PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Tyms see the field?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we'll know within the next 48 hours what will happen.

Edelman is crucial, not Amendola ... and if Amendola ever had to fill that void he would not be nearly as effective as Edelman. I rather have Collie who will do pretty much exactly the same, if not, better for a way cheaper price tag as well. Not only that, but Amendola looks slower/weaker on the field this year while 100% healthy compared to an injury plagued 2013 season.

Collie stat line for 2013 playoffs: 5 catches 7 targets 72 yards with 5 first downs
Amendola stat line for 2013 playoffs: 3 Catches 6 targets 77 yards with 3 first downs

I'll take the cheaper option.
Speaking of which, why don't we have Collie now?

Speaking of which, why don't we have Collie now?

Released due to nagging injuries. He worked out for the Redskins after but they didn't sign him. Now he is with no team.

our hopes are on a guy who has never played in the nfl and wasn't drafted.

i miss brandon lloyd. we could really use him.

i miss brandon lloyd. we could really use him.[/QUOTE said:
Crazy how harsh this place was on Lloyd. Now we miss him. I don't mean you I mean this board in general. We have receivers they just haven't been active much.

No Tyms tomorrow, if ever.

^^^^^^ Excellent news on Tyms. This WR group needs some playmaking ability added to it.

^^^^^^ Excellent news on Tyms. This WR group needs some playmaking ability added to it.
Waiting to see what the corresponding moves are going to be.

Side note:

Report is that Thompkins got claimed by the Raiders.

Reported on WEEI that Joe Vellano is being released. And if that is the case, the Pats either like what Walker did last night or Easley's injury isn't that big of a deal. Hopefully both.

Reported on WEEI that Joe Vellano is being released. And if that is the case, the Pats either like what Walker did last night or Easley's injury isn't that big of a deal. Hopefully both.

I don't think Easley is that badly hurt otherwise they would have kept Vellano IMO.

I still want to see Tyms out there with the 1s and see what he can do. Worth a shot over Amendola

I'd love to see Tyms give it a shot. He can't do worse than Amendola.

Not sure why anyone thought Amendola was in there because of play making ability.

It was pretty clear there were no other options after Amendola to make it even possible for Amendola to ride the pine a little.

Tyms adds speed and size to the perimeter. I think he can be an awesome addition if so long as he can get on the same page as Brady. Really hope he can get on the field soon. Gronk, Dobson, Wright, Lafell, and Tyms are great large targets for Brady in the redzone.

I'm hoping they utilize him as a middle-deep guy only; simplify the offense for him to start and have him run a somewhat limited set of routes. Have him attack the intermediate and deep portion of the field outside the numbers, while guys like Edelman and the backs work the short stuff, and Gronk & Wright attack the seams and middle. Could work out. The only thing they're missing is the deep threat which is where he excels; why not have him just specialize in that?

His athleticism will have BB finding a special teams role for him sooner or later, which will help his odds of being a game day active player.

Not sure why anyone thought Amendola was in there because of play making ability.

It was pretty clear there were no other options after Amendola to make it even possible for Amendola to ride the pine a little.
Did anyone think it was because of his playmaking ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST