PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Training Camp - Day 3 (7/29/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never any doubt in my mind Gill can provide plenty. One important aspect not talked about much is that he is also excellent pass protector by all accounts. That might be the biggest difference vs Blount - and one of the main reasons they let LGB go - since he unfortunately never really got comfortable and always struggled at PP.

(at the time i couldn't understand why is that so hard for him to grasp . such an important part of lead back . but then I saw many big back prospects of this draft struggling there as well. Freeman wants big money but his PP in SBLI showed its not all about speed, fancy cuts or even TDs)
___

EDIT: And why you wouldn't place at least 2nd round tender on a guy like this that was productive for you . knowing that you need a serious back up having injury-prone big-risk style of playing guy at #1RB - even for a Buffalo - that's beyond me..

Oh man Freeman needs work. Forget about the actual physicality of the act. He'll give away the play with head movement and his body language/stance. He practically told 54 that in the SB.

This is a great compilation. Hogan shook the sh*t out of Butler in the first clip. It still surprises me how well Gronk moves for a guy his size. He just shouldn't be that fast, but he is. Incredible. I can't think of three players in the league who are as elusive as Jules and he has that Barry Sanders-like stop on a dime thing going on. And Cooks is behind the defense often. He may not have the height of a Randy Moss, but he looks every bit as dangerous and a threat to take the top off the defense. The speed and acceleration is just not fair.

All that you say is absolutely spot on and doesn't even get to DA, Hogan and Mitchell, all solid playoff and SB receivers. Talk about unfair. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes