PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Training Camp Thread - Day 9 (8/4/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like he wants to tough it out. Pointless endeavor if he has pain while doing conditioning on the lower field. At best he will end up on IR. Might even just straight retire.. what's the point if you can't even get through conditioning.
I feel for the guy. Young and incredibly talented with a bright NFL career ahead of him. Tough to just turn away from that without giving it your all.

If you can’t see how a coach would waste a roster spot on a guy in the condition youbthuj he is in, wouldn’t the fact that he is still here lead you to consider you are wrong about the condition you think he is in?

Jesus stop with the stupidity Andy.

There is a difference between the size of the off-season roster and the regular roster. But keep disagreeing with anyone who can see the writing on the wall only to move the goalposts when he is not on the 53 and you will get called out for your contrarian ********.

I feel for the guy. Young and incredibly talented with a bright NFL career ahead of him. Tough to just turn away from that without giving it your all.

Oh I feel bad for him as well. But my point is that a "mystery" knee issue is not something you can just tough out. The only way he will ever return to football is if they finally find out what's wrong and are able to fix it or at least alleviate it substantially. And none of this seems likely in the shortterm.

add a handsome contract for Decker and the beats can have their day full..

I am glad sony michel’s ok but the guy has a history with injuries. I hope it doesn’t become contagious with him.

IDK. I'm concerned for him that his injury might not be minor. If it is minor, I'd rather the Pats be overcautious in managing it, especially at this relatively early stage of Camp. Maybe that slows his development a bit, but that's okay by me. Better that than a redshirt rookie season that might be avoided.

Unlike many others, I'm really not expecting him to take the "lead back" role immediately beginning in week-1 of the regular season, and I don't think the team really needs him to. I think he's more of a long term investment, though I'll be a little disappointed if he's not making some big noise, at least occasionally, by the second half of the season.
No way BB will let Michel be a lead back at least at the beginning of the season. I know he is a first round shot but his injury ( we do not how serious it is ), fumbling issues and moderate BB's attitude towards rookies seem to think Sony will be improving himself as a player this season. I have great expectations of this kid but I doubt we are so desperate to use him immediately.

Decker moving in quickly after signing 2M contract..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back