PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2019 College football season thread

With all the local football interest due to the Patriots success why can't a New England college become a national powerhouse?
BC seems forever stuck on 7 win seasons.
UConn HC Randy Edsall still has a job after 14 years despite a career 78-90 record.
UMass has not won 5 games in a year since going independent in 2014.
Will it ever change?

With all the local football interest due to the Patriots success why can't a New England college become a national powerhouse?
UConn HC Randy Edsall still has a job after 14 years despite a career 78-90 record.
Will it ever change?

No. Not enough talent in the area. Also not committed enough.

maybe after the patriots start sucking again sometime in the future

1) Despite winning, I expect Florida to drop a bit when the next poll comes out - and deservedly so. I know there's no new poll until after week 1 (with yesterday being "week zero") but that just was not a top-10 team out there yesterday.

2) Helluva game in Hawaii. Lot of turnovers, but also a lot of offense. I think the Warriors are going to contend for a conference championship this year. Granted, it's just a "group of 5" conference, but the Mountain West is certainly respectable.
They’ll drop but I’m not sure you can say with any certainty that they’re not a top ten team. Both teams looked sloppy because they don’t tackle in spring practice. That showed in spades last night. We won’t know who Florida is until November 3rd. I do think that we can say with confidence that they’re not a CFP (top four) team. Not with Franks behind center. That last INT showed me a quarterback that still panics when the defense even so much as breathes on him.

Will it ever change?
You don’t have the talent up there that the southeast and states like Texas and California do. It’s as simple as that.

Will it ever change?
Edsall did a nice job of building UConn up before he left for Maryland.

Lots of warriors at Mass. colleges and universities...the social justice type.
Grid iron warriors.... not so much.
Toughness has been breeded out of youths in the suburban northeast (and Stanford QBs)

Lots of warriors at Mass. colleges and universities...the social justice type.
Grid iron warriors.... not so much.
Toughness has been breeded out of youths in the suburban northeast (and Stanford QBs)

The northeast in general is not well-known for producing football players.

Clemson v Georgia Tech tonight at 8pm. Tech is always tough with that triple option.

Plus Texas A&M v Texas State (isn't that the made up team from that movie with 100 year old Scott Bakula as a college QB?) Anyways, A&M is only a 33 point favorite if anyone wants to put money on the Armadillos, ehh I mean Bobcats.

Clemson v Georgia Tech tonight at 8pm. Tech is always tough with that triple option.

Plus Texas A&M v Texas State (isn't that the made up team from that movie with 100 year old Scott Bakula as a college QB?) Anyways, A&M is only a 33 point favorite if anyone wants to put money on the Armadillos, ehh I mean Bobcats.
Tech needs to abandon the triple option. It’s badly dated. I think them vs. Clemson will be the better game but both games should be well in hand by the third quarter.

Bonehead play (INT on GL) but Ridder (my Son) was on fire at one point. Hits big post here.

Keep an eye on Deguara

On of the best rr in college. Big fan for a few years now. Very polished cat.

Ive seen this b4

Last edited:
South Dakota state is ripping Minnesota on first downs. They are going to win this game

I bet Minnesota spread but SDSU should have won this game, but turnovers. A pick 6 and a fumble which led to a 16 yard Td drive doomed SDSU. They looked like the better team for much of the night. But you gotta protect the football

That UCLA game was ugly. Not what their fans and alumni wanted to see at the beginning of year two of the Chip Kelly era.

Hank Bachmeier looks like a seasoned veteran when he’s had time to throw today. Hopefully what I’m seeing out of Boise State’s OL is not indicative of how they will look throughout the year or they will ruin him.

Very high on Robinson & he just showed why w that cut wow & score. Think he might be the best of that bunch. Really like him.

LOL @ Duke running triple option.

JJ is too much my goodness. His fluidity & balance is unreal.

S Diggs bro makes an INT

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back