2021 Defense Talk

Run Downs

5T: Wise
1T: Allen/Davis/Draft Pick
3T: Godchaux/Anderson
OLB: Judon
LB: Hightower
LB: Bentley/Free Agent/Draft Pick

was going to setup another thread on this. but I really want Gilmore past 21. What would an extension look like and do we think hes on a steep decline. Obviously what plays out with Jackson on the tender has a big bearing there.

There's still some competition to be added to a lot of groups on defense, but getting Hightower back and adding Judon gives them two more players in the front 7 that can really play in any situation. They were sorely lacking on those kinds of guys last year. If Winovich can take a step forward in his run defense, he could be a lite version of that too.

Excerpt from Kyed: (Would love to add Guy)

The Patriots could use another defensive lineman (perhaps a return from free-agent defensive tackle Lawrence Guy or Danny Shelton?). They also have two questions at cornerback: Will Stephon Gilmore be traded and will JC Jackson, who was tagged with a second-round tender, stick around as a restricted free agent?

Otherwise, the Patriots’ defense is loaded and deep with the additions of Judon, Mills, Godchaux and Anderson and re-additions of Van Noy, Hightower and Chung.

What talk? We kicking *** and taking names in 2021, baby!

LFG!!!!

We’re so spoiled when we don’t even mention Adrian Phillips and Jalen mills in our Defence. These guys are so versatile can play so many roles in our defence. Phillips specifically is criminally underrated tackle monster can’t wait to see how BB uses mills Duggar and Phillips

Not excited about Wise and Bentley. Wanting to replace both. Hope Hall and Berry improve enough to replace them.

Not excited about Wise and Bentley. Wanting to replace both. Hope Hall and Berry improve enough to replace them.
We’re so spoiled when we don’t even mention Adrian Phillips and Jalen mills in our Defence. These guys are so versatile can play so many roles in our defence. Phillips specifically is criminally underrated tackle monster can’t wait to see how BB uses mills Duggar and Phillips
and Chung

If gilmore and ht have not lost too much a step, looks better on paper than the 2019 d

Run Downs

5T: Wise
1T: Allen/Davis/Draft Pick
3T: Godchaux/Anderson
OLB: Judon
LB: Hightower
LB: Bentley/Free Agent/Draft Pick
I want an extra DT still as you mention. If we don’t take QB, I’d want DT at 15. Maybe even bring Guy back too. Why not? Godchaux and Anderson aren’t exactly sure things.

I want an extra DT still as you mention. If we don’t take QB, I’d want DT at 15. Maybe even bring Guy back too. Why not? Godchaux and Anderson aren’t exactly sure things.
This! the front seven was made of cheese last year and we need more help on the DL.

Brady will be on his *** when we play the bucs lol...

I imagine DT will slide in the draft as teams reach for QBs and skill positions. Also want to see a LB drafted. Still too many needs

With Judon, Hightower, KVN, Winkovic, Jennings, Usche, Bentley, Simon i'd be surprised if we drafted a LB. DT definitely. To be honest DT, OL QB. Sort or replace Rex and white and we are set IMO

The Defense has been significantly improved, on paper anyways, the Pats can focus on the Offense during the draft. They have pretty good draft capital and might be able to move down a few spots and pick up Trey Lance (not that probable) or a Mac Jones.

I like all the moves that BB has made on Defense..

Pretty darn good base for this defense. Now keep a few pieces (Extend Gilmore/possibly re-sign Guy), draft a MLB with a little more versatility than Bentley and were looking good. If Gilmore is not an option, CB becomes a pretty big need in the draft imo.

Pretty darn good base for this defense. Now keep a few pieces (Extend Gilmore/possibly re-sign Guy), draft a MLB with a little more versatility than Bentley and were looking good. If Gilmore is not an option, CB becomes a pretty big need in the draft imo.
If we draft for the future (as we do), CB is very likely. Jackson is an RFA, and Gilmore may or may not play this year. Neither is signed for next year.

That being said, we are likely to use our 1st and 2nd on a quarterback.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
Back