PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL DRAFT (NEP visits & Pro days)

Last year he was touted as a potential first rounder, but it sounds like the draft media forgot about him until he had a great pro day. McCourty replacement? Don't worry, @captain stone, he can play corner, too. ;)

Pretty good look at him here:

Last edited:
Last year he was touted as a potential first rounder, but it sounds like the draft media forgot about him until he had a great pro day. McCourty replacement? Don't worry, @captain stone, he can play corner, too. ;)

Pretty good look at him here:

Could be highest picked S imo or at least compete with Moehrig for that. I think he is on our radar.

As a matter of fact, Justin Reid should indeed be our Starting FS of the Future here, and the Real Duron Harmon replacement for now...

As a matter of fact, Justin Reid should indeed be our Starting FS of the Future here, and the Real Duron Harmon replacement for now...

Remember, I was a huge fan of his that year. He's been solid. Not an all pro, but promising. Would have been better than what we did. :|

Fields is going to San Fran at 3. No god damn way they’re taking Jones there. That’s a smokescreen. That leaves Atlanta at 4, who are apparently entertaining offers for trading out of that slot, Detroit, and MAYBE Denver as the QB-needy teams that draft in front of us.

Fields is going to San Fran at 3. No god damn way they’re taking Jones there. That’s a smokescreen. That leaves Atlanta at 4, who are apparently entertaining offers for trading out of that slot, Detroit, and MAYBE Denver as the QB-needy teams that draft in front of us.

Is fields ready to start next year?

or do they start jimmy, groom fields and then when jimmy breaks down put in fields!

Is fields ready to start next year?

or do they start jimmy, groom fields and then when jimmy breaks down put in fields!
If I were them, I’d keep Jimmy and let him compete with Fields. You have an asset on your hands who has proven can win in your system and the cap hit is a sunk cost. If Fields beats him in TC, trade him. If not? Keep him, start him, and when the inevitable injury happens, Fields gets some reps. Whether he’s ready or not? I couldn’t tell you for sure. My analysis of him tells me it would be better for him to sit a year and learn. But then, Shanahan’s offense in San Fran is a perfect fit for him. If he can mix in some RPO stuff, which he could do with Fields, that offense would be mighty hard to stop.

If I were them, I’d keep Jimmy and let him compete with Fields. You have an asset on your hands who has proven can win in your system and the cap hit is a sunk cost. If Fields beats him in TC, trade him. If not? Keep him, start him, and when the inevitable injury happens, Fields gets some reps. Whether he’s ready or not? I couldn’t tell you for sure. My analysis of him tells me it would be better for him to sit a year and learn. But then, Shanahan’s offense in San Fran is a perfect fit for him. If he can mix in some RPO stuff, which he could do with Fields, that offense would be mighty hard to stop.

Is fields going to be more durable than jimmy?

So why did San Fran trade a boat load of picks to trade up for this guy?

I'm thinking they traded a boat-load of picks for...Trey Lance, not Mac Jones and Certainly Not for Justin Fields.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back