Votes: 8 9.5%
  • K

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • TE (Gronk Replacement)

Votes: 26 31.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a no brainer....we have to start on the D-line. I'd take one, if not take two d-lineman early in the draft. We also have to make sure we resign Flowers. I'd start there and then go to the other needs that we have.

You have to do Defense early and often you need D line and linebackers then you need to hit receivers in the middle rounds.
Thats all predicated on Brady staying.
We almost had Eric Ebron as a second tight end now he's balling in the probowl crazy.
But I'm on record for D tackle.
You have to either Sign Flowers and build around him but problem is he isnt amazing he's just really good.
You can't pay really good as elite or it will bite you.
On the other hand thinking about the D line without Flowers is scary.
Drafting Michel in the first continues to be a head scratcher.
We could of gotten so many mid round backs that were good enough.
Unless Michel wins us playoff games it was a bad pick.
This wasnt Gordon Ezekiel Elliot Christian McCaffery Gurley this was a reach I didn't think we would make.
We would be in so much better future shape if that pick was used for DEFENSE or Calvin Ridley.

Patriots need a DT as priority number 1. Then they need a TE, a safety, another OT, WR, and a QB.

So, that is 6 positions of need and the Patriots have 6 draft picks in the first 3 rounds. This can be done, especially with FA. But, DT is priority number 1, really they need two DTs.

Here we go...:rolleyes:

BTW, I just fixed it for you...
What does “here we go” mean?
Judging success by actual results instead of childish innacurate criticism gets an eye roll?

Tell me who, EVER, has done better.

#1 Trade down for and #2 #3 #5

Deep draft for TE/DT/S/LB/C
-----------------------------------
#2 TE
#2 DT
#2 WR
#3 S
#3 LB
#3 WR
#3 DT
#4 TE

You have to do Defense early and often you need D line and linebackers then you need to hit receivers in the middle rounds.
We almost had Eric Ebron as a second tight end now he's balling in the probowl crazy.
You have to either Sign Flowers and build around him but problem is he isnt amazing he's just really good.
This wasnt Gordon Ezekiel Elliot Christian McCaffery Gurley this was a reach I didn't think we would make.
We would be in so much better future shape if that pick was used for DEFENSE or Calvin Ridley.

It is not Michel IMO.
It is Easley, Brown, #1 that we lost.
3 first rounders that we missed.

What does “here we go” mean?
Judging success by actual results instead of childish innacurate criticism gets an eye roll?

Tell me who, EVER, has done better.

The actual results are mainly because of Brady. Year in and year out he’s the one keeping this team at or near the top in spite of BB the GM.

Michel was not a bad first round pick. Wynn I can understand but BB could have moved up a few slots to select Derwin James or LVE.

The actual results are mainly because of Brady. Year in and year out he’s the one keeping this team at or near the top in spite of BB the GM.
That is wrong, and completely ignorant.
Brady cannot carry a bad team to being the best ever.

Michel was not a bad first round pick. Wynn I can understand but BB could have moved up a few slots to select Derwin James or LVE.

Maybe, but imo Wynn was drafted as the future LT of this team. The one of the 3 picks i would question is Dawson over Reid/Anthony miller as j jones was adequate in that role and our recent track record of finding later steals at cb.

That is wrong, and completely ignorant.
Brady cannot carry a bad team to being the best ever.

Brady can’t carry a team? Um, ok....

Brady resurrected Bill’s career after his failed stint in Cleveland. Bill can thank Brady for his HOF jacket.

Last edited:
They’ll need to do that through FA or a trade. Aside from the fact that the pick will need to contribute immediately, the team has missed often over the years there.

In the draft, they need to go DL. DT first and maybe DE second. They need two DTs though.

Robby Anderson and Taylor Gabriel were undrafted.

Tyrek Hill 5th
Kevin Lockett 3rd
Keenan Allen 3rd
Stefon Diggs 5th

Alvin Kamara 3rd
Jordon Howard 5th They call him "Tank" and the Pats need a bruiser like him.
Tarik Cohen 4th

The players are there to draft. I watch these other teams and ask myself where do they get these guys and why cant the Pats find them. The Chargers, Bears, Saints and Dorsey Chiefs have done a great job mining talent and it shows.

Are we pretending that talent at the top of the 1st round is no different than at the bottom of the 1st?

We will have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. Plenty of ammo to reenergise the team. Front 7 and TE/WR the priorities, as well as trying to find a QB.

The good news is you can normally find WR/TE contributors in the 2nd/3rd round. Focus on a front 7 difference maker in the 1st round.

I believe its time to trade future picks for extra picks in this draft.

I believe its time to trade future picks for extra picks in this draft.

We lost our 3rd and 5th rounders thanks to Shelton and Gordon...

Brady can’t carry a team? Um, ok....
You know that’s not what I said.

Brady resurrected Bill’s career after his failed stint in Cleveland. Bill can thank Brady for his HOF jacket.
And brady can thank Belichick for his.
If you seriously think that Belichick has not done the greatest coach/gm job in nfl history here, then you are just someone not worth discussing the sport with.

Robby Anderson and Taylor Gabriel were undrafted.

Tyrek Hill 5th
Kevin Lockett 3rd
Keenan Allen 3rd
Stefon Diggs 5th

Alvin Kamara 3rd
Jordon Howard 5th They call him "Tank" and the Pats need a bruiser like him.
Tarik Cohen 4th

The players are there to draft. I watch these other teams and ask myself where do they get these guys and why cant the Pats find them. The Chargers, Bears, Saints and Dorsey Chiefs have done a great job mining talent and it shows.
Yes the chargers bears saints and chiefs have had so much more success than the patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes