PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 NFL Combine Thread

Trends I feel like ive picked up in the last 10-15 years of the draft.
Big 10 front 7 players are overrated and bust
Big 12 offensive linemen bust, SEC to a lesser degree
ACC athletes (skill positions), underwhelm me.
Big 10 offensive Linemen are good

Obviously there are exceptions to all of these

Jerrell Adams with a 4.66 on his 1st 40 and then a 4.64 on his 2nd.

If he was sitting there in the 4th (or maybe even that Revis 3rd rd comp) can't say I'd be disappointed if the Pats drafted him

Looks like Bill is taking an extra interest in the WRs and TEs today... Actually sitting in the seats and not a suite.

He's probably a special teamer first and foremost. I saw someone look at his combine numbers as though he was a linebacker and his closest athletic comparison was Luke Kuechly. I think you draft him as a special teamer and then see how he fits on the roster after that.

The Edelperson route?

Where does he project to go?

I know the 40 can be overrated, but is it just me or does it seem like the average WRs 40 times this year are "slower" than usual?

Jerrell Adams with a 4.66 on his 1st 40 and then a 4.64 on his 2nd.

If he was sitting there in the 4th (or maybe even that Revis 3rd rd comp) can't say I'd be disappointed if the Pats drafted him

I like Adams. One of the best blocking TEs too. First half of day 3 pick for me - I'd want to make sure we have a RB in that late 3rd area (OL, LB, RB?).

I know the 40 can be overrated, but is it just me or does it seem like the average WRs 40 times this year are "slower" than usual?

They look like a pretty bad bunch altogether.

The Edelperson route?

Where does he project to go?

I'd imagine the second half of day three. Can't see him going before the 5th round, and probably later.

Devon Cajuste, the big 230lb WR from Stanford had a 6.49 3-cone :eek: . Had a fairly slow SS at 4.20 but that 3-cone for a 6-4 guy is quite something. I don't think he's a WR at the next level but a slot TE maybe?

As a group, the wide receivers in this draft are brutally slow.

Hope bb has quite a few veteran free agents on speed dial!

Was disappointed by Sterling Shepard's agility drills. 7 second flat on the 3 cone and 4.35 shuttle.

The best WR shuttles of the day came from Braxton Miller and, another guy I like, DJ Foster with a 4.07.

Stanford TE Austin Hooper had a pretty good day. Good size hands (10 5/8), ran an OK forty at 4.72, had a 33" vert and an 7 second 3-cone. Will need to watch him.

I watched Ben Braunecker yesterday (TE, Harvard) and was impressed by his athleticism. That showed up yesterday with a 35.5" vert, a 6.9 3-cone and an OK 4.73 forty.

So here's a question. Now bear in mind that I really like Sterling Shepard but a thought I can't shake is just how much of an upgrade is he over Keshawn Martin? Is he really worth a 2nd round pick when we'vevre-signed Martin for another 2 years?

So here's a question. Now bear in mind that I really like Sterling Shepard but a thought I can't shake is just how much of an upgrade is he over Keshawn Martin? Is he really worth a 2nd round pick when we'vevre-signed Martin for another 2 years?

No. I like Shepard also, but after this weekend im starting to feel drafting a WR in the 2nd rd this year might be bad value.

No. I like Shepard also, but after this weekend im starting to feel drafting a WR in the 2nd rd this year might be bad value.

Agreed although I'd still take Braxton Miller or Josh Doctson if either were there at 60.

Agreed although I'd still take Braxton Miller or Josh Doctson if either were there at 60.

What about Tyler Boyd? Or do you not feel he'll be there when we pick?

I think theres better value day 3 for WR honestly. And after hearing Miller talk about his goal was to run a 4.3 in the combine during the senior bowl, his 40 time was very underwhelming.

Between that and still the fact that hes raw, I can see him falling to the mid rounds.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back