PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 Dolphins vs Patriots pre game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres not many things that start with "Rh" and most are either bad-Rheumatism, Rhodesia(apartheid country) or highly questionable - Rhode Island( now I'm in for it lol). Rhododendron is all I got. I mean doesnt Stevenson kinda tiptoe through the tulips?
Meh... I'm going the other way. ;)

1630781969231.gif

Just checked Las Vegas Insider and 7 out of 8 sports books still have Pats at -2 1/2. The under has fallen as much as 2 points from of a opening of 45 1/2. I would expect a 24-7 win as the Pats get 3 interceptions and 5 sacks as Kyle Van Noy has a monster game.

Theres not many things that start with "Rh" and most are either bad-Rheumatism, Rhodesia(apartheid country) or highly questionable - Rhode Island( now I'm in for it lol). Rhododendron is all I got. I mean doesnt Stevenson kinda tiptoe through the tulips?
Rhodium.

“Rhodium is a chemical element with the symbol Rh and atomic number 45. It is an extraordinarily rare, silvery-white, hard, corrosion-resistant, and chemically inert transition metal. It is a noble metal and a member of the platinum group. It has only one naturally occurring isotope, 103Rh. Naturally occurring rhodium is usually found as a free metal, as an alloy with similar metals, and rarely as a chemical compound in minerals such as bowieite and rhodplumsite. It is one of the rarest and most valuable precious metals.“

current price is about $15,000 per ounce. So at Stephenson’s weight of 227 pounds that would value him at just under $55 million. Seems reasonable if he lives up to what he’s shown…

Hopefully we don't get any Covid issues. Cowboys just lost their starting guard Zack Martin to Covid for Thursdays game.

Hopefully we don't get any Covid issues. Cowboys just lost their starting guard Zack Martin to the league's policy on Covid for Thursdays game.
Fixed it for you. Not saying it's right or wrong. Just that... it is.

I feel the exact opposite. I think the Pats O has a chance to be top 10 depending on health. The defense I am afraid will revert to bend don't break without Gilmore.
I think players are improving and we have drafted well on defense. Prime Gilmore from 2019 would be very helpful, 2020 one I don't think moves the needle much. That spot is definitely a weakness but I love our DL and as a whole think we are well set up to not allow many points. I would take your scenario as well because if we have a top 10 offense with Mac it means he is the best rookie QB and like Russell Wilson good 2012.

Rhodium.

“Rhodium is a chemical element with the symbol Rh and atomic number 45. It is an extraordinarily rare, silvery-white, hard, corrosion-resistant, and chemically inert transition metal. It is a noble metal and a member of the platinum group. It has only one naturally occurring isotope, 103Rh. Naturally occurring rhodium is usually found as a free metal, as an alloy with similar metals, and rarely as a chemical compound in minerals such as bowieite and rhodplumsite. It is one of the rarest and most valuable precious metals.“

current price is about $15,000 per ounce. So at Stephenson’s weight of 227 pounds that would value him at just under $55 million. Seems reasonable if he lives up to what he’s shown…
Did you hear the news about the chemistry teacher who tried to teach physics ?....he failed and was sacked because he was out of his element :rolleyes:

Brady debut as starter vs Colts: 13/23 168 yards 79 rating

Mac over or under for his debut? :)

Brady debut as starter vs Colts: 13/23 168 yards 79 rating

Mac over or under for his debut? :)
Over, easy; unless MIA still can’t stop the run.

Over, easy; unless MIA still can’t stop the run.
I think rating will be over but yards could be under if they run it a lot and they might imo.

So is Mac Jones even the better Alabama QB?? Didn't Tua beat him out for the starting job back in the day?? Phins should be big favorites in the game. Phins by at least a TD. Jones plays well but an NFL caliber defense is too much for the rookie in his first start.

Also can the Pats secondary handle any set of wide receivers without Gilmore? They have been competing against the Pats pi$$ poor roster all summer. Now they need to go against real NFL talent. This is a bad matchup.

They were both freshman in 2017. Tua won the starting job during the season. Mac redshirted that year.

Here’s what they both looked like at that time.
E26F80D1-CF61-4C39-9D43-682559958A45.jpeg
9513AF3B-A7FA-4A99-80E8-0A71B11885DE.jpeg

Mac wasn’t physically ready when he got to Alabama.

Last edited:
Just checked Las Vegas Insider and 7 out of 8 sports books still have Pats at -2 1/2. The under has fallen as much as 2 points from of a opening of 45 1/2. I would expect a 24-7 win as the Pats get 3 interceptions and 5 sacks as Kyle Van Noy has a monster game.
Honestly, this is exactly the kind of game where I would love to lay down a -9.5 on the Pats for the right odds. I can see this being a 2 score win easily for them. Sadly not many would take that bet as they don't like people massively buying points with swings like that as they need to pay them 4 or 5 times as much if they hit.

My fear is that the first plays the Pats run will be a familiar script:
1st down, JJ into the middle of the line
2nd down, run off tackle
3rd down, quick play action pass.

the results being equally predictable:
2 yard gain
3 yard gain
incomplete pass (broken up)

I hope the results are better even if the play calls aren’t. I’m just not expecting it because I expect Flores to have his guys well prepared for that script.

That’s because Tua is a southpaw, though, and the ball comes out differently. The spiral is completely different.
This and Tua was already a top 5 pick. No need to hype up a millionaire when Mac was the next in line. Most don't think of or like this but Teammates in college > teammates making millions. That's all 99.9% of these guys care about. CTC = Cut The Check.

Rhubarb, Colossus of Rhodes/Rhodes scholar, Jhoon Rhee (god I feel old), Rh factor, Rhovanion (;) @FrodoBagginz) and then there's...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey