PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 Mock Drafts

For the sickos in all of us.

Not for everyone. I saw good prospects available and took a shot. Didn't try to plug every hole.
Lance is my QB3. Collins might be LB1. Jordan will probably be TE2. I'll have a high grade on Joesph. Wanted to give Lance some weapons. Even if 1 or 2 work along with Jordan that's not bad. We got some outside/inside presence with Rodgers, Newsome & Eskridge. With our OL that offense is a great start.
Screenshot_2021-03-09-08-35-02.png

Now all these mocks can be thrown out the window because one of our 4th-round comps was STOLEN from us, same as our 3rd-rounder was...

Damn the NFL (& Kraft Productions) to hell...

1615591237899.png

#10 Trey Lance QB. At 6'4 227 Trey Lance has prototypical size for the QB position. He also has a rocket arm that has drawn comps to Josh Allen. Patriots give up a mid round pick in order to target Dallas for a trade-up. Since the Cowboys locked up Dak Prescott to a mega-deal, they aren't interested in Lance and have no problem flipping their pick for extra value. The question with Lance is level of competition at North Dakota but in terms of physical makeup he's exactly what you want in a modern passer. Give him a year to season on the bench behind Cam Newton. Then hopefully Lance takes over the starting position in 2022.

#34 Jaelen Phillips. At 6'5 266 Jaelan has the prototypical size and wingspan of an edge defender. He also has explosive athleticism that allows him to attack and pressure the QB. The only reason he lasts until round 2 is injury questions. He suffered from concussions at UCLA. Retired for a year, but then came back to football with Miami and showed off freakish athleticism that could be worthy of a 1st rounder if fully healthy.

#75 Ifeatu Melifonwu. A rangey 6'2 CB, Melifonwu projects at the high end as a starting CB who can handle the taller WRs that now proliferate in the NFL. The writing is on the wall, it's time to prepare for the departure of top CB Stephon Gilmore.

#120 Dylan Moses LB. 6'2 235 athletic linebacker from Alabama. We all know the Nick Saban connection. Here's another guy who drops because of medicals but displays elite athleticism and hitting ability when healthy. Moses looks to be worth the risk with a mid round pick and the Patriots need more depth in their linebacking corps.

#130 Hunter Long. The 6'5 255 lb TE from BC has gone a bit under the radar but he offers prototypical size for the position. As a redshirt junior, Long also produced great numbers when given the opportunity, catching the ball 57 times for 685 yards and 5 TDs topping the ACC. He could stand to improve his run blocking and route running. But he has all the raw physical tools to emerge as a solid starter at the TE position for the Patriots if he continues to develop.

PS During my draft QBs Trevor Lawrence went #1, Zach Wilson #2, Justin Fields #6, Mac Jones #19. Others of Interest TE Pitts #4, LB Micah Parsons #5, LB Zavon Collins #31.

Last edited:
Hands down man for this draft. If it somehow happens I would be on cloud nine.
We are loaded with WRs, nice set of DLs with one of my favorite - Nixon. Also like picks of Christensen,Browning and Joseph.

Hands down man for this draft. If it somehow happens I would be on cloud nine.
We are loaded with WRs, nice set of DLs with one of my favorite - Nixon. Also like picks of Christensen,Browning and Joseph.
Thanks and yea I was happy with it. And kinda how I saw it. Big hits and dents at DL/WR with nice value at LB, CB & T.

Waddle & St Brown can move anywhere. Two inside tough YAC guys in Rodgers & Smith.

You can put Nixon or Togiai in the middle at 0-1-3-4. Stills as well as a pass rusher.

Lots of players but I can't pass up on these trades lol. Definitely love the value in this class though. Normally it holds true about there being little difference between picks 20-60. This year that is quite apparent.

With 2021 being an important year for teams financially, I can easily see 5 QB's taken in the top 8, with the top 4 receiving options also gone before 15 (Chase, Smith, Waddle & Pitts). This is because QB/WR sell tickets and create buzz more than any other position. More than ever, bad teams are going to want a fresh start in a (hopefully) post pandemic world.

QB is the position that signifies a fresh start and I think that teams that in other years may have been conservative when reaching for a QB will pull the trigger. If this happens, I think BB will go defense or trade back:

1. Jags - QB Trevor Lawrence
2. Jets - QB Zach Wilson
3. Dolphins - WR Devonta Smith
4. Falcons - QB Trey Lance
5. Bengals - T Penei Sewell
6. Eagles - WR JaMarr Chase
7. Lions - QB Justin Fields
8. Panthers - QB Mac Jones
9. Broncos - CB Caleb Farley
10. Cowboys - CB Patrick Surtain II
11. Giants - WR Jaylen Waddle
12 49ers - EDGE Gregory Rousseau
13. Chargers - TE Kyle Pitts
14. Vikings - DT Christian Barmore
15. PATRIOTS - LB Micah Parsons/Trade back

There's a chance the Lions pass on a QB, in which case the Broncos will scoop up the 5th one taken.

Thanks and yea I was happy with it. And kinda how I saw it. Big hits and dents at DL/WR with nice value at LB, CB & T.

Waddle & St Brown can move anywhere. Two inside tough YAC guys in Rodgers & Smith.

You can put Nixon or Togiai in the middle at 0-1-3-4. Stills as well as a pass rusher.

Lots of players but I can't pass up on these trades lol. Definitely love the value in this class though. Normally it holds true about there being little difference between picks 20-60. This year that is quite apparent.
If we go draft heavy on WR, what do you see our WR/TE depth chart looking like in September? I'm hoping for something like this:

WR
Free Agent (Fuller)
Free Agent (Sanders - taking Edelman's vet role)
Meyers
Olszewski
Rookie
Rookie

TE
Free Agent (Rudolph)
Asiasi
Keene

With 2021 being an important year for teams financially, I can easily see 5 QB's taken in the top 8, with the top 4 receiving options also gone before 15 (Chase, Smith, Waddle & Pitts). This is because QB/WR sell tickets and create buzz more than any other position. More than ever, bad teams are going to want a fresh start in a (hopefully) post pandemic world.

QB is the position that signifies a fresh start and I think that teams that in other years may have been conservative when reaching for a QB will pull the trigger. If this happens, I think BB will go defense or trade back:

2. Jets - QB Zach Wilson

There's a chance the Lions pass on a QB, in which case the Broncos will scoop up the 5th one taken.
From everything I've read and heard about Pitts and if this scenario plays out, do we trade up and at what point, if he is still available and getting close to 15?

From everything I've read and heard about Pitts and if this scenario plays out, do we trade up and at what point, if he is still available and getting close to 15?
Having watched most Gators games last year I'd trade up as high as 11 to get him if I was set on a TE. But, as much as I'd love Pitts I'd rather save that pick for another position & have FA (Rudolph) mentor Asiasi & Keene, one of whom should break out in the passing game this year.

Like others have debated, would BB invest a high pick (plus trade up cost), having just drafted 2 TE's (both of whom he traded up for) in a season that rookies never had a fair crack of the whip.

If we go draft heavy on WR, what do you see our WR/TE depth chart looking like in September? I'm hoping for something like this:

WR
Free Agent (Fuller)
Free Agent (Sanders - taking Edelman's vet role)
Meyers
Olszewski
Rookie
Rookie

TE
Free Agent (Rudolph)
Asiasi
Keene
Yea I wouldn't mind two FA pick ups with two or three draftees including a mid-late round TE. Maybe a guy like Jordan if he slips a bit.

Having watched most Gators games last year I'd trade up as high as 11 to get him if I was set on a TE. But, as much as I'd love Pitts I'd rather save that pick for another position & have FA (Rudolph) mentor Asiasi & Keene, one of whom should break out in the passing game this year.

Like others have debated, would BB invest a high pick (plus trade up cost), having just drafted 2 TE's (both of whom he traded up for) in a season that rookies never had a fair crack of the whip.

I don't think it wasn't that they didn't get a fair crack, it's more like they couldn't earn field time. Same thing goes for Stidham. I feel like fans tend to overvalue the team's draft picks when the most likely scenario is that they are just not as good as we'd like them to be.

I mean look at "Zero Seperation" N'Keal Harry. He still has his ardent defenders even after it's become clear he was nowhere close to the likes of DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, and other WRs who were taken AFTER him.

Patriots should look at drafting another TE to 'compete' with the rather unimpressive crop that we drafted last year. Obviously picking up a solid veteran TE would also help ease the woes of the last place TE production the Patriots got last year.

2. Jets - QB Zach Wilson

does Washington trade up to get a qb?

I don't think it wasn't that they didn't get a fair crack, it's more like they couldn't earn field time. Same thing goes for Stidham. I feel like fans tend to overvalue the team's draft picks when the most likely scenario is that they are just not as good as we'd like them to be.

I mean look at "Zero Seperation" N'Keal Harry. He still has his ardent defenders even after it's become clear he was nowhere close to the likes of DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, and other WRs who were taken AFTER him.

Patriots should look at drafting another TE to 'compete' with the rather unimpressive crop that we drafted last year. Obviously picking up a solid veteran TE would also help ease the woes of the last place TE production the Patriots got last year.
While I agree Harry is a lost cause and a bad pick, I still have hope the reason the TE's couldn't earn said field time was the state of flux within the organisation (plus they both went on IR).

I just think Bill won't invest any high capital in TE as like you say picking up a solid vet is better to mentor the kids than drafting a 3rd kid. Of course if Pitts fell to 15...

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back