PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 NFL Training Camp Cuts, Signings & Trades

Uhhh…the Pats play Tampa this season, in Tampa.

Could've been worse, but it could've been a lot, lot better too.

Problem is they see the Pats so that human psychopath gets another shot at Gronks knees.

Holy crap I forgot. I'm going to be cringing even more than usual then that week.

Okay Andy Johnson. If you don't think Osweiler paired with that defense isn't an issue...then guess you don't know much about football or Denver.

Osweiler is a deer in the headlights. He got his chance and the spotlight was far too big for him. Denver is ****ing around if they sign Osweiler. They had this big QB competition and announced Lynch as the man. Now they bring in a former starting QB to mess with his head. This is the kind of crap that Wade Phillips did. Osweiler is the new Rob Johnson.

Last edited:
Being more talented and physically gifted does not make one a better WR.

If that was true Chad Jackson would be an all pro

Tom Brady called Michael Bishop "one of the best athletes I've ever seen." Geez. Just think how things might have turned out had Brady gone to the CFL and Bishop started in New England.

Well in terms of personally groupings and who is in the field in 3 wr sets they surely do.

Groupings is one thing against certain defensive packages. I think the WR3 or WR4 thing is meaningless. It's more about the down-and-distance situation and the progression the QB goes through after the snap - the defense determines that in most cases depending on how many they drop into coverage and whether its a hybrid zone, zone, or man-to-man. In some sets and situations, Develin could be the WR1.

My god you guessed right a couple of times. You must be a genius.
And btw the many people thought the raiders were improved and the cardinals stepping back last year.
Hey, I predicted the sun would come up today. Do I get any points?

And Os is horrible. Denver went 5-2 in spite of him, not because of him because of their D and some stupid play by their opponents. He was benched for a reason.

Linebacker Akeem Ayers and defensive tackle T.Y. McGill were two of the mildly surprising cuts. Ayers had shown himself to be a good depth player, but the team opted to go with just four outside linebackers, squeezing Ayers out of the picture. Free-agent pickup Barkevious Mingo was retained, in part because of his special-teams contributions.

'Insider: Colts have long-term plans for Jacoby Brissett

If the Colts didn't, then their GM should be fired.

I agree, the Colts may have finally learned that having Curtis Painter or Tolzien is not a viable option, unless the plan is to tank.

I was more interested in the bit about Akeem Ayers, he could fill a role down the line if the need arises.

Yes. Less was more with him.
No. he was only capable in a small role. He was a situational player. Much like amendola. That doesn't mean what you imply by less is more.

Groupings is one thing against certain defensive packages. I think the WR3 or WR4 thing is meaningless. It's more about the down-and-distance situation and the progression the QB goes through after the snap - the defense determines that in most cases depending on how many they drop into coverage and whether its a hybrid zone, zone, or man-to-man. In some sets and situations, Develin could be the WR1.
I'm talking about who is on the field, not the progressions on individual play calls.

No. he was only capable in a small role. He was a situational player. Much like amendola. That doesn't mean what you imply by less is more.
Not with Faulk.

Look at Faulks ypc during the years 2000 and 2003 and all the others.

He was the passing back and STer

DAs issue is staying healthy and being used for ST

Not with Faulk.

Look at Faulks ypc during the years 2000 and 2003 and all the others.

DAs issue is staying healthy and being used for ST
Because 2000 to 2003 he was a normal RB. After that he only carried the ball on 3rd and long draws.

47 st snaps all season doesn't limit your availability on offense. Starters play more than that.

Complete Cuts from around the league.. Who catches your eye that you'd like to see the Pats claim or sign?

Cuts tracker: NFL teams finalize 53-player rosters

WR Dan Braverman comes to mind.

Figured the rodents wouldn't even be worth checking, but I saw that they cut Kenbrell Thompkins and Austin Seferian-Jenkins. Not advocating signing either, but surprised with the ASJ cut. Talk was he was getting his act together.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back