PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

14 team playoff?

How in the world would a 14 team playoffs season work exactly?

Thanks, but no thanks.

Let's leave the everyone makes it the playoffs to Hockey.

It ain't broke

Leave it alone

Any idea that gets rid of 1 or 2 pre season games is a good idea in my book.

Expand the playoffs, expand the active roster for a few weeks and get rid of those horrible pre season games.

Last edited:
Hate this idea.

Theres so many bad teams that make the playoffs as it is.

Some years 8-8 teams sneak into the playoffs.

Hate this idea.

I still remember the "7-9 Uproar" of the 10' playoff season.

Football was perfect as it was a few years ago.

Goodell is doing everything in his power to screw everything up.

Replacement Refs. Extended Playoffs. Fines for everything. No TD celebrations. Can we get a new commissioner please?

As far as I'm concerned he should've lost his job after the replacement ref debacle. I know it was the owners fault as well, but the commissioner should've had a better plan in place. Instead he had Lingerie Football League referees judging NFL games.

I like the way the format is. Why screw it up. Even if they had 36 teams I'd still only want a 12 team playoff. Unless they go to 40 teams they should stick with 12 team playoffs. Nobody wants to see the playoffs watered down.

if this kills any talk of an extended regular season, i'll take it

NFL is only about $$ now. They could care less about what the fans want

So, basically half the teams make the playoffs.

Watering down the regular season--which once was equivalent to the playoffs.

3 games in the pre-season, yes. 14 teams in the playoffs, an emphatic NO.

The current format is perfect. 32 teams, 16 game schedule, 12 playoff teams. Don't **** with it.

Hate this idea.

Adding a 3rd Wild Card probably won't lead to any increase in 8-8 teams making the playoffs. When we see such teams - or the 7-9 Seahawks from a couple years ago - it is because you had a bad division that someone had to win, and that won't change. I could easily see Dallas winning the East at 8-8 (or worse) but the WC teams will almost certainly be better.

Football was perfect as it was a few years ago.

Goodell is doing everything in his power to screw everything up.

Replacement Refs. Extended Playoffs. Fines for everything. No TD celebrations. Can we get a new commissioner please?

As far as I'm concerned he should've lost his job after the replacement ref debacle. I know it was the owners fault as well, but the commissioner should've had a better plan in place. Instead he had Lingerie Football League referees judging NFL games.
Yeah, the NFL sure is losing popularity and going downhill ever since Goodell took over.

Wait, whuh??!?!?

The NHL has done it with more teams for years ... you get more action packed games and the best teams are usually standing when you get to the final 4 ... more teams doesn't change that too much.

Not a fan of an 18 game season, but I would rather have that than expanding the field of playoff teams. I think the expanded playoffs in the NBA and NHL hurt the product when almost everyone get in the playoffs.

The NHL has done it with more teams for years ... you get more action packed games and the best teams are usually standing when you get to the final 4 ... more teams doesn't change that too much.

I diminished the regular season for the NHL and the first few rounds of the playoffs where the top teams almost every year just beat on the teams who made the playoffs because someone had to with so many playoff spots.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back