PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 NFL Combine Thread

I'm going to be watching this thread since the Pats beat writers Twitter section is getting lit up like a Christmas tree about the Red Sox currently.

6024, 247lbs for Derrick Henry.

I wouldn't mind the Pats taking a look at Howard. He's a big boy and he has shown that he's capable of fitting through tight running lanes. My concern is his durability. He has taken some hellacious shots throughout his career due to his running style.

Not ideal from a Pats perspective

Decent.

And Le'Raven Clark had nearly 12" hands (1178). That's about as big as I think I've seen.

Decent.

And Le'Raven Clark had nearly 12" hands (1178). That's about as big as I think I've seen.

Very nice. Clark is currently my favorite OL prospect in the draft.

I wouldn't mind the Pats taking a look at Howard. He's a big boy and he has shown that he's capable of fitting through tight running lanes. My concern is his durability. He has taken some hellacious shots throughout his career due to his running style.
YEah, I really like him to. I did a scouting report on him if you haven't seen it. I think he would be a perfect fit for the Patriots.

Close to mine too although not really because of his tape. I just think his upside could be big. I saw someone say that word at the combine is that Jason Spriggs could go all Lane Johnson. If so, any fantasies in that direction might be optimistic.

This I do not get and I might be in the minority, but he is such a project that I cannot take him until mid to late day 3. To me, he needs a lot of work before he can even think about seeing playing time.

The running back results are better that I would have expected on most of these guys.

This is a shame:

So far Coleman, Treadwell, Henry, Howard and Williams have said they're not running at the combine. Very disappointing.

So far Coleman, Treadwell, Henry, Howard and Williams have said they're not running at the combine. Very disappointing.
This could work in our favor though too. I doubt Max Tuerk will do anything either which I don't mind because I really want him on the Patriots. Now there is a Tackle project I can live with.

I was hoping Max Tuerk would have a little bit longer arms. Same for Tretola. WR Lawler had some impressive measurements. Will Fuller with some tiny hands. Answers some questions on why he fights the ball so much.
Has anyone ever measured their hand size? I nerded out and did it. I have 10 1/8" hands. The thought of Clarks hands being almost 12" is insane to me.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back