PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 Mock Drafts

does Washington trade up to get a qb?
In the scenario where there's a QB run and 5 QBs go in the top 8/9 picks I'd say no, it's too far to move and the teams set on taking the QBs wouldn't want to move down anyway.

If a few teams pass on QB's (Atlanta, Detroit) and theres a QB there around 12, they could trade up, but so could we if Bill likes Lance or Jones enough.

I feel like this year either the media/analyst buzz will either be dead on like never before, or be further away than ever, given the fractured nature of scouting & season opt outs, due to the pandemic. So the top 5 QB's could be gone by pick 8, or Lance & Jones could slide to round 2. That's the fun of it!

Draft simulators are fun, but too easy to manipulate. Even so, here are two of my favorite recent efforts:

1615832763002.png

15: R1 P15 QB Trey Lance - North Dakota State
46: R2 P14 LB Zaven Collins - Tulsa
96: R3 P32 DL Tyler Shelvin - LSU
120: R4 P15 WR Elijah Moore - Mississippi
139: R4 P34 S James Wiggins - Cincinnati
145: R4 P40 G Ben Cleveland - Georgia
159: R5 P14 EDGE Elerson Smith - Northern Iowa
199: R6 P13 EDGE Chauncey Golston - Iowa
241: R7 P15 G David Moore - Grambling State

Wow ...if the draft follows the same drift as the FA signings going on just now , it will be some show.

After day 1 of free agency m, we have filled some serious holes in our roster.

remaining holes to fill:

qb - newton is beyond horrible and on a one year deal.

wr - Bourne and agular are nice adds, but we need a true number 1 and maybe a crafty slot guy.

C/g - thuney is gone. Andrews could follow him. We need help here.

lb - Hightower is back, and I think we are trying to resign van noy. But a guy like parsons or Collins would be a great add.

cb- no matter how many you have, you can never have enough.

First mock draft after the first FA Days. I would be happy about it, but have to admit it would probably cost more to trade up to 7.
Not bad (although I feel the floor on Lance is too low to justify trading up that high).

In any case, it would definitely behoove them to draft an IOL or two.

very nice draft. I really like Hayes in our defense. I know we sign judon, but I still hope we draft Hayes!
Me too we still need some depth there with Simon and calhoun gone. Meinerz and Menet could fight for the starter C jon if we don't sign a vet there. We could use a C Backup Upgrade as well

I had Lance & Pitts at 15! I didn't this solely in mind taking no QB & win now with what we have and know after FA. I would have love to get either. Even pass on Lance since it was no QB and put Pitts at the X, NA at Z/slot with Smith & Henry. I got a haul though.
Screenshot_2021-03-17-09-53-27.png

I had Lance & Pitts at 15! I didn't this solely in mind taking no QB & win now with what we have and know after FA. I would have love to get either. Even pass on Lance since it was no QB and put Pitts at the X, NA at Z/slot with Smith & Henry. I got a haul though.
View attachment 31274
The additional future Picks from the trade downs are great but if we don't have to trade up and Lance falls into our spot I would pull the trigger 10 out of 10 times. We got to get another QB. Of course Collings would be great as well esp. if we don't like the QB Class.

The additional future Picks from the trade downs are great but if we don't have to trade up and Lance falls into our spot I would pull the trigger 10 out of 10 times. We got to get another QB. Of course Collings would be great as well esp. if we don't like the QB Class.
Agreed. This was a "no QB, win now" mock. I would have taken Lance in a heartbeat!

Agreed. This was a "no QB, win now" mock. I would have taken Lance in a heartbeat!
Sorry wasn't aware of that. Idk how they can give the AVT Pick at 32 a C Rating. I would lose my mind if we get him there

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back