PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

Yeah. The overarching issue is that constant motion leagues need to make pretty much everything reviewable, even if you limit the occasions to goal/non-goal/play stoppage situations. But 4 officials missing a hand pass, when the puck is right there in play, is inexcusable.
Correcting some bad calls is no more “fair” than correcting none. It just changes who gets screwed. The problem is you cannot correct them all.

Correcting some bad calls is no more “fair” than correcting none. It just changes who gets screwed. The problem is you cannot correct them all.

From my post above:

The overarching issue is that constant motion leagues need to make pretty much everything reviewable, even if you limit the occasions to goal/non-goal/play stoppage situations.

If you don't see why you might want to limit review to stoppage situations of constant motion games, and why that would, in fact, be absolutely "fair", there's nothing further to discuss, because our take on "fair" differs radically. I think it's insane to think that you should be allowing for replay after long stretches of play have already happened, and I don't consider that to be "fair", at all.

Nothing changes hockey games more than crappy penalty calls/non-calls - and most of them will never be affected by review.

The Patriots didn't deserve to win, though, because after they'd made the play that would have won them the game had the refs not screwed up, and after the game had changed as a result, they lost. /TBR

The Pats screwed that up when they passed on 3rd and 2 and then called their last TO. That combination left more than 2 minutes on the clock and no way to review the pass to Faulk, which as @Joker mentioned looked to be enough of a gain.

t minus 1 hour 20 minutes to puck drop.

Last edited:
1: "I don't like reviews in sports"
2: "If they review, they should get it right."

These statements are not contradictory.
Where did I say they were?

I am so amp'd for this game. I'll be checking the score on my phone during my 8th graders chorus concert. Hope to be home by the 2nd period.

Mrs. RW is not happy. Shes ready to decapitate the principal and the band teacher.

A normally elegant, classy, graceful, compassionate, highly- intelligent woman morphs into a glass-banging, potty-mouthed, blood-thirsty hockey savant during Bruins playoff season.

The Pats screwed that up when they passed on 3rd and 2 and then called their last TO. That combination left more than 2 minutes on the clock and no way to review the pass to Faulk, which as @Joker mentioned looked to be enough of a gain.
Bingo.

That 3rd/2+ pass attempt to The Receiver was an Abomination, in both design and execution.
The ball was nearly pick-sixed; and in retrospect it might've been better for us if it had been.
The situation screamed for a run-call, or better still a draw from shotgun to Faulk.

I am so amp'd for this game. I'll be checking the score on my phone during my 8th graders chorus concert. Hope to be home by the 2nd period.

Mrs. RW is not happy. Shes ready to decapitate the principal and the band teacher.

A normally elegant, classy, graceful, compassionate, highly- intelligent woman morphs into a glass-banging, potty-mouthed, blood-thirsty hockey savant during Bruins playoff season.

Married well above yourself I see

I understand that more than words can express. My own redheaded slice of heaven bleeds Black n Gold. Her Mother's Day gift was spending it at Game 2 releasing her inner rabid Mama bear puckhead.

t minus 23 minutes and counting to puck drop. moore replacing Chara in the lineup. they have played without key players all season long. they should be fine.

This one's a Big step down, and not just regarding height either. Moore can be absolutely clueless out there, especially during transition.

Now we know.

Did he take a shot off his foot that sent him to the bench?

Married well above yourself I see

Not to get to into the "Life of RobertWeathers" but soph year in college my perception of her was this prissy, diva, annoying, high-maintenance, *****. I wanted no part of that. Had a finals project for a class we were both in. Names out of a hat-type thing. She was the leader and was being really pushy about finishing at a certain time. We were skipping steps, 1/2 ass work and the dork in my me was fretting about the grade (she was eventually Summa Cum Laude so GPA was clearly that was not an issue with her).

I was like WTF.

Her response:

"I'm not missing Bruins/Canadians for this ******** class".

I'll let you speculate what my next move was.:p

That hand pass non call is basically the NHL equivalent of the Rams saints non call, except the blues still have a chance whereas the saints went home (although I'm in the group that agrees the saints did plenty to lose that game aside from the bad non call)

Both are really unacceptable when it comes down to it.

Not to be negative but - the Isles swept the Pens, the Canes swept the Isles .... if we sweep the Canes, not sure I like the pattern.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back