PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Training Camp Thread - Day 8 {The GOAT turns 41 Today!} (8/3/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no reason if he continues to have a good camp that he can't beat out Jordan Richards.

It's really Travis, Pleasant, Richards and possibly even Grigsby competing for the 4th safety/special-teamer spot.

It's really Travis, Pleasant, Richards and possibly even Grigsby competing for the 4th safety/special-teamer spot.
I don't have an opinion on Travis haven't really noticed him. Pleasant on the other hand had me looking him up a few times nothing special just saw something small that made me go who is that guy? Then I'd look and it was Pleasant 3 or 4 times and you start to think maybe this kid is ok.
Grigsby is a decent STs LBer who maybe can work into a role with the D but there are other backers I like better.

Happy bday, Tom!

I don't have an opinion on Travis haven't really noticed him. Pleasant on the other hand had me looking him up a few times nothing special just saw something small that made me go who is that guy? Then I'd look and it was Pleasant 3 or 4 times and you start to think maybe this kid is ok.
Grigsby is a decent STs LBer who maybe can work into a role with the D but there are other backers I like better.

Of the four, Pleasant has the most extensive resume (78 games + 5 playoff games in the past 5 seasons with HOU), and is also the oldest, turning 30 in December. In addition to his ST work, he's put up 116 TT, 2.5sk, 17 PD, 3 INT and 1 FF in those 5 seasons, averaging about 230 ST snaps and 230 D-snaps per season

Richards is a distant second with 3 years experience (41 games + 5 post-season).

Grigsby, who's built like a SS/LB hybrid and had some college experience in the "star" role at Pitt, has appeared in 11 games in his 2 seasons, with a total of about 200 ST snaps and the 14 D-snaps he got with the Pats in wk-17 last season.

Travis, of course, has only 2 seasons of OTA & Camp, and a season on the Psquad.

GOAT recognizes GOAT

mqdys9ljkxd11.jpg

Some ST info for bottom of the roster adjustments..;)

The front line of the first group to run punt return reps included from left to right King, Marquis Flowers, Richards, Grissom, Nicholas Grigsby and Brandon Bolden. JC Jackson and Rowe worked on the outside. Chung, McCarron, Rex Burkhead and Berrios took turns on returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back