PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Training Camp Thread - Day 9 (8/4/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like he wants to tough it out. Pointless endeavor if he has pain while doing conditioning on the lower field. At best he will end up on IR. Might even just straight retire.. what's the point if you can't even get through conditioning.
No chance he is part of this organization next month. No way

Id guess Britt is in there somewhere as well..

Seems like he wants to tough it out. Pointless endeavor if he has pain while doing conditioning on the lower field. At best he will end up on IR. Might even just straight retire.. what's the point if you can't even get through conditioning.
He just had some type of treatment he's likely trying to see how it responds. If it improves maybe he still has a chance but wearing the pads for the conditioning work comes off as someone who might think his days in pads are numbered.

He just had some type of treatment he's likely trying to see how it responds. If it improves maybe he still has a chance but wearing the pads for the conditioning work comes off as someone who might think his days in pads are numbered.

Maybe but I don't see how as a coach who has to manage a limited amount of roster spots you can rely and use a spot on someone like him. At this point the best case scenario is him going to IR and maybe finding out what's wrong to have a real shot in 2019 with a clean, pain free offseason. And that's a long shot.

No Michel is getting a tad concerning.

IDK. I'm concerned for him that his injury might not be minor. If it is minor, I'd rather the Pats be overcautious in managing it, especially at this relatively early stage of Camp. Maybe that slows his development a bit, but that's okay by me. Better that than a redshirt rookie season that might be avoided.

Unlike many others, I'm really not expecting him to take the "lead back" role immediately beginning in week-1 of the regular season, and I don't think the team really needs him to. I think he's more of a long term investment, though I'll be a little disappointed if he's not making some big noise, at least occasionally, by the second half of the season.

Maybe but I don't see how as a coach who has to manage a limited amount of roster spots you can rely and use a spot on someone like him. At this point the best case scenario is him going to IR and maybe finding out what's wrong to have a real shot in 2019 with a clean, pain free offseason. And that's a long shot.

Why jumping the gun, luuked? Id guess by now these coaches know what they are doing. They didn't wait a moment with Matthews. And if its true they were shopping him Im sure they thought he can come back this season. Bill doesn't play games trading - he is most respected for that as you know

Britt and Slater came back to the field the same way . first came with pads, next day ind. drills (ST for Slater), then slowly back to the machine.. Im not saying itll be the same w MM, Im not saying his chronic injuries bode well for his NFL future, but the kid obviously wants to try to the last and BB thinks it makes sense to give him some more time..

Huh?

If you can’t see how a coach would waste a roster spot on a guy in the condition youbthuj he is in, wouldn’t the fact that he is still here lead you to consider you are wrong about the condition you think he is in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back