PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 NFL Combine Thread

Imagine seeing this group of TEs, edge guys and DBs, and then still taking one of the QBs in the first???

When I watched the only video on DB, it was played in a torrential downpour so wasn't helpful. Dane Brugler calls him a semi-Jalen Ramsey and I get the impression he has good character. Someone I've pencilled in as a potential Pat.

I thought he would be a solid 3rd round option for us. He might have tested out of that range, but I think he would be a solid option if there.

Is Peppers a guy who could see time in all 3 phases of the game? O/D/ST?

Special teams from day one. I'm not sure BB will ise him on O & D but he certainly could play either. I see him as a long-term Chung replacement personally and could replace Jordan Richards on the roster this year.

@PatsGuy - If you don't like people pointing out the simple fact that having smaller hands makes it harder to catch the football from NFL QBs, then this really isn't the place you should be.

Imagine seeing this group of TEs, edge guys and DBs, and then still taking one of the QBs in the first???

Hard to do when you have a QB. Disappointing but necessary when you don't. I think Trubisky goes top 3, Watson might go top q0 and Kizer falls. Albert Breer says 5 could go in the first round including Davis Webb. I won't object to that if it means two or three prospects falling.

Hard to do when you have a QB. Disappointing but necessary when you don't. I think Trubisky goes top 3, Watson might go top q0 and Kizer falls. Albert Breer says 5 could go in the first round including Davis Webb. I won't object to that if it means two or three prospects falling.

I'd be shocked to see 5 QBs go in the 1st round.. This is supposed to be one of the weakest QB next to 2013 drafts where only EJ Manuel went in the 1st round..

I think Trubisky is the only guy I would take in the first, and is locked in the top 3 now. Watson is fine, but we somehow forget how many weapons he had to work with, and still made so many mistakes.

I like Brissett better than all but those two. Kizer is great if you can afford 3 years of grooming, but if he's on the field soon, you are in huge trouble. Mahomes and Webb are hilarious to me, but to each their own.

I'd be shocked to see 5 QBs go in the 1st round.. This is supposed to be one of the weakest QB next to 2013 drafts where only EJ Manuel went in the 1st round..

I agree. But teams without QBs do desperate things. Just look at the money Mike Glennon is reported to be about to get. It's why I have no problem with BB drafting QBs.

I think Trubisky is the only guy I would take in the first, and is locked in the top 3 now. Watson is fine, but we somehow forget how many weapons he had to work with, and still made so many mistakes.

I like Brissett better than all but those two. Kizer is great if you can afford 3 years of grooming, but if he's on the field soon, you are in huge trouble. Mahomes and Webb are hilarious to me, but to each their own.

Mahomes is so much fun to watch. But he's such a projection it's impossible to say who he'll be. But I largely agree.

Another tantalising box ticked.

Mahomes is so much fun to watch. But he's such a projection it's impossible to say who he'll be. But I largely agree.

Whenever you hear the term gunslinger attached to a QB, it's really code for "terrible mechanics and improvs constantly, but it somehow works enough".

His arm strength is incredible, but he will drive any coach nuts.

Whenever you hear the term gunslinger attached to a QB, it's really code for "terrible mechanics and improvs constantly, but it somehow works enough".

His arm strength is incredible, but he will drive any coach nuts.

I can see him in Arizona as a future Palmer replacement.

Jordan Willis comp

How about Jalen Myrick. 5'10 - 200 lbs. 4.28 - 40, with 37.5in Vertical and an 10'4 Broad jump..

Somehow I started reading Obi's numbers..

How about Jalen Myrick. 5'10 - 200 lbs. 4.28 - 40, with 44in Vertical and an 11'9 Broad jump..

I didn't see those jump numbers. Those are damn impressive. Another prospect I'll need to watch. I'm looking forward to the agility results. Those are probably most instructive for future Pats.

If you're not one of the top guys, you risk going undrafted in this draft if you don't run under 4.5 with this class.

Which is an amazing opportunity to find some diamonds in the rough among the UDFAs.

Tells me that he plays faster in pads.. That's a good thing..

Yeah, he looks pretty good on tape. Aggressive tackler, very good click and close on underneath routes, etc. I thought he'd be a high 4.3, low 4.4 kind of guy. He's still an NFL caliber athlete. VERY good 3-cone, btw:

• 4.57 SEC
  • 33.5 INCH
  • 119.0 INCH
  • 6.68 SEC

• 6'1"HEIGHT
  • 31 3/8"ARM LENGTH
  • 184LBS.WEIGHT
  • 9 5/8"HANDS

For a longer guy, that's pretty darn good. I'm still considering him in the later rounds in my mocks.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back