PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Tyms see the field?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lets pay attention to where he played. Cleveland started how many quarterbacks last year?

He earned a chance in preseason, KT wasn't cut for Tyms, but he was allowed to be cut because Tyms was there, the team apparently views their value as relatively similar but Tyms physical upside far surpasses every receiver on the team, including Dobson, who is pretty talented himself.

I liked KT, certainly thought he would do more, but he's gone and isn't coming back. Tyms is here and hopefully him and Dobson show enough to end the Amendola experiment. Because even on the rare occasion he does get the ball, someone else decides they don't want it to count and it is overwritten by a penalty. He's probably the most expensive season-long decoy we've ever employed and if we're only going to run decoys out onto the field after Edelman/Lafell/Wright/Gronk then I'd rather they be decoys capable of blowing the top off of the defense and opening up the short and intermediate middle, where everyone else excels at.

Last edited:
Does Tyms run anything other than go routes?

Does Tyms run anything other than go routes?

Isn't that what the people screaming for a deep threat want though? A guy that just runs go routes and out jumps and out muscles the DB?

Tyms didn't play much for a couple teams, but it probably helped him a lot. He didn't get to play much in college.

Don't forget, Chris Jones did little on two teams while Siliga bounced between the roster and practice squad of three teams without doing much. This is how you learn and it indicates determination on the part of the player.

The idea that every player is a high pick that instantly becomes an all pro at the position he played in college is such a joke.

I'm hoping that at some point soon they can just activate Edelman, LaFell, Dobson and Tyms on gamedays. Edelman has inside/outside versatility and will line up outside on 2WR packages, inside on 3WR packages. LaFell also has inside/outside versatility even though the Pats have mostly used him outside so far. Then Dobson & Tyms would be purely outside guys.

So in a 3WR set, you'd have Dobson and either LaFell/Tyms outside and Edelman inside; in a 2TE/2WR set, you'd have Edelman and Dobson/LaFell/Tyms outside while running Gronk & Wright at TE.

In the event that Edelman was injured, LaFell could most likely fill that role. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Carolina mostly used him out of the slot. I just don't see where Amendola fits too clearly, and certainly not at his salary comparatively. My only question would be if LaFell would fully grasp the slot role in the Patriots' offense at this point or not, so perhaps they wouldn't yet trust him as Edelman's backup.

Overall, a WR corps of Edelman, LaFell, Dobson and Tyms SHOULD have enough positional versatility to be able to keep the 4 of them active and still be able to run any package you want. My hope is that by the end of the regular season, those are the only guys we're seeing activated.

He did travel....but will still be surprised to see him out there. But its a start

Thanks for the info, I'm excited to see what happens with him!

Me too. I hope he gets a chance to at least try and see if he is capable

I don't see the harm, could turn out great! I hope it happens :)
will Tyms see the field? Of course he will...he's got two eyes...jeezus...TORCH THIS FREAKIN' THREAD!

Thank you for the answer, we've been unsure for several pages now...

I'm all in on Brady, Gronk, and Tyms for tomorrow.

No, I'm not drunk right now but KA does stand for kool-aid.

If I win, $$$ for everyone

let's go boys

If I win, $$$ for everyone

If you don't mind, you can just send my share to Boston University. Tell them it's from the guy who owes the most--they'll know what to do from there.

will Tyms see the field? Of course he will...he's got two eyes...jeezus...TORCH THIS FREAKIN' THREAD!

Ocho didn't see the field sometimes, because he was facing the wrong way.

If you don't mind, you can just send my share to Boston University. Tell them it's from the guy who owes the most--they'll know what to do from there.

Deal

As far as Tyms goes, I really do hope that he gets a shot to show his stuff in a live game setting.

My concern is that the coaching staff currently places Edelman, Amendola, LaFell, and Dobson ahead of him---so I have a hard time envisioning him getting the active designation.

The minute we get an injury though, he'll likely be in the mix.

As far as Tyms goes, I really do hope that he gets a shot to show his stuff in a live game setting.

My concern is that the coaching staff currently places Edelman, Amendola, LaFell, and Dobson ahead of him---so I have a hard time envisioning him getting the active designation.

The minute we get an injury though, he'll likely be in the mix.

I never wish injury on anyone...But I would mind DA groin to act up for a few weeks. Maybe we could see tyms :)

I never wish injury on anyone...But I would mind DA groin to act up for a few weeks. Maybe we could see tyms :)

The problem with that is that we then have to hope that nothing happens to Edelman, as Amendola would obviously be the one to replace that production (or so we assume).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick