PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lambeau12

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Question for you guys. If we made the Super Bowl do you guys think we could have beaten you had we not choked against Seattle? I wish we could have found that out. That stinks we never had a rematch.

I think the Patriots would have beaten the Packers if they’d played in that Super Bowl. There’s no way to prove it.

Spread would have likely been Patriots -5 or so. Seattle was -8.5 against Packers in NFCCG getting about 3.5 for HFA, and Patriots-Seahawks was a pick em.

Rodgers choked like a dog in that game. A first ballot HoF QB should win every time the opposing QB throws 5 INTs, no questions asked. I can’t believe he would have won against that 2014 Patriots team, or that the Patriots wouldn’t have moved the ball pretty easily against a middling defense. They put up 28 against one of the best defenses ever.

I think the Patriots would have beaten the Packers if they’d played in that Super Bowl. There’s no way to prove it.

Spread would have likely been Patriots -5 or so. Seattle was -8.5 against Packers in NFCCG getting about 3.5 for HFA, and Patriots-Seahawks was a pick em.

Rodgers choked like a dog in that game. A first ballot HoF QB should win every time the opposing QB throws 5 INTs, no questions asked. I can’t believe he would have won against that 2014 Patriots team, or that the Patriots wouldn’t have moved the ball pretty easily against a middling defense. They put up 28 against one of the best defenses ever.
That was crazy. With a SB trip on the line, Rodgers got beat by a guy who threw 4 interceptions.

I know of at least one other Rodgers NFCCG in which the opposing QB threw 3 picks and still beat him.

So that's 0-2 in 2 NFCCGs in which the opposing QBs combined for 7 interceptions.

Should have retired right then and bought a farm inside a cave to breed bats or something.

That was crazy. With a SB trip on the line, Rodgers got beat by a guy who threw 4 interceptions.

I know of at least one other Rodgers NFCCG in which the opposing QB threw 3 picks and still beat him.

So that's 0-2 in 2 NFCCGs in which the opposing QBs combined for 7 interceptions.

Should have retired right then and bought a farm inside a cave to breed bats or something.
Part of it is we played in a weak division where it’s pretty much guaranteed you go 5-1 to 6-0 in the division every year. That’s how we got that far every year. The Lions will choke this year too mark my words. They ain’t beating SF or Philly.

I noticed ever since Rodgers left GB people are now rooting for him or were. I seen lots of comments how he is tolerable now that he isn’t with GB.

I noticed ever since Rodgers left GB people are now rooting for him or were. I seen lots of comments how he is tolerable now that he isn’t with GB.
I wouldn't say that's true. Especially here. We're Patriot fans and most of us absolutely hate the Jets and basically anything New York. There's probably not much hate being spewed because he's injured.

Here, let Aaron say what we think of him:
aaron-rodgers-aaron-rodgers-memes-jets.gif

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian
I wouldn't say that's true. Especially here. We're Patriot fans and most of us absolutely hate the Jets and basically anything New York. There's probably not much hate being spewed because he's injured.

Here, let Aaron say what we think of him:
aaron-rodgers-aaron-rodgers-memes-jets.gif
I see Dallas fans, Viking fans and 49er fans all say they like him now that he isn’t a Packer. I’m sure Pat fans think the same.

I see Dallas fans, Viking fans and 49er fans all say they like him now that he isn’t a Packer. I’m sure Pat fans think the same.
Pats fans hated him in GB because he is a smarmy egomaniac. He is also a very good QB. Pats fans hate the Jets above all. Now combine the two with the possibility that Rogers would make the Jets a playoff team. Mathematically it goes something like this - Rogers Hate + GB <<< Rogers hate + Jets hate = Rogers is more hated now than when he was on GB.

Pats fans hated him in GB because he is a smarmy egomaniac. He is also a very good QB. Pats fans hate the Jets above all. Now combine the two with the possibility that Rogers would make the Jets a playoff team. Mathematically it goes something like this - Rogers Hate + GB <<< Rogers hate + Jets hate = Rogers is more hated now than when he was on GB.
Trust me people say how they cannot stand Love either.

Question for you guys. If we made the Super Bowl do you guys think we could have beaten you had we not choked against Seattle? I wish we could have found that out. That stinks we never had a rematch.
No

That regular season game we had an opportunity to beat you guys.. BB was he'll bent on stopping adams.. jordy Nelson ended up being a factor for you guys. It would have been one hell of a match up going against Rodgers in his prime!

I so wish you guys would of beaten the Giants in 07.

The Lions will choke this year too mark my words. They ain’t beating SF or Philly
Bingo! This is the truth. Lions D has been exposed. Goff will fold like a cheap tent when faced with a ferocious pass rush.

I'd rather ponder 2007, since the Giants should not have beaten Green Bay at Lambeau in the NFC title game. It would've been a better Super Bowl, more of an offensive contest with the Pats winning.

d%#*!@t, the more I think of this the madder I am at the damn Packers. We would've had that perfect season. :mad:

Seattle scored 24, so its definitely possible the Packers would’ve given the Pats trouble with Nelson, Cobb and rookie Davante Adams who roasted them in the first meeting.

Packers have tormented their own fans since 1997. They had no business losing to Denver but it was a sign of many things to come.

It’s crazy how Rodgers was just like Favre leading teams to the playoffs, only to either choke or just get flat out overmatched by their opponents.

Seattle scored 24, so its definitely possible the Packers would’ve given the Pats trouble with Nelson, Cobb and rookie Davante Adams who roasted them in the first meeting.

Packers have tormented their own fans since 1997. They had no business losing to Denver but it was a sign of many things to come.

It’s crazy how Rodgers was just like Favre leading teams to the playoffs, only to either choke or just get flat out overmatched by their opponents.
The defense was good in 2014.. but outside of revis the secondary could be attacked. As good as Wilson was at that time he wasn't Rodgers. So I agree we would have had trouble with GB. I would have thought revis would be on Nelson and Adams doubled in the regular season game.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back