PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Draft Prospect Thread

From what I've watched of him, I'd say that Ryan Switzer is the man we should be drafting to take the place of Danny Amendola next season! He looks amazing returning kicks and is very talented as a WR.

Switzer looks so much like Edelman. It's crazy. Very good slot receiver. I'd be okay with that move.

Overall, my big board will depend on Floyd, Amendola, and relative health/production. It's possible that we sign Floyd long term and have a solid and multifaceted receiving corp.

Switzer looks so much like Edelman. It's crazy. Very good slot receiver. I'd be okay with that move.

Overall, my big board will depend on Floyd, Amendola, and relative health/production. It's possible that we sign Floyd long term and have a solid and multifaceted receiving corp.

I don't think switzer has quite edelmans speed or quickness. I think he will probably test out closer to welker, which is definitely still a guy we can make use of.

For a 5th rounder, I make that choice everyday.

Top pass blocking HBs in the Power-5

D'Onta Foreman, Texas
Ish Witter, Missouri
Mike Weber, Ohio St.
Tyler Bell, Wake Forest

(Foreman is pretty much a lock 2nd rnd'r imo whether you like him or not?)

Really surprised james Conner didn't show up on this list. He's incredible at picking up guys, and can handle a lot of edge rushers due to his build.

I don't think switzer has quite edelmans speed or quickness. I think he will probably test out closer to welker, which is definitely still a guy we can make use of.

For a 5th rounder, I make that choice everyday.

I was hoping that we drafted Daniel braverman last year. He's like a clone of Edelman.

A scout on twitter said at that Elliott graded out at a 7.98 out of 9 before the draft ( I'm sorry i cant link the tweet, I'm on a really old device). I'm guessing that must be an algorithm that calculates all of a backs traits. Anyways the scout went on to say that Fournette should grade out higher while cook, mccafrey, and foreman should all come close. I am not really big on taking a back in the first but if somehow Fournette or cook falls to us, I'd be all for it then. Both backs would be a game changer for our offense and would really keep defenses on there toes. Just thought I'd share that info.

I was hoping that we drafted Daniel braverman last year. He's like a clone of Edelman.

Rooting for him. He's doing what he has to in order to break in.

With Edelman and Amendola getting older we are in the market for the next guy at that spot. I like our outside options with Hogan/Mitchell though.

Artivas Scott - Clemson - He is a guy who likes to do end arounds and shows toughness fighting for yards in certain situations. He has a really good juke step but his pure quickness is something i am not sure of yet. His top speed is pretty good though.

Great tip! I went back to watch more of Scott. Really good prospect. Plays way bigger than his size (NFLDraftScout has him at 5'9), very good foot quickness, fearless, will block, and is a solid return guy. He definitely has the skillset to perform well as a slot or even gadget guy here in the mold of early Edelman days. Pretty underrated right now.

A scout on twitter said at that Elliott graded out at a 7.98 out of 9 before the draft ( I'm sorry i cant link the tweet, I'm on a really old device). I'm guessing that must be an algorithm that calculates all of a backs traits. Anyways the scout went on to say that Fournette should grade out higher while cook, mccafrey, and foreman should all come close. I am not really big on taking a back in the first but if somehow Fournette or cook falls to us, I'd be all for it then. Both backs would be a game changer for our offense and would really keep defenses on there toes. Just thought I'd share that info.

I know a few people that had him graded very high. I had him as a 9.40/10. He's a special back that would produce on many teams.

I think Mixon will be graded out very high if its just on the field where talking about.

J. Williams is a guy I really love with legit hip flexibility/explosiveness. Big + for me.

Unbelievable skills. Could be a dynamic player for years if he doesn't end up in someone's trunk.

Check out @JoshNorris's Tweet:

Unbelievable skills. Could be a dynamic player for years if he doesn't end up in someone's trunk.

Check out @JoshNorris's Tweet:

The more I read about this, the more I'm convinced it's a tragic story about kids being up too late and both acting badly. He definitely shouldn't have broken her face, but she shouldn't have attacked him first. Both at fault. He did serve 100 hours of community service and attend counseling, plus served a one year suspension. He's been punished, and moved on. He had turned 18 the day before from what I read -- how many of us did stupid things at that age? He has plenty of time to learn and grow as a person. I'm more inclined to give him a second chance now than before I saw the video. Interesting dilemma.

The more I read about this, the more I'm convinced it's a tragic story about kids being up too late and both acting badly. He definitely shouldn't have broken her face, but she shouldn't have attacked him first. Both at fault. He did serve 100 hours of community service and attend counseling, plus served a one year suspension. He's been punished, and moved on. He had turned 18 the day before from what I read -- how many of us did stupid things at that age? He has plenty of time to learn and grow as a person. I'm more inclined to give him a second chance now than before I saw the video. Interesting dilemma.

I'm not that smart but I saw a kid who lined up a girl before he hit her. He knew he was gunna lay her out but actually set himself up for a proper punch. Fast hands, kid could be a boxer except he's coward.

I don't know. Yes he was young, past etc but one of the first things to go through my head was that's all it takes to set you off? I mean she didn't didn't even "hit" him. What she did was wrong 1000% but he lit her up like he was generally scared for his life.

Personally I'm very lenient when ot comes to this. Bottom line is if you can put up 6, so to speak. I'm good. Violence against women, children and animals are soft spots for me though.

He's a terrific talent and hopefully he turned his life around. Safe to say he won't be a Packer. Interested to see how many teams take him off their board.

Good thing this class is so deep.

There are two very different things at play.

1. Judging the players talent.
2. Judging the incident.

For 1, you could make a case of Mixon being the most talented running back in the draft. He is basically a Le'veon Bell clone. I am not sure I have seen another college running back with his patience and change of direction (Mccafrey would be a close second). Add to that, his first gear from a stop is crazy (like Edge James good) and his hands are as soft as anyone in the draft. I think when we look at this draft, Fournette is the physical freak, Cook is mr. Explosive, Foreman is the battering ram, McCaffrey is mr. Everything. Mixon is probably the best mix of them all, with also the least amount of tread used up.

2. On the other side, the video is brutal. There aren't any two ways around it. No matter how comfortable a team is with the surrounding details and his personal regret, that video will play on a loop on any local station for the team that drafts him. On that level, he will be punished more than others who have done worse behind closed doors, but that's why there is so little room for personal error now. Almost everything will make it to the public, or at least players need to act as if that's the case.

I am not going to play moral judge on this because A) I don't know a thing about the kid since the incident and have no idea if this was isolated and B) no matter how much he might have been egged on with some terrible behaviour from her, he still cold-****ed a girl. I don't know how you weigh the behaviour in this day and age, and I am definitely not comfortable with it just being bumped down a round. You are either think the kid is a good kid who made a huge mistake, or it's too much trouble for a team. You can't say he's a 5th round talent, because it's just lying to your fans and justifying it by the cost out.

Long story short, he has first round talent, but I have no idea how to weigh the rest.

Agreed about his talent. Def a case to be made for #1 rb.

Basically it boils down to this fot me and Im sure every team considering him.

How likely is this to happen again? How much has he changed.

Like I said in my other post. He's gunna get tested 100% more than that every other weekend as a pro.

*Kinda off topic but those other "men" in the video that did absolutely nothing should get a shift kick in the balls. Absolutely gutless, sitting there laughing while a female got knocked the **** out, like Zab Judah after Kosta Tszyu KO'd him when she tried to get up.

Thats a direct result in men not being allowed to be men in todays society.

2. On the other side, the video is brutal. There aren't any two ways around it. No matter how comfortable a team is with the surrounding details and his personal regret, that video will play on a loop on any local station for the team that drafts him. On that level, he will be punished more than others who have done worse behind closed doors, but that's why there is so little room for personal error now. Almost everything will make it to the public, or at least players need to act as if that's the case.

I am not going to play moral judge on this because A) I don't know a thing about the kid since the incident and have no idea if this was isolated and B) no matter how much he might have been egged on with some terrible behaviour from her, he still cold-****ed a girl. I don't know how you weigh the behaviour in this day and age, and I am definitely not comfortable with it just being bumped down a round. You are either think the kid is a good kid who made a huge mistake, or it's too much trouble for a team. You can't say he's a 5th round talent, because it's just lying to your fans and justifying it by the cost out..
He is 18 years old guy, punch girl in face. Once. Do we know if this girl really called him racial things infront of the bar. Was he drunk. Ofcourse he shouldnt do it. But do we know where he grew up, what kind of family enviroment he lived etc. And if he is not psyho that will be lesson that he ll never do it again.
Question. What is difference betwen Floyd 27years being so drunk that he sleep in the car and this guy who punc a girl. Floyd could drove into some family and kill them all.
Everyone make mistakes and we should give them a chance if they are willing to be better.

He is 18 years old guy, punch girl in face. Once. Do we know if this girl really called him racial things infront of the bar. Was he drunk. Ofcourse he shouldnt do it. But do we know where he grew up, what kind of family enviroment he lived etc. And if he is not psyho that will be lesson that he ll never do it again.
Question. What is difference betwen Floyd 27years being so drunk that he sleep in the car and this guy who punc a girl. Floyd could drove into some family and kill them all.
Everyone make mistakes and we should give them a chance if they are willing to be better.

He's been arrested twice for domestic violence.

And what if she called him the N word 1000 X's?

My whole point is it doesn't take much to rent space in this guys head.

There's nothing that girl did or said that caused that reaction.

I'm all for 2nd chances but not 4th, 5th ones etc.

I didnt know that he has such domestic violance record. I thought this was his first incident. I agree. One chance and its over.

Just for clarification, but I believe this incident is his only one. Dede has had multiple domestics, while mixon had this incident and the traffic ticket.

The point still remains, do you want to risk having someone who could be set off so easily.

I didnt know that he has such domestic violance record. I thought this was his first incident. I agree. One chance and its over.

Yes in 2012 and 2013 I believe. In the post above.

What's amazing is this video is 100% worse than Ray Rice and Mixon is a legit talent in the same tier. Funny thing is that he almost has to come out now when he should clearly go back and work his image. This video pushes the issue. That and the fact that most can't stand him.

LOL I have to ask again. How the hell did OK get anything done with Westbrook, Baker and Mixon. At least 3-4 arrest between Mix and Westbrook and Baker has never met someone he didnt piss off within 30's lol.

Just for clarification, but I believe this incident is his only one. Dede has had multiple domestics, while mixon had this incident and the traffic ticket.

The point still remains, do you want to risk having someone who could be set off so easily.

Correct I was wrong.

Does make a difference. Kid is so good. Probably would be a receiver if he was a lil taller.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back