PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2014 Draft Contact List

Sources: Patriots have private workout today for Boise State's Paradis, Leno and Boldewijn | National Football Post

The New England Patriots are conducting a private workout today for Boise State wide receiver Geraldo Boldewijn and offensive linemen Matt Paradis and Charles Leno, according to league sources.

Paradis and Leno participated in the NFL scouting combine.

Paradis is 6-foot-3, 306-pound center and bench pressed 225 pounds 21 times with a 5.34 in the 40-yard dash. A second-team All-Mountain West Conference selection, Paradis started the last 25 games of his career at center.

Leno is a 6-foot-4, 303-pound left tackle and bench pressed 225 pounds 21 times. At his Pro Day, Leno ran the 40-yard dash in 5.25 seconds with a 31.5-inch vertical leap and a 9-4 broad jump. He was a first-team all-conference selection who started 38 consecutive games.

Boldewijn is an imposing downfield target at 6-foot-4, 215 pounds who caught 39 passes for 528 yards and two touchdowns as a senior. He caught 18 passes as a junior and 19 passes as a sophomore.

Boldewijn ran the 40-yard dash in 4.56 seconds at his Pro Day and bench pressed 225 pounds 18 times. He had a 10-7 broad jump and a 34-inch vertical leap.

The names we haven't contacted yet as far as we know might be as instructive as those we have, in particular Allen Robinson and AJ McCarron. And does anyone else think that no contact with Derek Carr (yet) suggests that we think he's going to be taken higher than Manziel/Bridgewater. It just seems a little odd that we've done the other big three but not Carr.

I don't know how much BB and Pat Hill now share given that Hill is the Falcons OL coach, but they (reportedly) used to be very close. Hill recruited Carr and coached him through 2011, so BB may already have a very good read on Carr as a person and as a student of the game.

Sources: Patriots have private workout today for Boise State's Paradis, Leno and Boldewijn | National Football Post

The New England Patriots are conducting a private workout today for Boise State wide receiver Geraldo Boldewijn and offensive linemen Matt Paradis and Charles Leno, according to league sources.

Paradis and Leno participated in the NFL scouting combine.

Paradis is 6-foot-3, 306-pound center and bench pressed 225 pounds 21 times with a 5.34 in the 40-yard dash. A second-team All-Mountain West Conference selection, Paradis started the last 25 games of his career at center.

Leno is a 6-foot-4, 303-pound left tackle and bench pressed 225 pounds 21 times. At his Pro Day, Leno ran the 40-yard dash in 5.25 seconds with a 31.5-inch vertical leap and a 9-4 broad jump. He was a first-team all-conference selection who started 38 consecutive games.

Boldewijn is an imposing downfield target at 6-foot-4, 215 pounds who caught 39 passes for 528 yards and two touchdowns as a senior. He caught 18 passes as a junior and 19 passes as a sophomore.

Boldewijn ran the 40-yard dash in 4.56 seconds at his Pro Day and bench pressed 225 pounds 18 times. He had a 10-7 broad jump and a 34-inch vertical leap.

Another LARGE receiver being looked at. I wonder if this is McDaniel's influence. He drafted Decker and Thomas. Maybe Lafell, Dobson and a draft choice will try to become his Decker and Thomas ?

Not new contacts but a little info :

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline ·42 secs
Informed Nick Caserio/New England Patriots had 2-hour chalk board session with Logan Thomas/QB & DJ Coles/WR before 45min of position drills

Not new contacts but a little info :

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline ·42 secs
Informed Nick Caserio/New England Patriots had 2-hour chalk board session with Logan Thomas/QB & DJ Coles/WR before 45min of position drills

I hope he was trying to convince Logan Thomas to play TE, he can't play QB!

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt ·1 min
#Patriots visited with @10AJMcCarron yesterday.

Interesting.

Similar to D. Ford as an athlete.

Ford:
Height: 6021
Weight: 252
40 Yrd Dash: 4.59
20 Yrd Dash: 2.69
10 Yrd Dash: 1.67
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 29
Vertical Jump: 35 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'04"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.73
3-Cone Drill: 7.07

Underwood:
Height: 6024
Weight: 256
40 Yrd Dash: 4.69
20 Yrd Dash: 2.61
10 Yrd Dash: 1.60
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 26
Vertical Jump: 36
Broad Jump: 10'00"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.43
3-Cone Drill: 7.10

Interesting.

Ford:

Underwood:

Going by those numbers one could argue Underwood has better initial burst than Ford. Also I wonder if during the games he will break the 4th wall and talk to the TV camera like another Underwood I know.

I hope he was trying to convince Logan Thomas to play TE, he can't play QB!

Not that TEs have really ever had an issue picking up the Patriots system but Thomas being a former QB could help make with him getting the mental aspects of the game. The weakness is he is a former QB and doesn't have experience at TE.

On Tuesday evening I reported the New England Patriots worked out Virginia Tech prospects Logan Thomas and DJ Coles. There’s some additional insight on this workout. The feeling league wide is the Patriots will take a quarterback at some point in the draft as they expect to lose Ryan Mallett at the end of next season, hence the interest in Thomas. As far as Coles is concerned, I’m told the Patriots had him do a lot of tight end work during the 45 minutes spent in position drills. This included coming out of a three point stance, blocking drills and lining up in the slot. Consider this; Coles measures in the area of 6-feet/3-inches and 235 pounds, timing in the high 4.4s in the forty. When the Patriots selected Aaron Hernandez his official measurements went 6-feet, 2.5-inches, 245lbs with a 4.58s forty time. Something to think about.

?14 Draft: News/Notes/Visits & Workouts

On Tuesday evening I reported the New England Patriots worked out Virginia Tech prospects Logan Thomas and DJ Coles. There’s some additional insight on this workout. The feeling league wide is the Patriots will take a quarterback at some point in the draft as they expect to lose Ryan Mallett at the end of next season, hence the interest in Thomas. As far as Coles is concerned, I’m told the Patriots had him do a lot of tight end work during the 45 minutes spent in position drills. This included coming out of a three point stance, blocking drills and lining up in the slot. Consider this; Coles measures in the area of 6-feet/3-inches and 235 pounds, timing in the high 4.4s in the forty. When the Patriots selected Aaron Hernandez his official measurements went 6-feet, 2.5-inches, 245lbs with a 4.58s forty time. Something to think about.

?14 Draft: News/Notes/Visits & Workouts

Saw this too. What I find interesting is that Coles is very like Harrison in size and whilst his athletic numbers weren't as good as Harrison, the athletic profile is a little similar. If they are trying Coles out at TE, then they must be thinking of Harrison in that way too surely.

Interesting.

Ford:

Underwood:

Add another similar pass rusher to the list

@RapSheet: The #Falcons are hosting Boise St. DE Demarcus Lawrence today. Got a busy schedule, with visits to #Patriots, #Jets, #Saints, #Cowboys, etc

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/454687223833579522

The year we drafted Chandler Jones, we looked at quite a few 250lb DE/OLB types. I say this because there's no record yet of interest being shown in Kareem Martin and Kony Ealy.

Also note that worked out Louisville defenders so whilst Marcus Smith isn't named on the list,new will have had a look at him.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back