PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2005 Admit your mistakes thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
gomezcat said:
Oh, I've got another one. I believe that only one person on the board (Miguel, if I recall correctly) isn't guilty of this one: "BB NEVER drafts Guards in the first round".

It was not me. I was just as surprised as anyone that the Patriots drafted a guard in the 1st round. I remember after the 2002 draft that the Boston media could somehow hear what was transpiring in the Patriots draft HQ and BB was overheard to say after the Steelers pick Kendall Simmons in the 1st round "You do not pick a guard in the 1st round".

billikens said:
What does BB see in Klecko? And Evans is still on the roster, right?
he MUST see an aggresive player who makes plays all over the field in practice.
klecko might also be the player who picks up on weekly defensive adjustments the fastest.
maybe he does a great job on scout team every week?
i can't remember BB ever carrying somebody this long when he can't make the plays on the field. he's not that kind of coach. it is really strange.

ilduce06410 said:
he MUST see an aggresive player who makes plays all over the field in practice.
klecko might also be the player who picks up on weekly defensive adjustments the fastest.
maybe he does a great job on scout team every week?
i can't remember BB ever carrying somebody this long when he can't make the plays on the field. he's not that kind of coach. it is really strange.
Klecko was making plays at NT and DE when he substituted this season. When I watch tape I see a smaller guy, who probably wouldn't hold up to the pounding the way Vince could, playing strong and playing smart. He was always around the ball, which was an improvement over the early season Wilfork who was always around the center's ankles.

I'd have liked to have seen him continue the ILB experiment, but DL became a need this year and the kid did okay in relief. I was less impressed with his FB role or STs, which may be what finally gets him cut. Until that happens, he's one of BB's multi-tools and they always seem to come up big at critical times - Brown, Vrabel, Ashworth, Wilson....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News