PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

“We’re going through a process”

BB uses a systematic approach to coaching. Coaches are not just "granted" titles and positions unless they have filled that specific role for him previously.

Patricia has never filled the offensive coordinator role for Belichick previously.

Coaches are moved to new titles year to year. They grow in the system and are elevated based on performance and experience. None of this year, or its approach regarding coaching system is "new".

Belichick has never made a previous defensive coordinator, his offensive coordinator. That has never happened.

Patricia has never filled the offensive coordinator role for Belichick previously.

Belichick has never made a previous defensive coordinator, his offensive coordinator. That has never happened.
Dorsey has never filled the OC roles for McDermott.
I guarantee you that belichick knows Patricia far better than McDermott knows Dorsey.

McDermott has never made a previous QB coach into his OC.

And feel free to demonstrate proof where he has been given that title (a hint - you can't) - which is the whole entire premise of the original post crabbing about how the Patriots aren't giving him that title so Detroit picks up the majority of his salary.

He also had never had a WR play CB before Troy Brown had a three INT year as a mid-season replacement - what's your point?

It's okay to be afraid of innovation and new ideas - just go to your happy place - which for reasons still unclear to most of us doesn't include your own team's message board.

That's an easy interpretation when that's already the assumption you had going in. Another way to look at it would be they had their defacto OC calling plays when the goal was to practice regular operation (Patricia calling when Hoyer and the "starters" were in the game), and they had the QB Coach calling them when the goal was to see what the rookie did with specific playcalls/situations (Judge calling when Zappe was in the game).

In the past, McDaniels was both the OC and the QB Coach, so there wouldn't be that distinction.

You can also read "We're going through a process" to mean they're experimenting with gameday operation protocol: Who is the first in the QB's ear after a series? When does Patricia work with the OL and when do they leave that to Yates? When does collaboration between Judge and Patricia happen if Mac were playing?

There are a LOT of ways to read "We're going through a process". It may be an audition, who knows, but It's not hard at all to think it's not.
I didn’t have any assumptions until TC.

Dorsey has never filled the OC roles for McDermott.
I guarantee you that belichick knows Patricia far better than McDermott knows Dorsey.

McDermott has never made a previous QB coach into his OC.

Yeah and most Bills fans are pretty nervous about it.

You kinda just made my point…

Yeah and most Bills fans are pretty nervous about it.

You kinda just made my point…
They should be, you kinda just made mine.

No, but McDaniels had a total of ONE year of coaching experience on the offensive side of the ball prior to being handed the play-calling duties by Bill (after one year as QBs coach).

F934B6BF-D338-4401-8BE2-C0FA9921C721.jpeg

Patricia was an offensive assistant in 2004 and assistant OL coach in 2005 (both with the Pats) before transitioning to the defense in 2006. Add in his extensive knowledge of the Pats offensive system from his 5 years as DC and his time spent in offensive meetings during his 2+ years as a head coach in Detriot one could argue that he is much more prepared to call plays on offense than JMD was in 2004.

No, but McDaniels had a total of ONE year of coaching experience on the offensive side of the ball prior to being handed the play-calling duties by Bill (after one year as QBs coach).

View attachment 44568

Patricia was an offensive assistant in 2004 and assistant OL coach in 2005 (both with the Pats) before transitioning to the defense in 2006. Add in his extensive knowledge of the Pats offensive system from his 5 years as DC and his time spent in offensive meetings during his 2+ years as a head coach in Detriot one could argue that he is much more prepared to call plays on offense than JMD was in 2004.
Lol

Adam Gaze has never been OC of the Patriots, he's a "titled" OC, yet BB didn't call him.

Lots of other former OCs that meet your "titled" requirement are also at home sitting on their couches.

Seems being "titled" is important to Moldy Cow, not to BB.

Seems spreading FUD is what is important to Moldy Cow.

Adam Gaze has never been OC of the Patriots, he's a "titled" OC, yet BB didn't call him.

Lots of other former OCs that meet your "titled" requirement are also at home sitting on their couches.

Seems being "titled" is important to Moldy Cow, not to BB.

Seems spreading FUD is what is important to Moldy Cow.
There are three things that seem to be most important to Bill.
1) Keeping himself as the highest paid HC.
2) Keeping his players from being the highest paid at their position.
3) Keeping his kids on the payroll.

Edit: Sorry about the dig at Bill. I thought I was on the Brady forum.

That makes it better?

I think the most important thing to him is winning

As far as being the highest paid coach who would you suggest be paid higher than him ?

If his kids (who grew up in a football household with a pretty good mentor/father) have what it takes to be on the staff and we know will show loyalty to the team, why is that a problem

BB dose not strike me as the type of guy to give his kid a job on the team if they were not capable of doing it to the proper standards.

Seems like that would be pretty counterproductive.

As far as being the highest paid coach who would you suggest be paid higher than him ?

If his kids (who grew up in a football household with a pretty good mentor/father) have what it takes to be on the staff and we know will show loyalty to the team, why is that a problem

BB dose not strike me as the type of guy to give his kid a job on the team if they were not capable of doing it to the proper standards.

Bill turned out ok as a coach being mentored by his dad Steve. Not exactly the same thing but being in a football family obviously has it's learning benefits.

Bill turned out ok as a coach being mentored by his dad Steve. Not exactly the same thing but being in a football family obviously has it's learning benefits.
Yeah. I just don’t get the nepotism spin. If anything it’s probably a good thing.

View attachment 44568

He took over an offense that was an established system, led by what could be the most experienced qb you could get in the league. If Brady was here, I don’t think
People talk about the OC. Kind of a big difference

I mean McVay should be the highest coach in the league

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back