PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

That plays right into the Bs favor.

Toronto gives them "fits" because of their speed.

Blue Jackets tried to out physical them and fell apart because they couldn't sustain it.

Canes tried to play that game and got run out of the series.

Chara is realistically their 3rd DMan now; behind McAvoy and Carlo. Yes I would rather him out there than John Moore but lets not pretend this is 2011 Chara.

This whole "due" business is hilarious. The Blues are due because they haven't won a Cup? You serious Clark? Are Al Arbour and Phil Goyette lacing them up?

If the Blues were to win the Cup, which they certainly can, it will have 0.0 to do with "being due". It will have everything to do with out playing their opponent.

What's next, the Lions are due for a Super Bowl? Or the O's are due for a WS?

The Lions or Os arent playing for the cup.

Blues are and they are due.

Regardless if you agree on the officiating or not (Eagles deserved the win btw) that's not really the point. They won because they made more plays, not because of some "horseshit" notion that they were "due". Gtfo with that horseshit.

The Eagles made more plays and Foles played out of his mind.

Bad calls dont make or break a game. Even the Saints/Rams game everybody is crying about the PI when the Saints missed other opportunities. The Pats missed chances and the Raiders missed theirs.

Sometimes the other team wants it more. STL has nothing to lose.

The Blues are a very serious threat.

Bad calls dont make or break a game. Even the Saints/Rams game everybody is crying about the PI when the Saints missed other opportunities. The Pats missed chances and the Raiders missed theirs.

Who wants it more remains to be seen.

The Lions or Os arent playing for the cup.

Blues are and they are due.

So you honestly believe because a franchise hasn't won it all, yet they are here now with players who weren't even born for another decade when the franchise last made it, they are due? Franchises have destiny's, not players?

I guess I could see the point if the current group had been knocking on the door the last couple of seasons, and this was their big breakthrough to it; but the Blues were literally the worst team in hockey on January 3rd.

I am not saying the Blues have no shot; they clearly do. However, I am buoyed by of all things, Rask's performance over the last 2 months and the top end line talent the Bs have. Further, the last time Rask had a ten day layoff (mid January this year) the Bs won at least a point in something like 19 straight games, with Rask in net for 12 of them (went 15-0-4 coming out of the January "bye").

Last edited:
Regardless if you agree on the officiating or not (Eagles deserved the win btw) that's not really the point. They won because they made more plays, not because of some "horseshit" notion that they were "due". Gtfo with that horseshit.

If you think "due" doesn't matter, you've never watched a game that involved officials in your entire life, because "due" calls happen all the time.

If you think "due" doesn't matter, you've never watched a game that involved officials in your entire life, because "due" calls happen all the time.

While I agree, I don't believe that is the "due" Triumph is referring to.

Make up calls happen all the time; especially in hockey.

But some sorta "franchise of destiny therefore they're due" is simply beyond the scope of that. The Blues are due because the franchise hasn't won ever and hasn't been in this position since 1970. If that were true, there would be a lot more "due" teams that win. There's a reason why Cinderella stories are in fact stories....and why Cinderellas don't win all that often.

At this point the only 'due' Triumph is working is anyone that's easily triggered by a child like concept of the cosmos being fair is due for more chain yanking

Last edited:

Make up calls happen all the time; especially in hockey.

But some sorta "franchise of destiny therefore they're due" is simply beyond the scope of that. The Blues are due because the franchise hasn't won ever and hasn't been in this position since 1970. If that were true, there would be a lot more "due" teams that win. There's a reason why Cinderella stories are in fact stories....and why Cinderellas don't win all that often.

My point was about "due" in general, as opposed to "due" for a specific team. The Blues aren't really "due", because they haven't often been competitive and fallen just short, but have largely just not been a particular factor. They're like the Jets that way. A team like the Bills were "due" during their 4 year run at the SB, but they didn't get over the hump in that instance. On the other hand, Elway was also "due", given the number of appearances he had, and he managed to win. Elway won, because he was "due" and playing when the NFC finally fell back towards being less dominant over the AFC after a run of almost 20 years. Buffalo lost, because it was "due" when the NFC was still kicking the tar out of the AFC.

So, sure, "due" is about talent. But it's also about timing and the odds, and the calls, and injuries/sickness, and more. Or, to put it another way:

If the Bruins hadn't won the cup just a few years ago, we'd all be talking about how they were "due" to have a year where they didn't have to face an Islanders or Oilers dynasty, or an uber talented team like the Lightning, on their quest for the cup.

But, in the end, "due", as applied in sports, is such a vague term that we can probably all sit back secure in the knowledge/belief that we had a valid point. So, looking back at it, I probably shouldn't have responded to One-Be-low, and he has my apology for being so absolutist in my response to him.

Last edited:
At this point the only 'due' Triumph is working is anyone that's easily triggered by a child like concept of the cosmos being fair is due for more chain yanking

It’s much simpler from my seat, he’s rooting for the only professional hockey team in a three hundred mile radius of where he lives.

Which is completely fine...just an odd thing to hide behind.

So you honestly believe because a franchise hasn't won it all, yet they are here now with players who weren't even born for another decade when the franchise last made it, they are due? Franchises have destiny's, not players?

I guess I could see the point if the current group had been knocking on the door the last couple of seasons, and this was their big breakthrough to it; but the Blues were literally the worst team in hockey on January 3rd.

I am not saying the Blues have no shot; they clearly do. However, I am buoyed by of all things, Rask's performance over the last 2 months and the top end line talent the Bs have. Further, the last time Rask had a ten day layoff (mid January this year) the Bs won at least a point in something like 19 straight games, with Rask in net for 12 of them (went 15-0-4 coming out of the January "bye").

The Eagles never made it. The Saints never made it. The Red Sox didnt make it since Baby Ruth. For the franchise, for the city, for the fans.

The Blues are due to win the Stanley Trophy.

Just when you think you have sports all figured out the unexpected happens. Seen it too many times.

Thank you for the reaction.

You were due.

The Eagles never made it. The Saints never made it. The Red Sox didnt make it since Baby Ruth. For the franchise, for the city, for the fans.

The Blues are due to win the Stanley Trophy.

Just when you think you have sports all figured out the unexpected happens. Seen it too many times.

Never made it? Or never won it?

The Eagles were in the ‘81 SB against the Raiders I believe.

Again I’m not saying the Blues can’t or won’t win.

But this idea that the universe will throw em a bone is beyond strange

It’s much simpler from my seat, he’s rooting for the only professional hockey team in a three hundred mile radius of where he lives.

Which is completely fine...just an odd thing to hide behind.

Any perceived slight of a Boston team and its the old hes a Fake Fan.

If you cant figure out where my allegiance is from previous posting in this thread, then youll never understand.

Never made it? Or never won it?

The Eagles were in the ‘81 SB against the Raiders I believe.

Again I’m not saying the Blues can’t or won’t win.

But this idea that the universe will throw em a bone is beyond strange

Made - won the cup.

Any perceived slight of a Boston team and its the old hes a Fake Fan.

If you cant figure out where my allegiance is from previous posting in this thread, then youll never understand.

Fake fan? What are you even talking about?

People move and allegiances can change. That doesn't make anyone a fake fan. I just know you live out that way so connecting the two dots isn't exactly a stretch.

If we're being honest, you switching out cup and trophy every third post reeks more "fake fan" than if you happened to start rooting for the local guys....

i.e. the Pats haven't won any cups and hockey players don't get their name on the Stanley Trophy.

Mumbles Menino moment? :D

So when a team is due, and they don't win, do they become super duper due, or perhaps super saiyan due where they get special powers to win it all? Asking for a friend.

If we would’ve won a cup because we were due it would’ve happened in the 90s with guys like Gretzky, Hull, Shannan and CuJo. Just a shame that those 90s Red Wings couldn’t have cared less about our Stanley Cup drought.

Last edited:

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back