PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2006 draft pick Ryan O'Callaghan comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kinda sad that this is even news, here is a hint O'Callaghan is not the only NFL Player who is gay..

Every time a media or sports personality comes out it becomes news, why?? We are better than this...

Who the heck is the "we" you're talking about? The media? They're the ones who push the gender issues. Most folks, like those here, don't give a crap about people's sexual preferences.

Who the heck is the "we" you're talking about? The media? They're the ones who push the gender issues. Most folks, like those here, don't give a crap about people's sexual preferences.

The so called media only pushes what we allow them to push.. the we means the "collective we"....

The reality is that a persons sexuality should not be newsworthy.. unfortunately, it is. If we don't give a crap about a persons sexuality, why does this post exist??

The so called media only pushes what we allow them to push.. the we means the "collective we"....

The "so-called media" a.k.a., MSM (mainstream media) is very manipulative and dictate what constitutes news, only to serve the interest of the 1%. For example, the Boston Glib is owned by John Henry, The Washington Post is owned by Jeff Bezos (Amazon) and CNN is owned by Ted Turner.. just to name a few. All of those owners are billionaires, and in the case of the Boston Glib, all of us are aware of how biased the Glib is against the Patriots, for example, merely because John Henry also happens to own the Red Sox.

On a daily basis we are bombarded with "scandals" like a pro athlete coming out gay, the latest Hollywood divorce, while the real problems like income inequality, militarized police, election fraud, and just how much warfare we are waging on behalf of the military industrial complex, are brutally repressed.

The United States literally has SOF conducting combat missions in 80 to 90 countries worldwide, at any given time. Most of them are illegal and without said country's permission. So technically we are at war with half the world, but hey, coming out as gay is much worse.

Last edited:
Wish we'd stop with this absolutely disgusting empathetic groupthink where we all act like decent human beings and say we're glad O'Callaghan has been true to himself and sympathized with his very real struggles. I stand with the true victim here, Boston Patriot, who is being oppressed merely for saying something extraordinarily stupid and coldhearted. You goddamn PC police will get yours.
Saying something extraordinarily stupid and cold hearted is one of the best reasons for being oppressed. Only better reason is doing something extraordinarily stupid, but then there's hope Darwinian Selection will address the problem. Both are entirely within the control of whoever said/did it.

Damn snowflakes, always melting at the first flame.

On a daily basis we are bombarded with "scandals" like a pro athlete coming out gay, the latest Hollywood divorce, or police shooting,

I agree with most of your post. However, one of these is not like the others...

Your pathetic opinion couldn't be further from the truth. You are a typical poster with little intellect and so you resort to character assassination. Is not my opinion vaqlid? Do you allow for alternative opinions in your PC universe? Group think is killing debate and discussion in this world and you are a big part of the problem.

It's your right to be an ******* on the internet. Freedom of speech and all (as long as the owner of the site allows). It is also the right of everyone else to call you an ******* for it. Not censorship if nothing is deleted.

It's your right to be an ******* on the internet. Freedom of speech and all (as long as the owner of the site allows). It is also the right of everyone else to call you an ******* for it. Not censorship if nothing is deleted.
Nothing says "attention whore" quite like playing a sport solely to hide who you are, fake dating to head off suspicion, and then going off all alone to a remote cabin to kill yourself, am I right?

The "so-called media" a.k.a., MSM (mainstream media) is very manipulative and dictate what constitutes news, only to serve the interest of the 1%. For example, the Boston Glib is owned by John Henry, The Washington Post is owned by Jeff Bezos (Amazon) and CNN is owned by Ted Turner.. just to name a few. All of those owners are billionaires, and in the case of the Boston Glib, all of us are aware of how biased the Glib is against the Patriots, for example, merely because John Henry also happens to own the Red Sox.

On a daily basis we are bombarded with "scandals" like a pro athlete coming out gay, the latest Hollywood divorce, or police shooting, while the real problems like income inequality, militarized police, election fraud, and just how much warfare we are waging on behalf of the military industrial complex, are brutally repressed.

The United States literally has SOF conducting combat missions in 80 to 90 countries worldwide, at any given time. Most of them are illegal and without said country's permission. So technically we are at war with half the world, but hey, coming out as gay is much worse.

"Most of them illegal" How do you know that?

Most are in joint operations with other countries. Many are training missions. Part of the task of the SOF is to build cohesive ties with other countries militarily to enhance the war on terror.

I know a few guys who were assigned to SOF. Most of their sniper missions involved going after drug cartels.

Anyways I'm not sure what your source of info is but I don't think the war on drugs or terror would be as effective if the US was illegally bulldozing their way into multiple countries without any courtesy.

I do believe that there are instances in which going in without permission happens but I would bet that they had first exhausted all possible avenues prior to doing so.

On a daily basis we are bombarded with "scandals" like a pro athlete coming out gay, the latest Hollywood divorce, or police shooting, while the real problems like income inequality, militarized police, election fraud, and just how much warfare we are waging on behalf of the military industrial complex, are brutally repressed.

Only if you let it manipulate you.... most people, if they choose, can discern fact from fiction. All media manipulates to an extent, we are human, so an intelligent reader has to read several articles to get to some modicum of truth..

Our "repression" is not because of the media, it is because of many other factors that are interconnected on a higher plane..

Do not see the Globe as anti-patriots, what I do see are tired reporters who are trying desperately to somehow become relevant.. Ron Borges writes for the Herald, no writer is more anti Patriots than Ronnie.. my preference are folks like Rich Hill, Mike Reiss, Tom Curran et al.. folks who are close to the team and who seem to be fans like us..

It is like listening to sportstalk radio, you can be manipulated if you allow yourself to be manipulated.. this week is a nice respite because Bertram is on vacation, and there are less conspiracy driven co-hosts with Zolak.. but most days I change the channel and listen to Pandora..

Nothing says "attention whore" quite like playing a sport solely to hide who you are, fake dating to head off suspicion, and then going off all alone to a remote cabin to kill yourself, am I right?
I wonder where his life is headed now, maybe he's a totally different person now that he isn't hiding anymore. One of my good friends came out last year and seems a lot more comfortable with who he is now.

I agree with most of your post. However, one of these is not like the others...

You're right, I shouldn't have done that. Post is edited.

Pioli . (from Reiss q-h)

“In the last 48 hours, the response and reaction I’ve received from former teammates of Ryan’s [and] former players that weren’t teammates but wanted to get a hold of Ryan; a great example [is] Mike Vrabel, one of the first people to reach out to me. So Mike was with Ryan in New England and Kansas City. Mike was like, ‘Scott, this is incredible. What great news. Is he OK? I need his contact information. Can I reach out to him?’ I give you that example, because that is one of dozens and dozens of former players who are reacting [that way] to this situation. All they care about is Ryan the person.”
It's a hell of a story, I can't relate directly, but I think we can all see the way O'Callaghan was so upset about his insecurities and what people would think about him and it turned out nobody cared and in that sense I can relate. Glad he told his story.

"Most of them illegal" How do you know that?

Most are in joint operations with other countries. Many are training missions. Part of the task of the SOF is to build cohesive ties with other countries militarily to enhance the war on terror.

I know a few guys who were assigned to SOF. Most of their sniper missions involved going after drug cartels.

Anyways I'm not sure what your source of info is but I don't think the war on drugs or terror would be as effective if the US was illegally bulldozing their way into multiple countries without any courtesy.

I do believe that there are instances in which going in without permission happens but I would bet that they had first exhausted all possible avenues prior to doing so.

You're aware that we, as in this country, manufactured the "war on drugs"? The "war on terror" is simply an extension of that.

Anyway as to your question, the truth is, I don't know it for a fact (that we are conducting illegal operations in that many countries) and can't really give you hard evidence, but the scuttlebutt about it remains strong- and occasionally an alternative news outlet tries to be brave enough to bring it out in the open like this one:

How Many Wars Is the US Really Fighting?

Certain things point to it as being fact- the tripling of the SOF budget, of the number of deployment, the military presence in 135 countries, the very high rate of SOF troops having combat experience, etc.

Would you be surprised to know that most SOF is deployed, not to Iraq or Afghanistan, but Africa?

You're aware that we, as in this country, manufactured the "war on drugs"? The "war on terror" is simply an extension of that.

Anyway as to your question, the truth is, I don't know it for a fact (that we are conducting illegal operations in that many countries) and can't really give you hard evidence, but the scuttlebutt about it remains strong- and occasionally an alternative news outlet tries to be brave enough to bring it out in the open like this one:

How Many Wars Is the US Really Fighting?

Certain things point to it as being fact- the tripling of the SOF budget, of the number of deployment, the military presence in 135 countries, the very high rate of SOF troops having combat experience, etc.

Would you be surprised to know that most SOF is deployed, not to Iraq or Afghanistan, but Africa?

Just for the record I'm not busting your balls or anything. Just offering up my point of view which is also fact limited.

Anyways the military openly acknowledges a majority of those missions and their whereabouts. I'm sure there are some that they do not for whatever reason. This and our other posts belong elsewhere. I know I fueled it so my apologies.

Just for the record I'm not busting your balls or anything. Just offering up my point of view which is also fact limited.

Anyways the military openly acknowledges a majority of those missions and their whereabouts. I'm sure there are some that they do not for whatever reason. This and our other posts belong elsewhere. I know I fueled it so my apologies.

No worries. I'm guilty of thread hijacking anyway... back to the subject at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back