PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 HoF Nominees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pape

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
The List is out of the 2021 HoF Nominees ... Peyton Manning leads 130 modern-era nominees for Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2021

First Time Nominees ... a couple familiar faces in the list...

First-Year Eligibles
Quarterback – Peyton Manning
Wide Receivers – Calvin Johnson, Wes Welker, Roddy White
Tight End –Heath Miller
Running BackSteven Jackson
Offensive Linemen – D'Brickashaw Ferguson (T), Logan Mankins (G)
Defensive Backs – Charles Tillman (CB), Charles Woodson (CB/S)
Defensive Linemen – Jared Allen (DE), Justin Tuck (DE), Kevin Williams (DT)
Linebacker Jerod Mayo

Additional Nominees
QuarterbackDrew Bledsoe, Randall Cunningham, Jake Delhomme, Jeff Garcia, Dave Krieg, Donovan McNabb, Steve McNair

Running Backs – Shaun Alexander, Mike Alstott (FB), Tiki Barber, Earnest Byner, Larry Centers, Corey Dillon, Warrick Dunn, Eddie George, Priest Holmes, Jamal Lewis, Eric Metcalf (also WR/KR/PR), Glyn Milburn (also WR/KR/PR), Lorenzo Neal (FB), Fred Taylor, Herschel Walker (also KR), Ricky Watters

Wide Receivers – Donald Driver, Henry Ellard (also PR), Torry Holt, Chad Johnson, Derrick Mason, Muhsin Muhammad, Jimmy Smith, Rod Smith, Hines Ward, Reggie Wayne

Tight Ends – Dallas Clark, Ben Coates, Keith Jackson, Brent Jones, Jeremy Shockey, Wesley Walls

Offensive Linemen – Willie Anderson (T), Matt Birk (C), Tony Boselli (T), Lomas Brown (T), Ruben Brown (G), Alan Faneca (G), Kevin Glover (C/G), Jordan Gross (T), Kent Hull (C), Olin Kreutz (C), Tom Nalen (C), Chris Samuels (T), Jeff Saturday (C), Chris Snee (G), Brian Waters (G), Richmond Webb (T), Erik Williams (T), Steve Wisniewski (G)

Defensive Linemen – John Abraham (DE also LB), Ray Childress (DT/DE), Casey Hampton (DT/NT), La'Roi Glover (DT/NT), Leslie O'Neal (DE), Michael Dean Perry (DT/DE), Simeon Rice (DE), *Richard Seymour (DT), Justin Smith (DE), Neil Smith (DE), Greg Townsend (DE/LB/DT/NT), Adrian Wilson (DE), Bryant Young (DT)

Linebackers – Cornelius Bennett, Lance Briggs, Tedy Bruschi, London Fletcher, Seth Joyner, Clay Matthews, Willie McGinest (also DE), Joey Porter, Sam Mills, Chris Spielman, Takeo Spikes, Pat Swilling (also DE), Darryl Talley, Zach Thomas, Patrick Willis

Defensive Backs – Eric Allen (CB), Ronde Barber (CB/S), LeRoy Butler (S), Nick Collins (S), Rodney Harrison (S), Merton Hanks (S), James Hasty (DB), Albert Lewis (CB), John Lynch (S), Tim McDonald (S), Allen Rossum (DB), Asante Samuel (DB), Bob Sanders (S), Troy Vincent (CB), Darren Woodson (S)

Punters/Kickers - David Akers (K), Gary Anderson (K), Jason Elam (K), Jeff Feagles (P), Jason Hanson (K), John Kasay (K), Sean Landeta (P), Ryan Longwell (K), Nick Lowery (K), Reggie Roby (P), Rohn Stark (P), Matt Turk (P)

Special Teams –Josh Cribbs (KR/PR also WR), Mel Gray (PR/KR also WR), Brian Mitchell (KR/PR also RB), Steve Tasker (ST also WR)

Paymeaton Manning will be first ballot... Woodson should be as well...

Patriots in Blue

who's deserving of enshrinement from that list?

from the new nominees? not much beyond those two?

not sure D'Brick is there, Mankins had the rep, but not sure he quite had the career

we could make the Welker case, but......

not much else imho

If welker spent the rest of his career in NE he'd have a strong case...

Would like to see ben coates, Rodney and the big Sey get a knock from carl david baker...willie mac & Bru too but I don't think they will ever get in...

Lock this year: Fivehead, Woodson
Good shot this year: Seymour. Was in top 10 last year so I think he goes.
Probably eventually but not this year: Taylor, Dillon, McGinest, Coates
Never: Welker, Mayo, Samuel, Bruschi, Bledsoe, Harrison, Mankins, Steven Jackson

I think Harrison has a PED bust problem and that keeps him out. Would love to see Drew get in but I can't see an argument for it.

Player A:

Reg Season: 192 games 13,362 yards, 3.9 YPC, 91 TD
Playoffs: 14 games, 674 yards, 3.4 YPC, 9 TD

Player B:

Reg Season: 150 games, 11,241 yards, 4.3 YPC, 82 TD
Playoffs: 8 games, 508 yards, 4.2 YPC, 4 TD
I'm sorry but there's no way Bettis should have made the HOF. He played on way better teams for most of his career while Dillon put up better numbers per the average number of games and carries and still almost put up the same volume numbers. But the media like the fraud. Let's not forget his fumble against Indy that almost gave that game away. My favorite Lawyer Milloy memory is him mimicking the bus's move after destroying him for no gain. Bettis got up to whine and Lawyer got in his face.

Of the eligible former Pats, I would vote for Ben Winter Coates, Tedy time for a Bruschi, Willie Mac & Rodney.

Of the eligible former Pats, I would vote for Ben Winter Coates, Tedy time for a Bruschi, Willie Mac & Rodney.

For the non-Patriots ... Mike Alstott ... Really respected his game

Manning and Woodson are locks.

Megatron belongs in the HOF. For a short period he was a dominant a WR as we've ever seen. I bet they make him wait a couple of years.

Of the remaining first years, I think Jared Allen will eventually get in - 12th all time in sacks, 3rd all time in tackles for loss, 22nd all time in forced fumbles, 4 time all pro - but the committee seems to make pass rushers wait unless they are generational talents. Other than that, Mankins could be a dark horse, eventually, once the HOF realized it needs more Patriots, but there are more deserving OL waiting in line.

P Manning and Tillman are first ballot locks.

My predictions, based on the assumption that they'll elect 5 players and one "contributor."

• I agree that Manning and Woodson are locks.

• I think Seymour has a great chance, as a finalist last year, I think there will be some sentiment that a team that won championships in 3 of 4 years "should" have a good representation in the HOF. I think he is certainly as deserving as, say, Cortez Kennedy, and more than Warren Crapp ever was.

• I think Reggie Wayne has a great chance also, again a finalist last year, high profile guy, the Colts seem to have a following among the HOF voters.

• One of either Faneca or Zach Thomas.

• One of either Tom Flores or Don Coryell as contributors. Flores I think is the only Super Bowl era coach with two championships who isn't in, and given the "environment" this year his being one of the first Latino head coaches and the first Latino or African-American coach to win a Super Bowl may help his case. His W-L record isn't stellar. Coryell has a great W-L record but zero championships, but I think he's got a chance.

It wouldn't surprise me if Kraft was elected; I would dread listening to that speech but I think he is deserving.

Speaking of the HoF, I thought it was a touching moment at halftime last night when they told Joe Buck he was going. They video tribute where they talked a bit about his dad was very nice.

<queue the "Joe Buck sucks" retorts>

My predictions, based on the assumption that they'll elect 5 players and one "contributor."

• I think Reggie Wayne has a great chance also, again a finalist last year, high profile guy, the Colts seem to have a following among the HOF voters.

It wouldn't surprise me if Kraft was elected; I would dread listening to that speech but I think he is deserving.

if Reggie Wayne gets in this year, he will be riding on the coat tails of the Manning selection

RKK is deserving ... think they might let him sit a years or two more ... just adds more time between his eventual enshrinement and his little escapades in south florida

I think he's deserving but I don't see him getting in. He has a PED bust on his resume.
ya know, the Fivehead was taking the very same drug, HGH, to help his recovery from neck surgery ... he just had it sent to his house under his wifes name... wonder if thats going to get brought up in the discussion of his merits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots