Reaction score
Thoughts?
DW Toys
Round 2

33. Cincinnati Bengals: Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia
34. Indianapolis Colts: Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State
35. Detroit Lions: Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC
36. New York Giants: Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
37. Washington from Los Angeles Chargers: A.J. Terrell, CB, Clemson (Chargers get T Trent Williams)
38. Carolina Panthers: Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State
39. Miami Dolphins: Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois
40. Houston Texans: Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame 41. Cleveland Browns: Shane Lemieux, OG, Oregon
42. Jacksonville Jaguars: Kyle Dugger, S, Lenoir-Rhyne
43. Chicago Bears: Lloyd Cushenberry, G/C, LSU
44. Indianapolis Colts: Antoine Winfield Jr., S, Minnesota
45. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State
46. Denver Broncos: Jordyn Brooks, ILB, Texas Tech
47. Atlanta Falcons: Noah Igboghene, CB, Auburn
48.New York Jets: Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor
49. Pittsburgh Steelers: Jordan Love, QB, Utah State
50. Chicago Bears: Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin
51. Dallas Cowboys: Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton
52. Patriots from Los Angeles Rams: Terrell Lewis, DE/3-4OLB, Alabama
53. Philadelphia Eagles: Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
54. Buffalo Bills: Marlon Davidson, DE/3-4DE, Auburn
55. Baltimore Ravens: Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin
56. Miami Dolphins: Raekwon Davis, DT/3-4DE/NT, Alabama
57. Patriots from L.A. Rams via Houston: Chase Claypool, TE, N. Dame (Texans get WR Brandin Cooks from the Rams)
58. Minnesota Vikings: Jordan Elliott, DT/3-4DE/NT, Missouri
59. Seattle Seahawks: Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah
60. Baltimore Ravens: Jon Greenard, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Florida
61. Tennessee Titans: Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn
62. Green Bay Packers: Trey Adams, OT, Washington
63. Seattle Seahawks: Justin Madubuike, DT, Texas A&M
64. Kansas City Chiefs: Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU

You do understand that carpool can not beat press man coverage and prior to 2019, bb did not draft guys that could not beat press man coverage.

Trey Adams is Not going in the 2nd round...He might not be drafted in Any round...

As is often the case, you are correct, but exaggerating.

I checked Draftek, an interesting source, since they try to be an average or consensus.
They have Adams as the #12 OT, the 127th best player in the draft, and have him being drafted in the early 4th; so definitely NOT a 2nd rounder.

Bit surprised you thought Jordon Love was going to last deep into the 2nd round. A LOT of hype around that kid.

Bit surprised you thought Jordon Love was going to last deep into the 2nd round. A LOT of hype around that kid.

I suspect that Love will be drafted in the 19-23 range, with an outside chance of JAX or LV using a earlier pick for him.

A couple of mediates have all four QB's being drafted in the top 10. This actually makes sense to me. ARIZ, LAC and MIA are likely to draft 3 QB's in the top 6 picks. If LV or JAX think that Love is their man, then they may believe that they need to use their early pick.

We’re moving into the 2nd round for T. Lewis who missed 2 seasons and C. Claypool?

I suspect that Love will be drafted in the 19-23 range, with an outside chance of JAX or LV using a earlier pick for him.

A couple of mediates have all four QB's being drafted in the top 10. This actually makes sense to me. ARIZ, LAC and MIA are likely to draft 3 QB's in the top 6 picks. If LV or JAX think that Love is their man, then they may believe that they need to use their early pick.

Cousin. Love is one of the most polarizing picks in the Draft. His 2019 Tape is awful if you check it.
The only good news might be the Past can get a couple picks from the Colts if they want him at #23.
Half the Teams like him and half not so much. Remember the Parcell formula for QB's is at least 60% completions and Love scrapes the bottom of that bowl at barely 60%. As much as I am not a fan of Winston, I would take him at QB if you offer him a chance to compete and resurrect his career here. It's up to him. Money or a career that can bring money.

It would be fun to watch Bill prove a point. It's like the old Oiler coach Bum Phillips would say

"He can take his'n and beat your'n and take your'n and beat his'n" RIP Bum..

He's only 26 so Josh can play mad scientist with him. His career completion % is not bad at 61.3%.

IMO to meet a challenge........Nothing Bill and Josh would like better is Jameis Winston successful here.

You have to search for the irony.

DW Toys

As is often the case, you are correct, but exaggerating.

I checked Draftek, an interesting source, since they try to be an average or consensus.
They have Adams as the #12 OT, the 127th best player in the draft, and have him being drafted in the early 4th; so definitely NOT a 2nd rounder.
He's a tough kid...He played every game last year, but was terrible at the combine, and I'm not sure if he'll ever be what he was in 2017 before he suffered an ACL tear half-way through that season...then back surgery in 2018...

Remember the Parcell formula for QB's is at least 60% completions and Love scrapes the bottom of that bowl at barely 60%..

You have a strange way of looking at requirements. Parcells said that the minimum for QB was 60%. Love meets that minimum. THEREFORE, Parcells wouldn't have rejected him because of that stat alone.
===
I suspect the primary reason that you reject Love as a 1st round pick is that you believe that Winston is a better acquisition at QB. There are at least 6 QB needy teams looking for QB's in the first. I suspect that none of them will choose Winston if they could draft Love.

So, sure, if Belichick wants Winston (or Cam) instead of Love, I'm all for it. IMO, that says absolutely nothing about Love's skills or his future.

You have a strange way of looking at requirements. Parcells said that the minimum for QB was 60%. Love meets that minimum. THEREFORE, Parcells wouldn't have rejected him because of that stat alone.
===
I suspect the primary reason that you reject Love as a 1st round pick is that you believe that Winston is a better acquisition at QB. There are at least 6 QB needy teams looking for QB's in the first. I suspect that none of them will choose Winston if they could draft Love.

So, sure, if Belichick wants Winston (or Cam) instead of Love, I'm all for it. IMO, that says absolutely nothing about Love's skills or his future.
Fair retort.
DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back