PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2008 Draft Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is Matthew Slater?

UGH. Not liking this 2nd day at all.

Anyone know what they gave up for the trade, or anything about Slater?

ESPN link with his name doesn't even go anywhere :rolleyes:

He's a future CUT along with Wilhite, that's what he is. What are these guys smoking, this is turning into a freakin nightmare.............

I'm willing to bet you could have gotten 5 of us off this board, put us into the Pats warroom and come up with a much better draft than this especially having the 7th overall pick to work with.

Based purely off of combine numbers draft mags and some TV feed.

Anyone know what they gave up for the trade, or anything about Slater?

ESPN link with his name doesn't even go anywhere :rolleyes:

Sixth and seventh round picks this year. He's a six foot special teamer. Kiper thinks he's a return man.

OOPs! Not our sixth, but rather the fifth.

Last edited:
Some info on Slater:

The son of Jackie Slater, he is a great kick returner and took back three for touchdowns this year at UCLA. He is also very fast and ran a 4.4 at his Pro Day. He is a standout special teams player and fits the Patriots' schemes.

It appears he was a wide receiver who switched to safety his senior year to help his team, reads he is a excellent special teams, player lays big hits on kick and punt coverage.
Fell back a little due to injury, is active in ministries and charities.
Is related to rams great jackie slater, and patterns his receiving game off of issac bruce.
Also is a political science major at ucla.
Sound like he could be a poor mans troy brown.

He's a future CUT along with Wilhite, that's what he is. What are these guys smoking, this is turning into a freakin nightmare.............

I'm willing to bet you could have gotten 5 of us off this board, put us into the Pats warroom and come up with a much better draft than this especially having the 7th overall pick to work with.

Are you one of the 5?

I'm willing to bet you could have gotten 5 of us off this board, put us into the Pats warroom and come up with a much better draft than this
Give the Pats a call...I'm sure they will only be too willing to let you handle next years draft instead of these clowns Bill and Scott.

Just out of interest could you please explain exactly what your draft plan would have been...

Last edited:
Give the Pats a call...I'm sure they will only be too willing to let you handle next years draft instead of these clowns Bill and Scott.

Just out of interest could you please explain exactly what your draft plan would have been...

OH, and you like the draft so far huh? put down the koolaid..........

Awwww, the DRC and Goff-ies are crying now :)

If, and it's still an if, this guy is as good on ST as people say, he's a worthwhile 5th round pick.

OH, and you like the draft so far huh? put down the koolaid..........
Answer the question...let's hear YOUR draft plan and what you would have done different. Please include all trade details and reasons for your picks.

I'm sure the whole of the forum awaits your response with baited breath :rolleyes:

Answer the question...let's hear YOUR draft plan and what you would have done different. Please include all trade details and reasons for your picks.

I'm sure the whole of the forum awaits your response with baited breath :rolleyes:

Again, put down the koolaid, there's way too many calories in it to justify the taste, it's not worth it. Put it down............

But I've got 3 different draft guides. That makes me an expert.
Phooey! I only have two so I guess I can't be a GM. Three draft mags only makes me the equivalent of Head of Scouting. :(

Bated. With that out of the way I'm pretty sure that it started with DRC and anything above and beyond that was a bonus, anything that didn't include that was a miserable draft. :rolleyes:

Phooey! I only have two so I guess I can't be a GM. Three draft mags only makes me the equivalent of Head of Scouting. :(

Doesn't matter, you're in, you'll still be an upgrade over what we've seen......

Again, put down the koolaid, there's way too many calories in it to justify the taste, it's not worth it. Put it down............
As I suspected...all talk and no trousers. We all know if you actually listed your draft plan you'd be flamed from here till Superbowl XLIII :bricks:

Answer the question. You're the one that said you could do better, make a thread and tell us how you'd have done it.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore