PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Tyms see the field?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think NE is going to release Amendola for Tyms? Or is that just what you want to do? I don't know if the Pats get a roster exemption for Browner and Tyms but maybe they will for a week or two so they can practice and see what NE has in them.

Yes, because Amendola has been so great out there

DA needs to go. We all know that. I want to see Tyms get a chance with the starting unit...not back ups. Dobson is turning into a dud
He really doesnt though. Is it just not getting seperation? I just dont get how he is this unused after being so effective In St Louis

So you think NE is going to release Amendola for Tyms? Or is that just what you want to do? I don't know if the Pats get a roster exemption for Browner and Tyms but maybe they will for a week or two so they can practice and see what NE has in them.

I think they should release Amendola for whoever, this guy has proven he is not effective in this offense. It's been 1 full season and a quarter of this season. Like I already said, what exactly does Amendola bring to this team? The guy is just wasting a roster spot, if you don't agree with me then so be it but that's just my opinion. If anyone really thinks Amendola is suddenly just going to spark and become reliable then they are delusional.

I would let one of the end of the roster guys go and try to get him out there because to date this year he has been the only WR who has offered anything downfield and they desperately need to open things up and ned a deep threat to do it..

Tyms has done nothing this year as he has been suspended and if you are basing it on the preseason then i'd imagine you want Garoppolo over Brady.

I think they should release Amendola for whoever, this guy has proven he is not effective in this offense. It's been 1 full season and a quarter of this season. Like I already said, what exactly does Amendola bring to this team? The guy is just wasting a roster spot, if you don't agree with me then so be it but that's just my opinion. If anyone really thinks Amendola is suddenly just going to spark and become reliable then they are delusional.
I agreed with you earlier. The point is BB sees a reason to keep Amendola on the team and active and playing. I don't know what that is. I haven't defended Amendola once. I said he hasn't brought much at all to the team.

But the fact is, for Tyms to get a chance, two roster spots have to open up. Browner is probably going to take priority to get on the 53.

DA needs to go. We all know that. I want to see Tyms get a chance with the starting unit...not back ups. Dobson is turning into a dud

So Tyms who has done nothing in 2 years in the NFL deserves a chance and Dobson who had the best rookie season a WR has ever had with Brady which was derailed by an injury and missed all of the preseason and has been inactive because of stupid game planning is turning into a dud?

The bottom of this roster is not so good that I'd be overly concerned with cutting one of them if the staff feels as though Tyms can bring something that none of the other WR's can. Given how woeful this group of WR's are .....................

I agreed with you earlier. The point is BB sees a reason to keep Amendola on the team and active and playing. I don't know what that is. I haven't defended Amendola once. I said he hasn't brought much at all to the team.

But the fact is, for Tyms to get a chance, two roster spots have to open up. Browner is probably going to take priority to get on the 53.

When the WRs and offense have played the way they have over 4 games we have players to cut. Tyms fits a need as a physical X receiver

So Tyms who has done nothing in 2 years in the NFL deserves a chance and Dobson who had the best rookie season a WR has ever had with Brady which was derailed by an injury and missed all of the preseason and has been inactive because of stupid game planning is turning into a dud?

Tyms never got an opportunity, he was a PS player the last 2 years.

Tyms never got an opportunity, he was a PS player the last 2 years.

Oh he had every opportunity as a practice squad player to prove to those teams that he was worth a spot on the 53.

The guy couldn't beat out Marlon Moore or Rishard Matthews in Miami's offense all season in 2012 yet Pats are suppose to just hand him the outside WR job in their offense?

Same thing with Cleveland. Only reason why he got on the 53 was because of injury

Oh he had every opportunity as a practice squad player to prove to those teams that he was worth a spot on the 53.

The guy couldn't beat out Marlon Moore or Rishard Matthews in Miami's offense all season in 2012 yet Pats are suppose to just hand him the outside WR job in their offense?

Same thing with Cleveland. Only reason why he got on the 53 was because of injury

Good thing you don't coach or scout. He was an undrafted PS player and after 2 years will hopefully get a chance to prove his talent. I think we all liked what we saw in training camp and hopefully that translates to the regular season. At this point we need to try anything because outside of Edelman/Gronk we're in trouble. Our O-line has rendered the screen pass ineffictive as well.

The point is BB sees a reason to keep Amendola on the team and active and playing. I don't know what that is. I haven't defended Amendola once. I said he hasn't brought much at all to the team.

Amendola is getting play time because Dobson/Thompkins are inactive and there are no other WR's as Tyms was suspended. I find it hard to believe BB has Amendola in there because of the threat he brings. He is pretty much a non factor. Things could change after the Bengals game IMO.

Ok? And Danny Woodhead couldn't make the Jet's roster and I thought he was a reliable/solid player here.

Wes Welker couldn't stay with the chargers as Clinton Hart took the priority and in Miami Wes Welker was primarily used on ST. We all know what Welker brought to this team the years he was here.

I don't really understand what your hate for Tyms is but this guys competition is Danny Amendola. I am ALL for releasing Amendola and giving this kid a shot. You even agreed, there is no difference between Amendola/Tyms on this roster if Tyms were to fail.

Last edited:
I'm all for cutting an end of roster guy to give Tyms a shot. Do they really need Don Jones on the 53?

Even if Tyms isn't active every game, at least he is a potential weapon they can use in certain game plans... Provided they rediscover how to game plan.

Because Dobson and Thompkins can't even get on the field because of McDaniels and Belichick's terrible game plans why the hell should Tyms? Those guys proved they got the offense.

LOL @ Dobson or Thompkins proving anything in this league.

This offense is garbage and Thompkins and Dobson have already proven when they're on the field, they're below JAG. Tyms at least has untapped potential, a potential wild card left-field savior to this putrid, anemic offense. They NEED to shake things up.

They'd be fools NOT to at least give it a ****ing try. I'll take the potential of Tyms over the known garbage that is Dobson and Thompkins. How could you possibly be so stubborn?

Please start Tyms, Bill. The dude can have 4 catches and instantly be an improvement over everyone not named Edelman. I mean for ****s sake, look at Larry Donnell with the Giants. Giants went from having no idea who their #1 tight end would be in the preseason to all of the sudden undrafted Donnell emerging as an elite threat.

GIVE US TYMS. I never bought into the bull*** hype on Thompkins or Dobson, but Tyms actually excites me.

WHO KNOWS what BB is thinkin. For all we know Browner can be a healthy scratch and I had to look in back of milk container to see if KT & AD were found yet.
BUT don't worry fella & bella Pat's Fans BB has Danny Amendola out there doin what......
I HAVE NO IDEA!

Is it really stupid game planning? Or is he still hurt?

I don't believe it's game planning. There has to be a lingering injury.
The coaches suck this year...but if he is healthy and still sitting out...then there cant be much confidence in him. Less then DA

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft