PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

12 wins, book it.

Miami split
Buffelo get swept
Jets Sweep

They were swept by Miami last year and split with Buffalo. Both are improved as are the Jets.

Steelers and Ravens split. It could be the other way around who knows but I can't see them winning both. Honestly they could be 0-4. That's a brutal first quarter of the season.

Packers and Lions split.

Cleveland and Chicago split. Maybe you can make an case they sweep these two but with Watson I expect the Browns will have a bounce back year.

Indy and Minn split. Has the defense done anything to make you think Taylor won't run all over them again? Ryan > Wentz.

Cards, Raiders and Bengals. By this time in the season who knows where all the teams will be at with injuries. I'll give them the Cards as they seem to implode down the stretch. They'll be a dog against both the Bengrals and Raiders.

8-9 but I could see them scheming it up to go as good as 10-7 again. I hope you're right and they are 12-5. I'd be psyched to be wrong. I'm setting my expectations that this is year two of the rebuild with MJ10. I expect the offense will be more dynamic. I also think the defense still has a lot of holes. Losing Jackson hurts. We'll see.

Sun, Sep 11@
2019_MIA_wbg.png
Miami0-0
1:00 PM EDT
CBS
Loss
Sun, Sep 18@
2019_PIT_wbg.png
Pittsburgh0-0
CBS
Win
Sun, Sep 25vs
2019_BAL_wbg.png
Baltimore0-0
FOX
Loss
Sun, Oct 2@
2019_GB_wbg.png
Green Bay0-0
4:25 PM EDT
CBS
Loss
Sun, Oct 9vs
2019_DET_wbg.png
Detroit0-0
FOX
Win
Sun, Oct 16@
2019_CLE_wbg.png
Cleveland0-0
CBS
Loss
Mon, Oct 24vs
bears_wbg.png
Chicago0-0
8:15 PM EDT
ESPN
Win
Sun, Oct 30@
2019_NYJ_wbg.png
NY Jets0-0
CBS
Win
Sun, Nov 6vs
2019_IND_wbg.png
Indianapolis0-0
1:00 PM EST
CBS
Loss
Bye Week
Sun, Nov 20vs
2019_NYJ_wbg.png
NY Jets0-0
CBS
Win
Thu, Nov 24@
2019_MIN_wbg.png
Minnesota0-0
8:20 PM EST
NBC
Win
Thu, Dec 1vs
2019_BUF_wbg.png
Buffalo0-0
8:15 PM ESTLoss
Mon, Dec 12@
2019_ARI_wbg.png
Arizona0-0
8:15 PM EST
ESPN
Win
Sun, Dec 18@
raiders_wbg.png
Las Vegas0-0
NBC
Loss
Sat, Dec 24vs
2019_CIN_wbg.png
Cincinnati0-0
CBS
Loss
Sun, Jan 1vs
2019_MIA_wbg.png
Miami0-0
CBS
Win
Sun, Jan 8@
2019_BUF_wbg.png
Buffalo0-0
Time: TBDLoss
You have them losing to thr Browns who they beat the pants off last year? The Raiders a loss? The rest are a toss up. I'm waiting to see how fast the defense plays before I start making prognostications

Few weeks back I thought 10 - 7 and I will stick with that until nearer the start of the season (or after camp)

Vegas is recognizing that this is how people are betting - the equivalent number of people will grab one or another side of the bet with us at exactly .500. I would like Vegas to offer me a bet that no team will have 12 or more wins. Of course, Vegas will not do this. The over-under on most wins, any team is probably more like 14. So I mean, it is what it is. This is what the crowd thinks, thank you Vegas.
Wait, so you're saying people started betting and then based on the bets, Vegas came out with the win totals odds? What were ppl betting on before the odds came out? They haven't changed since they came out. What changes is the vig on the O/U.

The projected number of wins for each team are based on past success, personnel moves and strength of schedule. They look at stuff like this. Did the team get better or worse during offseason?

There are new pieces at WR, but really I think it's a less than ironclad blueprint to be ultra-concerned about a "true number 1" receiver if you can rely on a QB leading the team to success.
Mac just needs to show he can be clutch. Until he does, nothing else matters. It helps to have a #1 WR.

20220612_112226.jpg

Why? We won exactly 0 superbowls with a number 1 receiver and Gronk wasn't even playing in 2 of them
He only missed one of them (Falcons).

He was bigtime in the win against the Seahawks and set up the game leading TD against the Rams.

Nothing worse than the 0 posters that complain about not having a "true no. 1 RB" They're the worst.
# 1 RBs are the least of the Pats woes. I could watch Harris, Stevenson or White all game long.

If this Strong pans out the Pats wont have enough snaps for all.

He’s probably including sb46 where he was very limited and played as a decoy.
I got the impression the poster was implying Gronk only was a part of 1 of the 3 Super Bowl wins during his time in NE.

Last edited:
I think I know what to expect from the Offense - steady mediocracy. If we start getting into the OLine depth, it could get a lot uglier than that. On D, I’m really worried, but I’m hoping that we have a few schematic tricks up our sleeves. Our front “7” seemed pretty poor to me last year, and we did virtually nothing to improve it. But we’ve got a lot of good safeties - maybe we’re gonna have some kind of innovative 3-2-6 D that takes the offenses of the league a few seasons to solve. Only half kidding - I gotta feeling we’re gonna see something really different on D this year and it’s gonna involve those safeties.

But, failing a defensive miracle, I think we’re gonna win 8 or 9 in this rebuilding season. Since we already have our QB, we don’t have to totally tank for a better QB draft slot. We’re fortunate…

We will not be as bad as a lot of people think but at the same time I don't see us being Superbowl contenders at least not yet. I think 9-10 wins we shall see.

Wait, so you're saying people started betting and then based on the bets, Vegas came out with the win totals odds? What were ppl betting on before the odds came out? They haven't changed since they came out. What changes is the vig on the O/U.

The projected number of wins for each team are based on past success, personnel moves and strength of schedule. They look at stuff like this. Did the team get better or worse during offseason?

my bad. I dont really understand the gambling industry and my go-to model was how point spreads work.
We will not be as bad as a lot of people think but at the same time I don't see us being Superbowl contenders at least not yet. I think 9-10 wins we shall see.
Reasonable take -we haven't gotten better enough to take a step forward, in other words. I think we have but the loudest chat is about how great all the rest of division's gotten.

I mean, things can go any direction, I get that. going back to the pack is just a great reminder is that ennaday (my new way to say "at the end of the day") teams are all just paying a game. They do it better or worse but there are no guarantees, and most teams can go from 4-12 to 10-6 to 6-10 and for most teams, that's pretty much shrug-worthy. It sort of like the weather. It's a huge expenditure of energy to maintain a tough team even in years where excellence is out of reach, and so on. The Pats have been good at maintaining excellence and I'm sort of leaning toward viewing the other guys' big shiny signings as part of a continuum. we seem to be in similar territory. I puposely went a game or two high, beause I think we will be significantly improved. That means nothing in a vacuum, so that said, I figured I would say 2 more games from the improvements to date.

and that said, the doubts about the defense are getting sort of real to me so la la la la I'm not listening.

Why? We won exactly 0 superbowls with a number 1 receiver and Gronk wasn't even playing in 2 of them
uh, gee.... maybe having the greatest QB in the history of the game had something to do with it? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There are new pieces at WR, but really I think it's a less than ironclad blueprint to be ultra-concerned about a "true number 1" receiver if you can rely on a QB leading the team to success.

If anybody should know that it's fans who were there for the first Pats dynasty in 2001-2004. Who was our great league-stomping wideout then? Patten? Troy Brown? David Givens?
It wasn't as much of a passing league back then as it is today.

And you are the second person here that I have to remind that during those Super Bowls we had the greatest QB in the history of the National Football League. I like Mac Jones, and I think he is going to have a great career - but there's only one GOAT.
But a lot of guys here think Mac-10 puts up 4,500 yards and 30 TD, and that sounds reasonable to me. It's a far cry from peak Brady, and sorry to anybody who has him in fantasy. But that's certainly a number where if nobody emerges as a "1", that's actually a good thing. It means he's so in command and so devoted to the open man, not one particular guy, that if ANYBODY gets open he'll gash you.
Get back to me when that happens. Don't get me wrong, I think he is more than capable of achieving those numbers if he ever gets the right tools to work with, but we just don't have those tools yet.

The Patriots are good.

My concern is they appear to lack toughness and determination.

When the media jumped on the bandwagon, the team turned soft like they had e.d.

I incorrectly thought our veteran holdovers from the Super Bowls would lead us.

We miss McGinest, Cox, Bruschi, Vrabel, Brown & Vinatieri more than we do Brady.

Miami split
Buffelo get swept
Jets Sweep

They were swept by Miami last year and split with Buffalo. Both are improved as are the Jets.

Steelers and Ravens split. It could be the other way around who knows but I can't see them winning both. Honestly they could be 0-4. That's a brutal first quarter of the season.

Packers and Lions split.

Cleveland and Chicago split. Maybe you can make an case they sweep these two but with Watson I expect the Browns will have a bounce back year.

Indy and Minn split. Has the defense done anything to make you think Taylor won't run all over them again? Ryan > Wentz.

Cards, Raiders and Bengals. By this time in the season who knows where all the teams will be at with injuries. I'll give them the Cards as they seem to implode down the stretch. They'll be a dog against both the Bengrals and Raiders.

8-9 but I could see them scheming it up to go as good as 10-7 again. I hope you're right and they are 12-5. I'd be psyched to be wrong. I'm setting my expectations that this is year two of the rebuild with MJ10. I expect the offense will be more dynamic. I also think the defense still has a lot of holes. Losing Jackson hurts. We'll see.

Sun, Sep 11@
2019_MIA_wbg.png
Miami0-0
CBS
Loss
Sun, Sep 18@
2019_PIT_wbg.png
Pittsburgh0-0
CBS
Win
Sun, Sep 25vs
2019_BAL_wbg.png
Baltimore0-0
FOX
Loss
Sun, Oct 2@
2019_GB_wbg.png
Green Bay0-0
4:25 PM EDT
CBS
Loss
Sun, Oct 9vs
2019_DET_wbg.png
Detroit0-0
FOX
Win
Sun, Oct 16@
2019_CLE_wbg.png
Cleveland0-0
CBS
Loss
Mon, Oct 24vs
bears_wbg.png
Chicago0-0
8:15 PM EDT
ESPN
Win
Sun, Oct 30@
2019_NYJ_wbg.png
NY Jets0-0
CBS
Win
Sun, Nov 6vs
2019_IND_wbg.png
Indianapolis0-0
CBS
Loss
Bye Week
Sun, Nov 20vs
2019_NYJ_wbg.png
NY Jets0-0
CBS
Win
Thu, Nov 24@
2019_MIN_wbg.png
Minnesota0-0
NBC
Win
Thu, Dec 1vs
2019_BUF_wbg.png
Buffalo0-0
8:15 PM ESTLoss
Mon, Dec 12@
2019_ARI_wbg.png
Arizona0-0
8:15 PM EST
ESPN
Win
Sun, Dec 18@
raiders_wbg.png
Las Vegas0-0
NBC
Loss
Sat, Dec 24vs
2019_CIN_wbg.png
Cincinnati0-0
CBS
Loss
Sun, Jan 1vs
2019_MIA_wbg.png
Miami0-0
CBS
Win
Sun, Jan 8@
2019_BUF_wbg.png
Buffalo0-0
Time: TBDLoss
Taking the season in quarters:
Q1: 2-2
Q2: 4-0
Indy g9 at home: 1-0. This is our game of the year. We win it and go into the bye 7-2.
Q3: 2-2
Q4: 2-2
Overall: 11-6. Going .500 after the bye will be challenging but at point we’ll have some mojo that will carry us.

uh, gee.... maybe having the greatest QB in the history of the game had something to do with it? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Uh gee, if it was only that, wouldn't the best QB in the game plus the best WR to ever play the game mean an automatic win if all that was missing was a #1? See that's a stupid argument.

I haven't seen one poster complain about this. Damien Harris is a very good RB and I would put him in the top 5 of the NFL. Rham is going to a top back in the league very soon.

I believe he will have a bounce back year and utilized better. The play designs for him last year were set up to fail.

They have a very solid group of S's. But the CB's look brutal on paper. 2005 and 2008 esque.

Judon and Barmore need help. Uche needs to step it up and not stand around like he did a lot last year after his initial rush move didn't work. The diapers need to come off with Jennings and Perkins.

Bill is really rolling the dice on what he has at LB with McGrone (injury prone), McMillan (injury prone) and Wilson (lost job to another player) on the inside and Jennings (IR), Perkins (IR) and Uche on the outside (snaps decreased as he kept getting thrown out of the club when teams ran the ball/invisible pass rusher).
Mark this.. Rham is gonna be the derrick Henry this season.... And Jonnu is gonna be a 600 yard 6 TD TE with Henry a 400 yard 5 TD TE. The offense is gonna be a nightmare for opposing defenses while defense will be a bend don't break . So we might inch ahead.

When playoffs come , the defense monsters will be unleashed as the sophomores and juniors will be unleashed after gaining experience in regular season.

It's off season, so who carezzz

He only missed one of them (Falcons).

He was bigtime in the win against the Seahawks and set up the game leading TD against the Rams.
You're right, sorry, but still, we won without him

Taking the season in quarters:
Q1: 2-2
Q2: 4-0
Indy g9 at home: 1-0. This is our game of the year. We win it and go into the bye 7-2.
Q3: 2-2
Q4: 2-2
Overall: 11-6. Going .500 after the bye will be challenging but at point we’ll have some mojo that will carry us.
And after the bye we'll have the experience of 2021 as an instructive example of what happens when you assume.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back