PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011 Free Agent "Let's Sign This Guy" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
With nearly 2 weeks until we play again, thought I'd bump this back up and get some talk going as to who everyone has their eye on this offseason.

With a lot of teams' seasons ending this week, the free agency picture may get a little bit clearer as we hear about who is cutting ties with their current team (ie. Chad Johnson).

So who's on your wishlist as of right now for this offseason?

A few good sites to look at the names:
2011 NFL Free Agents
KFFL - 2011 NFL Free Agents
Top 30 free agents in class of 2011 - NFL - Yahoo! Canada Sports
2011 NFL Offseason: Michael Vick & The Top Free Agents at Each Position | Bleacher Report

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Your free agent wishlist... [merged]

On my wish list....

One Mr. Brett Lorenzo Favre.....

He'll be tanned, rested and ready to challenge that upstart from Michigan for the starting job.

I have only only top level free agent on my wishlist: Logan Mankins.

I have only only top level free agent on my wishlist: Logan Mankins.

As much as I'd like to see it happen....I think he's gone.

He'll want top 3 money....and for a guard with the Pats...totally impossible.

Resign Mankins and sign Haloti Ngata (probably getting tagged), Arian Foster (probably getting tagged).

Last edited:

pats philosophy won't change - resign their own and build through the draft. they may get a few free agents here and there to plug holes but that's about it.

Bring in TKO to play with his cuz.

As much as I'd like to see it happen....I think he's gone.

He'll want top 3 money....and for a guard with the Pats...totally impossible.

I'm not so certain -- remember that this past offseason the negotiations were complicated by the extra RFA year, so the Pats' offer this time might come a lot closer to his expectations.

With the regular season over then the call for "let's sign this guy" can't be far away.

Last edited:
Re: 2010 Free Agent "Let's Sign This Guy" Thread

Do the same as always....take care of your own first and then see what you can add.

Mike Vick could be a good backup QB. [/sarcasm]

I would love to see the Patriots get Arian Foster, but I don't see it happening

There is going to be no big FA signing. The two biggest FA signing in the BB era were Moss and AD and both turned out to be nothing but trouble.

If I had my wish, Tamba Hali, Lamarr Woodley, or Haloti Ngata. All three will be franchised though.

Resign Mankins and sign Haloti Ngata (probably getting tagged)
No chance Ngata hits the market.

Some names I'm watching:

Kiwanuka/Hali (think both have great tools that Belichick could craft into premier pass rushers, although Hali's numbers this year will make him expensive and less likely to hit FA)

Steve Smith/Sims-Walker/James Jones (we don't need to spend the big money that the top names want, and even these three might be too much... but I'd like to add one more WR to the mix who isn't a rookie... first and foremost though is extending Welker)

Champ/Ike Taylor/Carlos Rogers/Johnathan Joseph (unlikely any of these guys hit the market, and Butler seems to be improving... but would still be awesome to have McCourty, Bodden, and one of these guys)

Weddle (get rid of Meriweather, NOW)

Assuming Law-Firm resigns, Mankins resigns (I think he will), realistically I'd like to see

1. Pat Williams (cheap vet, used to 4-3, but I think he can make the transition and/or play in goal line/ run packages)

2. LaMarr Woodley/ Tamba Hali (one big name edge rusher, I'd prefer Hali, but see no way the Chiefs let him go, Woodley is more realistic)

3. Takeo Spikes (another vet who might be sick of losing, would be a great presence for Brandon Spikes and Jerod Mayo)

4. Champ Bailey (another vet who might be sick of losing... yada yada)

5. Matthew Prater (if the Ghost is done here, I'd like to see another young'n with a huge leg brought in)

No chance Ngata hits the market.

Some names I'm watching:

Kiwanuka/Hali (think both have great tools that Belichick could craft into premier pass rushers, although Hali's numbers this year will make him expensive and less likely to hit FA)

Steve Smith/Sims-Walker/James Jones (we don't need to spend the big money that the top names want, and even these three might be too much... but I'd like to add one more WR to the mix who isn't a rookie... first and foremost though is extending Welker)

Champ/Ike Taylor/Carlos Rogers/Johnathan Joseph (unlikely any of these guys hit the market, and Butler seems to be improving... but would still be awesome to have McCourty, Bodden, and one of these guys)

Weddle (get rid of Meriweather, NOW)

Yea I don't see Ngata or Foster touching the market but strange things happen. Steve Smith is a name that I like for this team but you know the Giants will press hard for him. Im pretty much over taking a first round receiver so Im all for signing a guy like Smith or Sims-Walker. Price looks promising and we have Welker, Branch, Tate, and Edelman as of right now so I don't think WR is as big of a need as it was mid-season.
CB is a position Im interested in as well but I think we're fine going into next season with Bodden returning. If he doesn't look like he's ready to play, Arrington is worthy of his spot and we can look to upgrade in the 2012 draft.

Last edited:
I believe Morris and Taylor will be gone. Faulk...possibly done as well. So I expect 1 free agent, 1 draft pick. DeAngelo Williams is on my wish list, a good fit, but too expensive.

There is going to be no big FA signing. The two biggest FA signing in the BB era were Moss and AD and both turned out to be nothing but trouble.
Moss was fine for 3 years, and AD was as well.
BTW, Moss was not a FA

I don't want us to get older.
I think we will add some Free agents in the right places, and I think they will be players that fit OUR system not their old teams system, therefore most are under the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots