PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 Conference Championship weekend

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Er-4mBwXcAEM1Kl

Bucs need to stick with the run. You can run the football on the packers. Set up play-action. Problem with the Bucs is that their offense has been inconsistent.

Glad the Bucs game is early. Tough waiting till the end of the weekend to watch Tom play. Not sure if the Bucs have another big defensive game. Offense will need to outscore Green Bay.

Sticking with my "Best QB" formula + defense.

AFC

Bills vs Chiefs.

Mahomes is playing. They are claiming that he took a slight blow to the back of the helmet and had the wind knocked out of him. You saw exactly what I saw and that out of wind tale is a bald face lie. Mahomes got up with 2 guys holding him and thought he was in Cleveland. Nevertheless, Goodell will rubber stamp all the paperwork for Mahomes to play because he doesnt want his new favorite team to lose with Henne.

The Chiefs can hold, commit pass inference, hit Mayfield in the head and launch helmet to helmet with nary a flag. Player safety is of the utmost importance though.

I have seen nothing from the Bills to believe that they are the better team. We likely wont be seeing Mahomes playing RB for a while, but KC has too many weapons on offense. Kelce and Hill are open every other play for big yards. Indy and Rivers moved the ball vs Buffalo rather easily. Not impressed with the Bills defense and the Chiefs defense does enough holding to win.

KC wins.

NFC

Buccaneers vs Packers

Rodgers is playing better, but Brady is better. Ive been on the "Youre not a real Pats fan" Brady 7th ring bandwagon from day 1 in the Tompa thread. I cant get off now. This game has the potential of being better than the Super Bowl. Brady is going to have to play the game of his career and I believe that he will. The opportunity to play at home in Tampa for his 7th World title awaits only 60 minutes away. Brady was brought to Tampa to win a Championship ( I learned that from Troy Aikman yesterday) and the man delivers. It would be a story book ending if Brady walked away the next day.

In 2020, every time that Brady had a so-so game, he came back the next game with a ****er.

# 2 Carolina 217 yds - 1 TD - 1 INT
# 3 @ Denver 297 yds - 3 TD - 0 INT

# 6 Green Bay 166 yds - 2 TD - 0 INT
# 7 Las Vegas 369 yds - 4 TD - 0 INT

# 9 New Orleans 209 yds - 0 TD - 3 INT
# 10 Carolina 341 yds - 3 TD - 0 INT

# 11 LA Rams 216 yds - 2 TD - 2 INT
# 12 Kansas City 345 yds - 3 TD - 2 INT

# 14 Minnesota 196 yds - 2 TD - 0 INT
# 15 Atlanta 390 yds - 2 TD - 0 INT

Which brings us to the defense. The Tampa defense is very underrated. Quite a few Tampa defensive players are flying under the radar and rank very high in respective categories like tackles. Tampa boasts the best defense remaining in the playoffs.

The # 1 run defense.
The # 8 NFL defense
The # 8 scoring defense
The # 6 in drive success ending in a score.

The Packers are # 16 in drives leading to points.

A huge reason why Packers beat the Rams is because they established the run. Green Bay had a great day running the ball. But, we all know what happens when you can stop the run and force a team to be 1 dimensional. The Packers wont fold because they obviously pass the ball extremely well. Its going to a great game. This time the Packers arent playing vs a QB with a busted thumb. Brady is going to checkmate you.

The Buccaneers win.

Last edited:
I really wanted the Saints to win last night. I picked them mid-season to be in the NFCCG, and I would have loved to see Brees walk out as a champ. Right now, I have to root for the Bills and Packers. I just don't want the Chiefs to repeat, and I certainly don't want Brady to win another SB anywhere else. That doesn't make me a hater, it just makes me want his time with the Pats to be unique and historical. If the Bucs lose in GB, this year or two in TB will be a blip for Brady's career (while he pads his stats to be the greatest ever). But if he wins one, all the debates for the next 30 years will be horrible, and ultimately shine a negative light on the Pats dynasty. He's shown he is the GOAT this year, but I'd rather see Rogers win a 2nd, or the Bills shock the world than to see Brady or Mahomes win another right now. And I definitely don't want Brady to lose a 4th SB by getting there and losing to the Chiefs.

I really wanted the Saints to win last night. I picked them mid-season to be in the NFCCG, and I would have loved to see Brees walk out as a champ. Right now, I have to root for the Bills and Packers. I just don't want the Chiefs to repeat, and I certainly don't want Brady to win another SB anywhere else. That doesn't make me a hater, it just makes me want his time with the Pats to be unique and historical. If the Bucs lose in GB, this year or two in TB will be a blip for Brady's career (while he pads his stats to be the greatest ever). But if he wins one, all the debates for the next 30 years will be horrible, and ultimately shine a negative light on the Pats dynasty. He's shown he is the GOAT this year, but I'd rather see Rogers win a 2nd, or the Bills shock the world than to see Brady or Mahomes win another right now. And I definitely don't want Brady to lose a 4th SB by getting there and losing to the Chiefs.
:rofl::rofl:

I really wanted the Saints to win last night. I certainly don't want Brady to win another SB anywhere else. That doesn't make me a hater. but I'd rather see Rogers win a 2nd than to see Brady win another right now.
You're rooting for Double Dork over Brady?

Yea, you're a hater.

Im 9 out of 10 no spread.

I missed on Seattle.
Did you welch on that bet when Seattle lost? Of course you did.

Let me guess, Rams cheated by sacking Wilson 5 times and pick-6ing him.

Did you welch on that bet when Seattle lost? Of course you did.

Let me guess, Rams cheated by sacking Wilson 5 times and pick-6ing him.
You would know all about cheating.

Curious to see how the weather is in Green Bay this weekend....Don't want to see KC in the SB again..also curios to see how Mahomes concussion protocol goes.

Curious to see how the weather is in Green Bay this weekend....Don't want to see KC in the SB again..also curios to see how Mahomes concussion protocol goes.
Wonder what the time frame has been for players placed on the protocol on a Sunday, to be cleared from the protocol in 2020. Not sure 7 days is enough time with all the steps they have to go through. He was clearly rocked and lost awareness.

Last edited:
lol no way the nfl will keep mahomes out. they'll make sure he plays
Sure but he shouldn't be allowed to practice if they're going to maintain any semblance of credibility in their protocols.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back