PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Training Camp Thread - Day 14* (8/14/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Conley kc
We had Interest in him before the draft is tall long and fast great personality great kid kind of a nerd.
Sure hands hasn't reached full potential in KC.
He is a player I liked during the draft and one I've semi followed have 3 friends that are KC fans.
I'd give up as high as a 4th for him.
I feel very highly about him.
Another player is one I thought we should of went after Brice Butler.

Except that is pretty much exactly what must have happened between Curran/Perry and BB at some point otherwise he would have not thrown it out there. Anyway it does literally not matter at all. Moving on.
Or he just threw it out there.
Why in the world would Belichick do that, and in what world do you think those guys have personal access to him?
Perry likely heard someone rumor it and he believed them.

Hes incredibly unhealthy. I remember in "DYJ" they showed him at his desk with like 8 empty cans of Monster and Red Bull and a bag of Lays.

He must be 160/110 and cholesterol of 339.

That is a profession that I would never, EVER care to get into. 16-18 hour work days, 7 days a week, only a couple of months off per year. I'd bet a lot of them eat like that simply because they can't put the time aside to eat healthy. Couple that with the stresses of the job and it's a stroke/widow maker heart attack waiting to happen.

I’m hoping the staff has their answers after this game tonight. If we make a move I’m hoping its sooner rather than later just because this offense is tough to pick up and the wr would essentially have 1/2 a camp to pick it up before the season starts.

Best post in the thread my thinking exactly gotta make the move if guys are still crapping the bed so to speak. Wouldn't want to carry a Riley McCarron by default on the 53 if you can carry him on the PS again that is if he's still ineffective.

That is a profession that I would never, EVER care to get into. 16-18 hour work days, 7 days a week, only a couple of months off per year. I'd bet a lot of them eat like that simply because they can't put the time aside to eat healthy. Couple that with the stresses of the job and it's a stroke/widow maker heart attack waiting to happen.

Romeo Crennel is another one his waist size was an estimate give or take. Glad Rex Ryan trimmed down. That said I agree with your assessment about the profession.

I am remember Gary Kubiak did he walkaway or retire?? I think he had heart problems.

And I gave you a link to Perry saying that was never said. I will go with an extremely reputable source over a player who tries to put himself into the news cycle but suit yourself.

Fingers crossed for him to suddenly being able to play WR. But if nobody in his previous teams was able to teach it to him them chances are low that O'Shea and Josh will be able to. It is not like route running or fighting press coverage are skills that we have some voodoo on. The practice for those fundamentals is pretty much everywhere the same across the league.

He is what he is by now and thats fine enough. There are enough ways to creatively use him that dont require the above-mentioned skills. And if he can give us something in the receiving game then even better.

Three points.

1. Patterson has personal knowledge of the conversation - he was part of it. Perry doesn't have personal knowledge of the conversation and we don't know who his source is. Even if someone said that to Perry, one can think up reasons why they'd be lying, like not disrespecting other coaches in the league.

2. I know nothing about coaching WRs but I know a tiny, tiny bit about coaching OLs. There are coaching differences. Some OL coaches in the NFL are better than others - see Dante v. Dave D. for an extreme example. That might be true here too.

3. Maybe CP didn't make the effort before an he is now. It happens. We'll see. I'd like to be optimistic until proven wrong.

When he’s used properly (I.E., not playing in the box), Devin is one of the more effective safeties in the NFL. There’s no mystery that the ****shows we saw on defense against the pass from 2010 until early 2012 suddenly began to clear up when he moved to safety.

DMac was an excellent zone-read corner as a rookie in 2010. His best attributes were his athleticism (especially CoD), ball skills, but more than anything, his ability to read route patterns and his own defense from off-coverage.

When the Pats implemented significantly more man & press-man in 2011, DMac was pretty much lost, since he'd never played it before. He had to learn a whole new set of reads and techniques from scratch. He appeared to be starting to get comfortable with his role in man just before Sterling More crunched DMac's shoulder, putting him out for the last two games in November.

In 2012, DMac began transitioning to deep safety - which was a brilliant move since it optimized his best attributes, especially his ability to read from an off-man position.

Reactions: PP2
I think people are sleeping on Hogan he was on pace for 10 tds over 60 catches and over 800 yds before he got hurt. Then had a really good post season when he came back.

DMac was an excellent zone-read corner as a rookie in 2010. His best attributes were his athleticism (especially CoD), ball skills, but more than anything, his ability to read route patterns and his own defense from off-coverage.

When the Pats implemented significantly more man & press-man in 2011, DMac was pretty much lost, since he'd never played it before. He had to learn a whole new set of reads and techniques from scratch. He appeared to be starting to get comfortable with his role in man just before Sterling More crunched DMac's shoulder, putting him out for the last two games in November.

In 2012, DMac began transitioning to deep safety - which was a brilliant move since it optimized his best attributes, especially his ability to read from an off-man position.
Its interesting how the coaching staff screwed with DMC and Chung and thus making them look bad but eventually got them in a role that played to their strengths.

I think people are sleeping on Hogan he was on pace for 10 tds over 60 catches and over 800 yds before he got hurt. Then had a really good post season when he came back.

He had a good super bowl game against that atrocious defense but he did struggle against the jaguars corners who are very good in man coverage. Titans not much there. I think he’s a good number 3 wide receiver.

Its interesting how the coaching staff screwed with DMC and Chung and thus making them look bad but eventually got them in a role that played to their strengths.

Fans who've been paying attention understand this, but we still hear how "McCourty sucked so bad at corner that he had to switch to safety."

He's probably played more man coverage the past couple seasons (and played it well) than he has since 2011.

I was thinking about that and it's pretty easy for healthy food to be delivered to them without them having to even get up from their chairs.

So why doesn't this happen? I'm thinking it could maybe be that they never thought of it, and so don't have any such system set up for the coordinators and assistant coaches.

Consuming that much caffeine is dangerous- puts him at risk for atrial fibrillation or even a heart attack.

I would argue that Cannon is a top end RT...when he's on the field. Which, unfortunately, is increasingly seldom.

Yeah. I left several guys off who have (I think) above average talent but haven't done it for long enough to trust it. On my list, I was least confident about including Patrick Chung. We know he's superior as a slot corner/#3 safety, but put him outside and he's lost.

If the body is sleep deprived it will mess with hormones and the body will store fat at a greatly accelerated. With that schedule one would need to go on a diet just to maintain one's weight.

Can we pry golden Tate away? In the last year of his deal, would the lions clear space to get golladay more involved in the offense?

Would the Pats pay his $7m 2018 salary?

If Fat Matt is gonna cut him....

His agent is Todd France. Same agent as Eric Decker.

1 year 7 mil. He’s been productive to this point. If the price is right compensation wise and if they feel uncertainty at the wr position I’d do it.

Tate has been VERY productive. The Detroit press and fans say he is an elite route-runner.

Only BB, Caserio and Josh know how desperate they really are. I suspect they'll want to see the WR competition play out and see what Britt can finally do before pulling the trigger on Tate.

Providing Tate's knee is ok I suspect he'd do well here.
Tate quite easily should've been a Patriot all along, at the very least from 2010-2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back