PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2008 schedule release thread [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: It's Out!!!

I'm ok with the two back-to-back swings. The Patriots can just stay out west for those in between weeks. I just wish that they faced the better team first (Chargers) and then the easier team (49ers) on the first trip the way they do on the second (Seahawks then Raiders).

The Patriots should have no problem going 4-0 heading into that Chargers game.

Last edited:

Unbelievable.

Sun 10/5/2008 4:15 PM @ 49ers
Sun 10/12/2008 8:15 PM @ Chargers
Mon 10/20/2008 8:30 PM vs Broncos

Back-to-back west coast games, and then following up a primetime game with another primetime game.

Sun 12/7/2008 8:15 PM @ Seahawks
Sun 12/14/2008 4:15 PM @ Raiders

Primetime at Seattle, and then another west coast game after that.

I guess because the opposing teams appeared to be weak, the NFL schedule makers designed it this way to add a degree of difficulty.

ONE Monday night game? Not that its a bad thing for the team, but ONE? Wow.

MNF is no longer the marquee game of the week. SNF is, and we have three SNF games scheduled with one more possible due to flex scheduling.

I hate that we are playing a Thursday night NFLN game. Luckliy though, it's against the Jets at home and the games before and after are Bills at home and Dolphins away respectively.

This schedule isn't hard, it isn't brutal, it's "let's have some fun with the Patriots".

this scheduel is so easy. Y'all need to just chill.

No idea if they would but I would. Owners can definitely request things, not sure how often they get what they request.

No way they stay out west. Too disruptive for the team and organization overall to pass up 5 days at home in familiar surroundings. Chargers are going to go directly from Buffalo to London, but that's to save 6000 miles RT in week they'll already be traveling another 9000 miles to perform in a circus atmosphere all week.

I'm ok with the two back-to-back swings. The Patriots can just stay out west for those in between weeks. I just wish that they faced the better team first (Chargers) and then the easier team (49ers) on the first trip the way they do on the second (Seahawks then Raiders).

I doubt they will. Belichick will never go for it. Belichick would rather fly back and forth than take the players out of their schedule and force them to spend two weeks away from their homes. Besides, flying from Oakland to Seattle is not a short plane flight. They are 800 miles away from each other which is like a 2 hour flight. It is about the equivalent of flying from Boston to Charlotte, NC.

Unbelievable.

Back-to-back west coast games, and then following up a primetime game with another primetime game.

I guess because the opposing teams appeared to be weak, the NFL schedule makers designed it this way to add a degree of difficulty.

I actually think catching the MNF game after the back to back west coast games is a good break. You get an extra day/day and a half to rest from the travel. The Seahawks game COULD be flexed out, so that's not set in stone. I dont have a problem with two b2b west coast trips... either stay out there a week each time, or get the long travel out of the way in condensed groups. Anyone see any way this team doesn't come out of the chute 5-0? Pretty good schedule, IMO.

Unbelievable.

Don't be surprised if the Patriots move their operations to the West Coast for the entire week in between the consecutive West Coast games. Several teams have done this before.

My whines:

1. Too many primetime games.
2. Only 7 1PM Sunday games.
3. 4 days to prepare for the evil Jets. 10 days to prepare for lowly Dolphins.
4. Too early bye week.
5. One game lost to the NFL network and it is the Jets 11/13 game.
6. One game with no audio sound and it is the Broncos Mon 10/20.

We never get all 1PM sunday games at home yet with the bye week of BB's own choosing. All games will be available everywhere along as the Patriots fan drinks a beer and chants three times "There is no team like the Pats. There is no team like the Pats. There is no team like the Pats." Of course, all games on broadcast on CBS or Fox. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I didn't realize that Seattle and Oakland were both away games as well and were in December. That sucks for us... especially if the Raiders find a way to improve (mostly, if Russell finally wakes up).

Unbelievable.

I don't think it's that bad. Bye week before San Fran, who is awful, and before the Chargers game, and then an extra day before the Denver game. Then a home game against another bad team.

The 2nd one is rough but it ends with the Raiders, who are dreadful, and then a home game against Arizona. It could have been a lot worse IMO.

this scheduel is so easy. Y'all need to just chill.

How do you know it is easy? Do you already know how teams are going to do this. Strength of schedule means nothing right now. If you said this time last year that you had the Jets, Saints, Bears, and Ravens on your schedule; you would say that it was going to be a tough schedule. Except none of those teams were remotely as good last year as they were the year before.

All you can judge a schedule on right now is the travel schedule, the bye week, and how and when night games hit. The Pats lose in all three of those areas. Right now they have a relatively easy schedule, but come January 2009 we may be talking about how tough it was and how many playoff teams we had to play to get through the season.

Re: 2008 Schedule leak thread

Not to bad of a schedule considering (4 west coast games but they are paired back to back). Sure we could have had a better bye week (later than week 4). Also good is that our last two opponents in December (Arizona and Buffalo) could very well not be in playoff contention the last two weeks, so playing only for pride / paychecks.

Furthermore, when you look at our potential rivals for best record in AFC, it looks good for Pats.

Steelers- have a VERY tough schedule . Many tough opponents plus also playing against NFC East this year.

Indy - late December matchups could mean division crown (Jags and Titans last 2 weeks).

San Diego 'Super' Chargers - play 4 away games on the east coast AND one game in London. Only two of games are consecutive.

All and all I think the football gods have been ok with our schedule. Yes, we have a few late nighters (dont ***** as I live in Denmark where they are on at about 2.30 am), but the night games are to be expected when you are one of the premier teams in the league. Goes with the territory.

Don't be surprised if the Patriots move their operations to the West Coast for the entire week in between the consecutive West Coast games. Several teams have done this before.

I would be shocked. Belichick has said he doesn't believe in changing players schedules radically. He probably feels that staying on the West Coast and inconveniencing the players for 9-10 days is worse than four long travel days.

Also, as I stated, it is a significant travel day to get from Oakland to Seattle.

This is the most bizarre schedule I have seen in quite some time. I am exhausted just looking at it. I see 13-3 and a very tired team entering the playoffs. Honestly, I don't feel overjoyed

How do you know it is easy? Do you already know how teams are going to do this. Strength of schedule means nothing right now. If you said this time last year that you had the Jets, Saints, Bears, and Ravens on your schedule; you would say that it was going to be a tough schedule. Except none of those teams were remotely as good last year as they were the year before.

All you can judge a schedule on right now is the travel schedule, the bye week, and how and when night games hit. The Pats lose in all three of those areas. Right now they have a relatively easy schedule, but come January 2009 we may be talking about how tough it was and how many playoff teams we had to play to get through the season.

I would, and never will say the jets are a hard team to beat, every year they are going to "close the gap" and just about every year they get worse.

man, them west coast games at the and come at a good time, nice and warm over there.

My whines:

1. Too many primetime games.
2. Only 7 1PM Sunday games.
3. 4 days to prepare for the evil Jets. 10 days to prepare for lowly Dolphins.
4. Too early bye week.
5. One game lost to the NFL network and it is the Jets 11/13 game.
6. One game with no audio sound and it is the Broncos Mon 10/20.

We never get all 1PM sunday games at home yet with the bye week of BB's own choosing. All games will be available everywhere along as the Patriots fan drinks a beer and chants three times "There is no team like the Pats. There is no team like the Pats. There is no team like the Pats." Of course, all games on broadcast on CBS or Fox. :rolleyes:

1. Can't complain about that. You knew it was coming off of last year.
2. Related to #1.
3. The Jets also have 4 days to prepare / O well.
4. Also knew that was coming. Can't get the prime bye week every year.
5. They might have some sort of agreement by then. Who knows?
6. We're lucky we didn't have 2 MNF games like last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back