the pennies a lot more. But this team needs tent pole players, if possible, and second level players if that's the best it can get. And, because the team's drafted as if a blind member of an isolated tribe has been in charge of things, just relying on the draftees to grow into those roles is not something the team can do.

So priorities now are QB & LB?

Judon is an EDGE/LB type guy. Adding him to Uche, Hightower, and Winovich. They really need a ILB replacement, IMO because Bentley just isn't getting it done. And I'm not sure what Jennings is supposed to be.

Last edited:
They are getting Hightower back and have Cam. With the new weapons and a better understanding of Cam's strength I'm actually excited to see what this offense will do.

I also think the plan is to draft a QB to groom and get ready for 2022.

LB should also be a top priority in the draft

Seeing how much cash Bill was throwing around, it's not hard to believe players were saying they didn't want to play here so he had to overspend. I'm sure he targeted better receivers, than Agholor and Bourne, that weren't interested. It's only logical.

I'm OK with who we got. The money is insane though.
Never let facts get in your way without twisting them to make them (falsely) appear to back up your wrong opinion. Bravo.

You assume that. But there is no way to know that for sure. Now that Shaq Barrett has his deal will he get soft? Will Brady start to show his age? Will the team be able to deal with their success and opposing teams looking to player at a higher level now that they are the champs?

You can argue that the NFC is worse with teams losing players, but the Bucs have done little to nothing to make themselves better than 2020 at this point. So you are just speculating.
It's March. For every single team, it's literally all nothing more than informed speculation, at best, at this point.

I get it. And, if the 2020 team hadn't been hot garbage, I'd be worrying about the pennies a lot more. But this team needs tent pole players, if possible, and second level players if that's the best it can get. And, because the team's drafted as if a blind member of an isolated tribe has been in charge of things, just relying on the draftees to grow into those roles is not something the team can do.
The misses have been glaring I’m not exaggerating when I will say half of this board could of made the picks in the first 3 rounds and had at least the same success but I’d wager many of us would of outperformed Caserio.
Yes I choose to blame him it helps me sleep better at night.

You assume that. But there is no way to know that for sure. Now that Shaq Barrett has his deal will he get soft? Will Brady start to show his age? Will the team be able to deal with their success and opposing teams looking to player at a higher level now that they are the champs?

You can argue that the NFC is worse with teams losing players, but the Bucs have done little to nothing to make themselves better than 2020 at this point. So you are just speculating.

How am i speculating? They have a cupcake schedule as well. Idk how you say that with a strange face. They brung back their defensive pieces.

It's absolutely worth the risk and I'm even giving Licht the chance to continue the success by nailing the draft.

He nailed this past draft with Wirfs and Winfield. Still can't believe Bill took Dugger over Winfield.

Winfield Jr screamed being a Bill pick. Pedigree, love of the game, HOF father, and intangibles. Couldn't believe he took the athletic kid who never played against real competition over him.
Dugger will be a better player.

Judon is an EDGE/LB type guy. Adding him to Uche, Hightower, and Winovich. They really need a ILB replacement, ILMO because Bentley just isn't getting it done. And I'm not sure what Jennings is supposed to be.

Young player ready for his first normal pre-season?

LB play was affected by porous DL, 3 starters gone at once, ton of new faces & no off/preseason except limited TC

BB likes both Bentley and Jennings.

It's March. For every single team, it's literally all nothing more than informed speculation, at best, at this point.

I agree with that. That is my point though. On it's face, it looks like a good move to keep the band together. We may find out next year that it was a disaster for the Bucs with the Bucs not going far in the playoffs and gambling a lot of the future for it.

The money is important context we don't know, but Anderson is someone I've wanted the Pats to sign for a very long time. One of my favorite signings of the day.
Played very well under Todd Bowles. Solid run stuffer.

It’s what they did for 15 years.
Please, they consistently let those sort of players go rather than resign them. They've always prided themselves in letting a player go a year too early than a year too late. The Bucs kept those sort of players. Lavonte David is still very good, but starting to lose a step. Barret was much better with Vita Vea in the line up and they could have justified letting those players go rather than tieing them up to contracts that will cause problems down the road. Singing a handful of players to these sort of contracts over 15 years is nothing like doing it all in one year.

We upgraded a lot of our need positions today. I would say priorities are: QB, C, LB.

Not sure what's going to happen with Gilmore, Jackson and J McCourty, so that's a position to keep an eye on as well.

They are getting Hightower back and have Cam. With the new weapons and a better understanding of Cam's strength I'm actually excited to see what this offense will do.

I also think the plan is to draft a QB to groom and get ready for 2022.

LB should also be a top priority in the draft
Having the worst QB in the nfl isn’t not having a need.

I agree with that. That is my point though. On it's face, it looks like a good move to keep the band together. We may find out next year that it was a disaster for the Bucs with the Bucs not going far in the playoffs and gambling a lot of the future for it.
Sure, and this is understood by every single person (or at least almost every single person) talking NFL at this time of year. It makes sense to point it out to someone who's looking at a team making huge changes (i.e. Patriots), because free agency is generally an iffy proposition. But it makes a lot less sense to be pushing it to someone who's just talking about a Bucs team that dealt with all things 2020 and is just re-signing its own players.

I mean, even Kellerman gave up the "CLIFF!" stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3