PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 Mock Drafts

First go. Done very little work so far so go easy.

View attachment 31415
Getting a qb should be No. 1 priority if we like someone outside of lawrence. This team needs another QB. We filled more holes than I expected via FA and needs have changed but I like to go value here like you did with a qb. Lets be honest the late round additions are mostly for depth and competition is what you can expect. Nice when they can contribute like onwenu or herron but that's not what we can expect there. So you got competition in areas i like to see adressed like WR DB and O Line. Athletic DT/DE added so Yeah good one

Getting a qb should be No. 1 priority if we like someone outside of lawrence. This team needs another QB. We filled more holes than I expected via FA and needs have changed but I like to go value here like you did with a qb. Lets be honest the late round additions are mostly for depth and competition is what you can expect. Nice when they can contribute like onwenu or herron but that's not what we can expect there. So you got competition in areas i like to see adressed like WR DB and O Line. Athletic DT/DE added so Yeah good one
Thanks. That’s how I attacked it:

Lance - QB - Obvs!
Milton Williams - Adam Butler replacement/Deatrich Wise cover with lots of upside
Amari Rodgers - YAC guy, gadget type, possible Edelman successor
Israel Mukuamu - Our two outside CBs may not be on the roster this year, never mind next.
Alaric Jackson - Well coached backup OT/OG
Tariq Thompson - Devin McCourty backup/future replacement
Khyiris Tonga - Run stuffer

Wanted an inside linebacker too.

Lance - QB - Obvs!
Agree !
Milton Williams - Adam Butler replacement/Deatrich Wise cover with lots of upside
Yes very athletic guy as others posted his numbers recently. DT/DE versality depend on down
nice addition for our WR corp i think esp good value here
Israel Mukuamu - Our two outside CBs may not be on the roster this year, never mind next.
He had a lot of hype coming into the season but his teammate Horn got more attention when the season went on. Mukuamu had an injury. He's more of a big corner maybe S idk I'd rather take a different outside CB cause we already have several bigger DB's who aren't the fastest and cover TE/RB mainly. Let's say for example Keith Taylor from Washington. Nice length, played mostly outside CB, good tackler, fits press man by some reports, needs work but could be a nice shot for a longterm No.2/3 outside cb. (Just an example)
Don't know much about Jackson and Thompson. Tonga did a solid job at BYU.
Yeah we can't solve everything in one draft.

I did a mock with a scenario of a trade down that there is no trade up for a QB possible
I am looking at the Mock like this:
HT and KVN won't be there forever. It's good to draft their replacement early to learn from those guys. Collins can be that guy i hope
Newsome takes over for Gilmore. Much needed youth at CB.
DO as a future DE. Can play outside early or rush from interior on passing downs. Wise upgrade hopefully on the other side of Judon
Meinerz and Karras as IOL Backup.
Wallace and Eskridge WR competition and depth.
Twyman third down DT possible. Depth competition. Let them fight out for the roster spots

1616189532150.png

Last edited:
I did a mock with a scenario of a trade down that there is no trade up for a QB possible
HT and KVN won't be there forever. It's good to draft their replacement early to learn from those guys. Collins can be that guy i hope
DO as a future DE. Can play outside early or rush from interior on passing downs. Wise upgrade hopefully on the other side of Judon
Twyman third down DT possible. Depth competition. Let them fight out for the roster spots

View attachment 31430

I love these trades! Great job.

View attachment 31430
I know I’m late to the party this year so clearly a statement of the obvious here, but in any other year we’d mostly be locked into Zaven Collins as the consensus first round pick

in order to run bb’s pattern matching cover 3 defense, you must have a great free safety.

d mccourty was that guy for years. Starting in 2022, surtain could be that guy for us, if he runs well.

the biggest knock I have on him is how Florida receivers ran by him like he was running in wet cement in the sec championship game.

download (3).png
#1-Traded up and had the option of Fields or Lance. Took me much longer than I would like to admit to deciding on something fake.

#2- No one available I liked, so I traded down. Couldn't believe Najee was there. No need to rush him as the backfield is solid right now. Incorporate him on some 3rd downs, get his feet wet, etc.

#3-Weaver was BPA. Strong guy, groom him to be similar to Wise. Inside/outside.

#4. I had to grab Felton here. Too much value. Would be great coming out of the backfield, contribute on ST's, and can go wide and play receiver. Replaces Rex.

#5. Moses was BPA/Value pick.

#6 to the end- A flurry of trades. No players were available that I wanted to pick. Was able to move up from some of my later picks. Was able to get some picks for 2022. Already felt like I might've picked too many guys. Overall happy with the results, and super bored since FA has slowed down. :D

View attachment 31466
#1-Traded up and had the option of Fields or Lance. Took me much longer than I would like to admit to deciding on something fake.

#2- No one available I liked, so I traded down. Couldn't believe Najee was there. No need to rush him as the backfield is solid right now. Incorporate him on some 3rd downs, get his feet wet, etc.

#3-Weaver was BPA. Strong guy, groom him to be similar to Wise. Inside/outside.

#4. I had to grab Felton here. Too much value. Would be great coming out of the backfield, contribute on ST's, and can go wide and play receiver. Replaces Rex.

#5. Moses was BPA/Value pick.

#6 to the end- A flurry of trades. No players were available that I wanted to pick. Was able to move up from some of my later picks. Was able to get some picks for 2022. Already felt like I might've picked too many guys. Overall happy with the results, and super bored since FA has slowed down. :D

wow! That is a lot of nice trades.

absolutely love the van lanten pick. I think he could be a better guard than thuney. And a much better run blocker.

This gets super interesting if SF takes a QB. We could get Jimmy for a 2nd rounder maybe and then go defense with the first rounder.

It also gets super interesting if Chase or Devonta Smith are around, these are the only 2 WRs I'd be for. Otherwise Parsons, Paye, Zaven Collins make sense to bolster the Front7.

Last edited:
wow! That is a lot of nice trades.

absolutely love the van lanten pick. I think he could be a better guard than thuney. And a much better run blocker.
I’ve done the simulations quite a few times on different sites over the past month and find myself trading down a lot. That mid rd. 2-4 seems to be my sweet spot.

This gets super interesting if SF takes a QB. We could get Jimmy for a 2nd rounder maybe and then go defense with the first rounder.

It also gets super interesting if Chase or Devonta Smith are around, these are the only 2 WRs I'd be for. Otherwise Parsons, Paye, Zaven Collins make sense to bolster the Front7.

I believe if SF drafts a QB, they’ll keep JG for this year at a minimum. Who knows though, maybe that is why they were looking at Flacco. To be that bridge guy in case something goes down.

Lance - QB - Obvs!

Glad to see ya back Manx. I just don’t trust any qb’s except Lawrence. I don’t want to lose next year’s first if qb can’t cut it.

Agree about Zaven Collins. He’s our guy unless Parsons slips to 15.

1. Collins
2. Mond - Put him at Bama and they’re undefeated. Put him at NDSU and he has crazy stats. Dak 2.0

3. Marvin Wilson - DT FSU
4. Tre Brown - CB - Oklahoma
4. De metric Felton - RB/WR -UCLA
He played WR at Senior Bowl.
4.Quinn Meinerz - G Wisconsin Whitewater

Not sure about rest yet

First Trade-free still too early Mock Draft in the thread that I made:
15) Trey Lance, QB, NDSU
46) Asante Samuel Jr., CB, FSU
96) Richard LeCounte, FS, UGA
120) James Hudson, OT, Cincinnati
122) Marvin Wilson, DT, FSU
139) Tommy Kraemer, OG, ND
177) Caden Sterns, SS, Texas
188) Chris Rumph, DE, Duke
197) Cornell Powell, WR, Clemson
242) CJ Marable, RB, Coastal Carolina

UDFAs: Shawn Davis, FS, Florida; Jacoby Stevens, SS, LSU; Deon Jackson, RB, Duke; Tuf Borland, LB, Ohio State; Noah Gray, TE, Duke; Ben Mason, FB, Michigan; Luke Farrell, TE, Ohio State; Jake Funk, RB, Maryland; Tamarrion Terry, WR, FSU

In hindsight, this was silly

There will be a ton of trades (likely moving up) and limited roster spots

Can't wait, what a start to the offseason

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back