PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2019 post-season games (UPDATE: Senior Bowl week)

interesting matchup

Redwine was on my watchlist here . but this was not pretty

Last edited:
@long distance

A few thoughts: don't get too caught up in 1v1s. Everyone loses reps here and there. Watch for tendencies and repeat mistakes, sure, but keep in mind that the coaches may have asked to see a particular technique -- there are many reasons for poor reps. I'll never forget how I overreacted to seeing Sherman roasted deep in the Senior Bowl practices, but he was still learning the position. He's been the best vertical corner in the league for nearly a decade, but I wrote him off after an awful rep.

Redwine was asked to play more man coverage than he's used to, but he's still a solid safety. I like his game. Raymond got open there, but I still don't like his film. :p

Allen thrives as a strong presence throughout the game. He may not look as good in this situation, and people will call him a tweener with limited upside, but he's a perfect fit here as far as I'm concerned.

Deiter played every position on the oline in college. He lacks a bit of an anchor, and he never got to refine his craft at a single position, but I don't care that he lost a bunch of 1v1s. Scar + the conditioning staff could turn him into another Thuney. I'm more concerned about technique and coachability than particular reports.

Best thing to do is watch the practice videos instead of believing someone's summary. I roll my eyes reading so many contradictory reports. I enjoy seeing traits that translate, but I try to remember that it's just one more piece of the puzzle.

@long distance

A few thoughts: don't get too caught up in 1v1s. Everyone loses reps here and there. Watch for tendencies and repeat mistakes, sure, but keep in mind that the coaches may have asked to see a particular technique -- there are many reasons for poor reps. I'll never forget how I overreacted to seeing Sherman roasted deep in the Senior Bowl practices, but he was still learning the position. He's been the best vertical corner in the league for nearly a decade, but I wrote him off after an awful rep.

Redwine was asked to play more man coverage than he's used to, but he's still a solid safety. I like his game. Raymond got open there, but I still don't like his film. :p

Allen thrives as a strong presence throughout the game. He may not look as good in this situation, and people will call him a tweener with limited upside, but he's a perfect fit here as far as I'm concerned.

Deiter played every position on the oline in college. He lacks a bit of an anchor, and he never got to refine his craft at a single position, but I don't care that he lost a bunch of 1v1s. Scar + the conditioning staff could turn him into another Thuney. I'm more concerned about technique and coachability than particular reports.

Best thing to do is watch the practice videos instead of believing someone's summary. I roll my eyes reading so many contradictory reports. I enjoy seeing traits that translate, but I try to remember that it's just one more piece of the puzzle.

Great take. I actually give very little thought on 1v1's in these events outside both lines.
Incl. WRs. WRs have to beat D, not man, even if its man cov. We've seen a nice example the other night..;)

Agreed about Redwine and Z.Allen.. Posted bc those are some reservations on Allen many have and since he is as PTP as it gets

Sweat making some money. He's been applying pressure and shutting down the run.

I love Mike Edwards. One of my favorite safeties in the entire draft. Great job completely smothering Hart on that wheel route.

That's a great throw from Lock

The kickers don't look good this game. I wonder if there's a bad wind or something. Doesn't look like the flags are moving much on the uprights.

Wish McLaurin couldn't have hung on to the TD pass. He needs to pull that in if he wants to
improve his stock. He's fast and has some real potential if his hands improve.

LT for the North looks comfortable

Deebo Samuel got held and grabbed on that route. That's about the only way they've been able to slow him down this week.

Isabella is quick... could be an interesting guy for us.

Hunter Renfrow seems a patriot guy.

Penny Hart... they gotta get him the ball

Sloppy football all around. I hope the second half shows improvement!

There’s not been one single QB I have liked so far... I’m hoping the 2nd half changes. Been quite disappointing so far

Pollard would be a nice change of pace guy. Not sure if he checks out as WR or RB

Isabella had his man beat there in the slot.

#90 Texas DL - can’t spell his name.

That’s a patriot type play there

Andy Isabella in space is ridiculous...

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back