PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 NFL Combine Thread

Apparently, Lattimore injured his hamstring today. That's been the problem with him all along. He needs a physical therapist to teach him how to strengthen and lengthen the right muscles so that he doesn't keep doing this. There's an imbalance causing that trouble.

Very good combine so far. A lot of prospects are checking off the boxes and showing they match what the tape shows. The value though to me is in the guys who drop due to the combine and some have that i really like.

Now I am starting to get my hopes up Barnett will drop cause he has not looked impressive. I just love his tape and anyone can have a bad day at the combine.

Shaq Griffin having a day. 38.5" vert and 11' broad on top of his 4.39 forty.

Dissapointed with quincy Wilson and Tabor. Those guy's are better than that. Just look at the tape. I expect them to run better times in their pro day. Lewis also had a dissapointing time and he's better than that.

Very good combine so far. A lot of prospects are checking off the boxes and showing they match what the tape shows. The value though to me is in the guys who drop due to the combine and some have that i really like.

Now I am starting to get my hopes up Barnett will drop cause he has not looked impressive. I just love his tape and anyone can have a bad day at the combine.

Barnett was throwing up the day before drills. I'll give him a pass. He still has the best bend around the edge of any player in this class, along with consistent, high-level production against the best players he faced.

Apparently, Lattimore injured his hamstring today. That's been the problem with him all along. He needs a physical therapist to teach him how to strengthen and lengthen the right muscles so that he doesn't keep doing this. There's an imbalance causing that trouble.

Some of these guys push it to the max and get their bodies wound up too tight for this. Better to be just a hair slower and more loose so you don't get hurt than so tight that you are an muscle pull waiting to happen. Though i don't buy into Brady's entire fitness thing i do believe he is on to something with not training your muscles to be too tight.

Last edited:
Dissapointed with quincy Wilson and Tabor. Those guy's are better than that. Just look at the tape. I expect them to run better times in their pro day. Lewis also had a dissapointing time and he's better than that.

4.55 isn't bad at all for Wilson. That's faster than Richard Sherman. I'll give you Tabor. He had a tough day. Remember Haden?

Height: 5106
Weight: 193
40 Yrd Dash: 4.62
20 Yrd Dash: 2.72
10 Yrd Dash: 1.60
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 18
Vertical Jump: 35
Broad Jump: 10'05"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.34
3-Cone Drill: 6.94

As for Lewis: best slot corner I've seen. Sticky beyond belief. I don't care about his long speed. He has the best feel for the position.

It's fine. If GMs drop them due to this all the better for us. Butler went from 4.7 or something to 4.5 right? Some days are just better than others. Personally I am not worried in the least. I don't think they having blazing fast speed but watch them on tape and you can tell they are clearly not slow and have NFL speed.

Barnett was throwing up the day before drills. I'll give him a pass. He still has the best bend around the edge of any player in this class, along with consistent, high-level production against the best players he faced.

And he was never going to be great here anyways. He just had to avoid disqualifiers. None of his numbers, even sick, really did that.

I do believe he's in range at 32 now. His arm length is a bit of a problem for me, but that was expected too. If we have a better interior pass rush, I think he would make a lot of sense.

High effort, high character, high durability. May be close to maxed out physically. Sounds like a pat type pick, even if the measureables aren't ideal.

It's fine. If GMs drop them due to this all the better for us. Butler went from 4.7 or something to 4.5 right? Some days are just better than others. Personally I am not worried in the least. I don't think they having blazing fast speed but watch them on tape and you can tell they are clearly not slow and have NFL speed.

I am hoping they fall. This class's deep at corner. Even a guy like sidney jones could fall because of these crazy 40 times.

Why does twitch penalize fast 10 yard splits? Particularly for D-linemen where that is their bread and butter? And, according to FRS, Willis' 1st 10 yard split was 1.58..

I found the original thread if anyone is curious:
NFL Forum :: - 3-4 OLB's, by the #'s (Updated)

And his explanation for the twitch is:
Twitch something that I came up with similar to the fairly well known 40 time minus the shuttle time, that uses a 10 yd split instead of the 40. Since it is a 20 yd vs. 20 yd comparison, guys that can change directions fast will have a lower number, and they will appear sudden on tape. The bit at the end is a modifier that rewards fast guys and penalizes slow guys as it is meant to approximate how sudden a player looks with their movements. Lower is better.

Never heard of jalen myrick but very impressive combine.

I want to compare kupps last 30 yards to nelsons

Ok, after this Combine i'm just gonna trust BB on this one. There are so many good, interesting players and a lot have risen up but only a few have dropped on draft boards. Thats probably the most loaded draft in the last 5 years.

4.44 for Kevin King. He ran. 6.4 3-cone at the Husky pro day. At 6'3".

Just insane.. a 6'3 guy who can turn on a dime like that. Provided he's got the football IQ, he's be a great 1A to Bulter's 1..

Did not expect such a low time from Wilson. He flashes on tape.

Tells me that he plays faster in pads.. That's a good thing..

Josh Jones having a very similar combine to Grugier-Hills pro day so far.

The sua Cravens replacement search continues!

When I watched the only video on DB, it was played in a torrential downpour so wasn't helpful. Dane Brugler calls him a semi-Jalen Ramsey and I get the impression he has good character. Someone I've pencilled in as a potential Pat.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back