PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 Mock Drafts

I don't see Pats paying big bucks for a FA WR. Offense has pieces in place that can be supplemented through mid level FA. Defense needs bolstering badly. NT-ILB-Pass Rusher.
If they do, I hope it's for a Robinson or JuJu or a true WR1...I have a feeling Samuel and Agholor will be overpaid as well

Entering the '21 season with ARob/JuJu, Edelman, Meyer as our starting WRs is pretty good...Edelman can no longer be the top guy and Meyers has shown a lot ability...Even Byrd would be great depth as WR4/deep threat

Obviously TE needs to be addressed as well in either the form of Pitts/Frieirmuth or Henry/Jonnu

Defense definitely needs help, especially with 54 and Chung possibly retiring, Guy a FA, D Mac inching closer to retirement

Winovich, Dugger have been awesome and Cowart, Williams, Jennings, Bentley have all been solid

Dalvin Tomlinson is a top FA I would want here

I think it starts up front. I think we resign guy. Then if we draft a guy like Davis of Georgia or barmore of Alabama or shelvin of LSU in the second round, we have solidified the middle.

we need defensive ends and there are a ton in this draft and there will be several free agents that bb could consider.

I think it starts up front. I think we resign guy. Then if we draft a guy like Davis of Georgia or barmore of Alabama or shelvin of LSU in the second round, we have solidified the middle.

we need defensive ends and there are a ton in this draft and there will be several free agents that bb could consider.
I Love Guy, but paying him big at this age wouldn't be smart

If they do, I hope it's for a Robinson or JuJu or a true WR1...I have a feeling Samuel and Agholor will be overpaid as well

Entering the '21 season with ARob/JuJu, Edelman, Meyer as our starting WRs is pretty good...Edelman can no longer be the top guy and Meyers has shown a lot ability...Even Byrd would be great depth as WR4/deep threat

Obviously TE needs to be addressed as well in either the form of Pitts/Frieirmuth or Henry/Jonnu

Defense definitely needs help, especially with 54 and Chung possibly retiring, Guy a FA, D Mac inching closer to retirement

Winovich, Dugger have been awesome and Cowart, Williams, Jennings, Bentley have all been solid

Dalvin Tomlinson is a top FA I would want here
I don't perceive Winovich as awesome. He has a high motor, makes some highlight plays, but he doesn't set the edge. He gave Watson several escape opportunities last week and Watson took advantage of every one. I would like to see him moved to ILB and work to become a Bruschi. Undecided about Cowart, but Bentley is not good, Jennings and Williams may improve with more time but I wouldn't describe them as solid.

I don't perceive Winovich as awesome. He has a high motor, makes some highlight plays, but he doesn't set the edge. He gave Watson several escape opportunities last week and Watson took advantage of every one. I would like to see him moved to ILB and work to become a Bruschi. Undecided about Cowart, but Bentley is not good, Jennings and Williams may improve with more time but I wouldn't describe them as solid.
Interesting proposal for Winovich, curious if that's something we see down the road

Still think Winovich is a force and NE's gotten solid production out of the others I listed

Interesting proposal for Winovich, curious if that's something we see down the road

Still think Winovich is a force and NE's gotten solid production out of the others I listed
Well, he was better today on setting the edge. He could be a classic Patriot if he can learn to "do his job".. Yesterday, he did.

Brugler has QBs at 1, 2, 6, 8, and 31, with Kyle Pitts to the Patriots at 15.
Pitts is gonna be a star, not sure if BB can get past his lack of blocking however

Pitts is one of the best TE prospects I can remember

I can live with Pitts. BPA. If Parsons drops to 10-11 would you trade up a little? Especially, if Hightower retirees

I can live with Pitts. BPA. If Parsons drops to 10-11 would you trade up a little? Especially, if Hightower retirees
Probably, although I'd like to have as many picks as possible

Pitts is gonna be a star, not sure if BB can get past his lack of blocking however

hasn’t Pitts missed several games due to a history of concussions? Scary stuff!

after beating the chargers, we now have the 16th pick in the first round.

while I think Chase and waddle are off the board by 16, smith of Alabama might still be there for us. Maybe bb could trade down a hit and grab wr Marshall of LSU in the early 20’s. Depending on how he runs, I like him in our system.

if bb goes defense, kwity paye of Michigan or weaver of Pittsburgh are two guys that could tempt bb.

hasn’t Pitts missed several games due to a history of concussions? Scary stuff!

after beating the chargers, we now have the 16th pick in the first round.

while I think Chase and waddle are off the board by 16, smith of Alabama might still be there for us. Maybe bb could trade down a hit and grab wr Marshall of LSU in the early 20’s. Depending on how he runs, I like him in our system.

if bb goes defense, kwity paye of Michigan or weaver of Pittsburgh are two guys that could tempt bb.

Yea I agree with you here. I think at this point with the pats picking in the middle of the first I think it would be fine to take a shot on pitts, smith, or paye. We played our way pretty much out of the mix of picking early enough to take a qb by at least we’ll be able to surround whoever is starting next year with some weapons to throw to.

Quite a few sites are still promoting Waddle/Smith/Pitts , I am not finding many sites with QB's or DL's

• 16.​

New_England_Patriots_logo.svg.png

New England Patriots
    Kyle Pitts
    TE, Florida
  • 48.​

New England Patriots
    Mac Jones
    QB, Alabama
  • 96.​

New England Patriots
    Seth Williams
    WR, Auburn
  • 117.​

New England Patriots
    Alim McNeill
    IDL, NC State
  • 134.​

New England Patriots
    Ronnie Perkins
    EDGE, Oklahoma

• 140.​

New England Patriots
    Jeremy Ruckert
    TE, Ohio State
  • 156.​

New England Patriots
    Tyler Vrabel
    OT, Boston College
  • 179.​

New England Patriots
    Tommy Kraemer
    IOL, Notre Dame
  • 183.​

New England Patriots
    Joshua Ross
    LB, Michigan
  • 237.​

New England Patriots
    Leon O'Neal Jr.
    S, Texas A&M

• 16.​

New England Patriots
    Kyle Pitts
    TE, Florida
  • 48.​

New England Patriots
    Mac Jones
    QB, Alabama
  • 96.​

New England Patriots
    Seth Williams
    WR, Auburn
  • 117.​

New England Patriots
    Alim McNeill
    IDL, NC State
  • 134.​

New England Patriots
    Ronnie Perkins
    EDGE, Oklahoma

• 140.​

New England Patriots
    Jeremy Ruckert
    TE, Ohio State
  • 156.​

New England Patriots
    Tyler Vrabel
    OT, Boston College
  • 179.​

New England Patriots
    Tommy Kraemer
    IOL, Notre Dame
  • 183.​

New England Patriots
    Joshua Ross
    LB, Michigan
  • 237.​

New England Patriots
    Leon O'Neal Jr.
    S, Texas A&M
Well that would certainly overhaul the O

Not a huge Jones guy, but I could see BB liking him

Didn't know Vrabel's son was eligible, haven't followed him since HS

Kramer is going to be a solid NFLer

I like Pitts a lot. He’s a matchup nightmare. But I can’t see Belichick drafting a TE in the 1st round, after drafting 2 of them in the 3rd round this year. If we could get Devonta Smith in the 1st round, I’d prefer him over Pitts. And obviously I lean towards QB with our first round pick.

Also, my binkie for the 2021 draft, QB Zach Wilson, might have slipped a little in the draft after BYU’s loss to Coastal Carolina. Might be in the Pats wheelhouse when they draft.

• 16.​

New England Patriots
    Kyle Pitts
    TE, Florida
  • 48.​

New England Patriots
    Mac Jones
    QB, Alabama
  • 96.​

New England Patriots
    Seth Williams
    WR, Auburn
  • 117.​

New England Patriots
    Alim McNeill
    IDL, NC State
  • 134.​

New England Patriots
    Ronnie Perkins
    EDGE, Oklahoma

• 140.​

New England Patriots
    Jeremy Ruckert
    TE, Ohio State
  • 156.​

New England Patriots
    Tyler Vrabel
    OT, Boston College
  • 179.​

New England Patriots
    Tommy Kraemer
    IOL, Notre Dame
  • 183.​

New England Patriots
    Joshua Ross
    LB, Michigan
  • 237.​

New England Patriots
    Leon O'Neal Jr.
    S, Texas A&M
This is a really good mock, Williams is a duplicate of Harry, but the others make perfect sense.

I like Pitts a lot. He’s a matchup nightmare. But I can’t see Belichick drafting a TE in the 1st round, after drafting 2 of them in the 3rd round this year. If we could get Devonta Smith in the 1st round, I’d prefer him over Pitts. And obviously I lean towards QB with our first round pick.

Also, my binkie for the 2021 draft, QB Zach Wilson, might have slipped a little in the draft after BYU’s loss to Coastal Carolina. Might be in the Pats wheelhouse when they draft.
I'm all in on Smith. I might be ok with Jones at 48.

• 16.​

New England Patriots
    Kyle Pitts
    TE, Florida
  • 48.​

New England Patriots
    Mac Jones
    QB, Alabama
  • 96.​

New England Patriots
    Seth Williams
    WR, Auburn
  • 117.​

New England Patriots
    Alim McNeill
    IDL, NC State
  • 134.​

New England Patriots
    Ronnie Perkins
    EDGE, Oklahoma

• 140.​

New England Patriots
    Jeremy Ruckert
    TE, Ohio State
  • 156.​

New England Patriots
    Tyler Vrabel
    OT, Boston College
  • 179.​

New England Patriots
    Tommy Kraemer
    IOL, Notre Dame
  • 183.​

New England Patriots
    Joshua Ross
    LB, Michigan
  • 237.​

New England Patriots
    Leon O'Neal Jr.
    S, Texas A&M
I am not really sold on the first 3 picks. Before we use a 1 for a TE i want to see what Keene and Asiasi have got. I like Pitts but we have way more needs like qb dt lb wr. Would prefer a vet TE here. If we don't get a qb in the first i would be ok with Jones in the second. Williams no thanks no way don't like him at all. The next picks are nice. McNeil is a good value there and fills in big need for us. Vrabel and Kraemer as O-Line Backups regarding our FA's there is nice, can save some money here.
My wish for the first would be a qb or top WR like others above mentioned Smith, Marshall etc. I don't really expect them to be there when we pick cause the defense players this year don't look that great behind parsons, rousseau, paye, surtain..

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back