PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2019 Patriots Free Agency

Not a big Harmon fan. Chung and McCourty getting long in the tooth. Think Chung is great. Never been convinced of Macs value at least for what he was paid.

In order to run a pattern matching cover 3 defense, you have to have great safeties.

And if you look back, bb has tried to always have that.

Jordan Reed, if he was going to be cut would you be interested in sending a pick over to Washington to get him?
I know he has red flags with his injuries...

Jordan Reed, if he was going to be cut would you be interested in sending a pick over to Washington to get him?

I would pass on him.

Never say never, but making a move for him would have to cost us no more than a very late-round 2020 pick or swap of picks, and even then would only happen post-draft, after other, more viable options had come and gone...and of course, he would have to pass our physical exam which I ass-ume includes some form of neurological testing.

Never say never, but making a move for him would have to cost us no more than a very late-round 2020 pick or swap of picks, and even then would only happen post-draft, after other, more viable options had come and gone...and of course, he would have to pass our physical exam which I ass-ume includes some form of neurological testing.

That’s what I was thinking the most I’d give up is a 5th in exchange for a 7th plus reed or something like that

Years ago pittsburgh drafted a kid from Ohio state and left him to waste on the bench.

That kid was vrabel.

Now fast forward and Pittsburgh has another draft pick, about the same size, wasting on the bench.

His name is chickillo. He is a free agent I think.

Will bb fleece Pittsburgh yet again?

Years ago pittsburgh drafted a kid from Ohio state and left him to waste on the bench.

That kid was vrabel.

Now fast forward and Pittsburgh has another draft pick, about the same size, wasting on the bench.

His name is chickillo. He is a free agent I think.

Will bb fleece Pittsburgh yet again?
I'd be for it...Have a feeling Matty P and Chickillo's college coach AL Golden beat BB to the punch however

I'm sure Chickillo will have a productive career as a whole

As a rule the Patriots fill out the roster in free agency with a series of unspectacular signings that leaves a "player "at every position. Sometimes the "players" are washed up, pathetic, low grade options but in theory the season could start and they would have 53 people available.

The draft is then used to create competition and raise the overall depth.

Flowers is the key, if he can be resigned the rest of the pieces fall in pretty easily. Without him it will be a bit of a fire drill with a bunch of scrubs across the defensive line and WR, at least until the draft comes along.

My mantra for Patriots free agency is "Prepare to be underwhelmed"... lets see how it goes...

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back