Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by reamer, Jan 15, 2019.
Omenihu and Isabella looking good.
Omenihu is an unbelievable player in the run game, holds people off one handed.
Isabella could be a mismatch nightmare for defences. He’s rapidly Quick, solid hands, RR could be improved. Definitely an interesting guy
Whenever I watched Grier, Jennings stood out positively. Nice ball skills there!
And just after that the nice route and grab for a TD. Good look for him.
After watching this game. . . .
At 180 pounds, Renfrow is going to spend a lot of time on the dl. Nfl defenders hit hard, this is not the acc, there are no wake forest defenses for him to run through unimpeded. he is not built for durability at the nfl level.
Isabella had a great game...I still like Penny better than him. (I'm a homer)
Really have been impressed by McLaurin and Doss all week plus from their game tapes, and would prefer them before either Isabella/Hart because of their all around game.
I also like Deebo. But I think where he's going in the draft, I would rather have a DL, TE or DE.
The QBs weren't really good, though I thought Lock had the best pass that was dropped in the end zone by McLaurin...I would think about him if he dropped into the 2nd round which I doubt.
Not a lot of the QBs done themselves any good... The only QB I liked was Finley if I’m being honest, seemed the most comfortable within the pro style, I know he’s ran it a lot but still looked the best QB.
Penny Hart for me was slightly disappointing thought they would try and get him into the game more.
Andy Isabella is one hell of a player. He’s almost like Tyreek Hill - I don’t think he’s as quick as Hill but he could have all those attributes you want in a guy.
He looks clean, and when he has that ball in his hands he’s electric. He looks comfortable working in the slot as well considering he rarely done it at umass.
Omenhiu i have fallen in love with. So thanks to @reamer and @BaconGrundleCandy He reminds me a bit of chandler jones with his arm length. I’d be surprised if we don’t take him depending on how the draft falls.
Saunders is another guy I’d like to see here. He’s powerful, quick, and rushes the passer very well from the inside. Saunders and Butler could be our pass rushing DTS for the future. Both have the size to be effective in the run game too.
Monteaz sweat is a top 20 pick in my opinion. He’s a lot better in the run game Than I expected he’s a 3 down guy.
Not sure what others think of guys that stood out
a few notes from the game
- this is really quite depressing QB class and i pity the needy. it was hardly a game the way they couldn't get anything going, couldn't even protect the ball. Lauletta from last yr would look like from another planet here.. It will be interesting to see who if any can emerge in the NFL from this bunch. I hope for and expect a big punt on this QB class by BB unless they think they need competition for backup. I like Grier's competitiveness and off field but his technical shortcomings could prove too much..
- good to see that what mocks consider 2nd class of WRs holds variety of interesting prospects that actually look better to me than current mock stars. Apart from the bunch closely followed here (Deebo, A.Johnson, Renfrow, Isabella, Sills) and the stars of training reports (Hart, McLaurin), Doss, Jennings and Brady could be considered as well. Doss had a monster showing and im curious to see how it affects his “stock“. Glad to see the position of need shaping into a nice, versatile, deep mid round hunting ground for PTPs.. and if NE wouldn't have White id have Pollard pretty high on my list..
- I do hope for at least one OL pick.
1. Id be very surprised if Pats manage to keep T.Brown.
2. Rarely strong and deep OL class with years of FA drought.
3. Dante closing his 2nd retirement
- Lindstrom, Risner, Edoga, Bradbury looked vey good again, also Samia, Powers, Benzschawel, Deiter etc, Dilliard, McGary, McCoy in practices..
- Im adding Keke to my watchlist (although Pats do have Butler), D.Russel bounced back nicely, showed much promise as sophomore 2 yrs ago.. Gaines showed again some ma/mon-ster run stopping moves . surprised Buggs didn't show up..
- Z.Allen showed some struggles with anchor/balance again, but the guy just never stops playing. Nelson didn't play much but looked very good again and is becoming one of my favourite DE options outside 1st round. Adding Cominsky to my watchlist (if any tape available..
- J.Johnson had a very good game, Adderley came to play, Moreland, Lonnie, Ya Sin had nice moments as well
- The one guy Id have no hesitations to draft (if i had no Develin) is Ingold. Id use him everywhere - offense, defence, special teams - and to handle some off the field business as well..
Post-Senior Bowl Grades from Draft Analysts
The Draft Analysts Podcast, Episode 34: Reviewing & Grading the Offense | Draft Analyst
The Draft Analysts Podcast, Episode 35: Reviewing & Grading the Defense | Draft Analyst
Did like Doss a lot
Looking at some of the draft grades they had on players just doesn't look right to me.
Separate names with a comma.